PDA

View Full Version : Voice Actors

SWalli799
05-09-2018, 05:06 PM
I just re-watched the second live report few minutes ago. How it seems the developers have changed the timeline from their first ideas. I really appreciate that. I have the feeling they want to show us more from Jade but also let the door open for well-known characters from BGE1 to show up. Pey'j, Double H. Maybe they will also show us how Secundo was “given” to Jade. But these are just thoughts of mine. If we will see old characters it would be great, but if not it is also ok for me.

I only have one big request to UBISOFT. If we will see characters from BGE1, please try to get the same voice actors they already had.
I don’t know how others think about this topic, but for me there is nothing worse than seeing known and loved characters getting new voices. Be it on TV-Shows, movies or computer games. English is not my first language so I have to witness this frequently and it is always a kind of sad. It is not the end of world but it has the bitter taste of being preventable.

If developers don’t get original voice actors in fact of financial or other reasons it is ok. But please try to get them.

I guess for the current developing state it is a bit early to think that far, but I don’t know when the right point to talk about this topic comes. So I just put down my wishes and thoughts about it.

ElPrimordial
05-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Indeed, would be awesome to count with original voice actors in case we may encounter with the old gang:

"At your service, Miss Jade Thyrus!"

itsCaracal
05-10-2018, 05:46 PM
I thought about the same thing a couple months back but tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if they got soundalikes for BGE2 if anyone is to return. Voice acting for cartoons is different from voice acting for st more realistic and idk if they could pull it off since most of them have a lot more cartoon/anime experience ;I
Pey'j would be easy to replace imo, they could change him quite a bit and it would still fit, but Jade and HH have voices that I really really love and would be peeved if they sounded drastically different from BGE1. Jade needs that deep boyish voice to work, nothing short, and HH is so. Dorky. He's Gotta sound dorky for All of his lines or else it's not really HH... Pey'j is an old man from Texas ;) that's an easy voice to do

UbiBorghal
07-06-2018, 08:09 PM
@Lyogron it is quite sad to learn about the passing of a great artist in this way. However, I believe the lack of information about her passing online shows that she probably lived a very private life. It is sad to see her Wikipedia page disappear, but at least we'll always have her work to remember her by. That is quite the legacy, even more so than a Wikipedia entry.

bitebug2003
07-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Oh :(

That's terribly sad to learn

Thank you for the memories Jodi - RIP

Soulid_Snake
08-07-2018, 01:03 AM
This is so sad to read! I wish you could have been part of the sequel. As previously stated, thanks for the memories. R.I.P Jodi x

Please play tribute to Jodi in the sequel. Immortalise Jodi within the game's world.

jmk1999
08-22-2018, 03:02 PM
It’s always sad when our favorite actors pass in the middle of a series... at all really... but in the middle, it’s like a constant reminder of that fact. I remember AC2’s actress for Rosa passed in a car accident I believe. She was a series favorite that was unable to return to AC Brotherhood. Also, similar to Jodie, we ALMOST lost April Ryan’s actress from The Longest Journey series. Fortunately she was seriously ill and I don’t exactly remember the outcome or whether she pulled through it. All I know is, she’s still alive and managed to voice April in Dreamfall Chapters, despite the scare. She did have a fundraiser or something for fans to help her though. I just wish there was more we could have done for Jodie. :(

EDIT: Just added a little spoiler-hide :) Zuzu

Lyogron
08-23-2018, 01:25 PM
we ALMOST lost April Ryan’s actress from The Longest Journey series. Fortunately she was seriously ill and I don’t exactly remember the outcome or whether she pulled through it. All I know is, she’s still alive and managed to voice April in Dreamfall Chapters, despite the scare. She did have a fundraiser or something for fans to help her though.

Sarah Hamilton is OK. She started blogging again in late July this year. Twitter handle is @ThatHamilton. The 2014 gofundme campaign originally didn't even dare to capitalize on her voiceover work as April Ryan, but after Ragnar Tørnquist tweeted about it, the donations kept coming in and the TLJ fans got involved heavily. She didn't do much voiceover work for Chapters eventually. In fact, she may only have been in the studio once. She voiced one character (not April Ryan) in the first episode, got a single sentence in the second, and a few spotty remarks in the fifth (I won't say anything about the circumstances, because those spoilers would be heavy). So, yeah, while Hamilton still has talent through the roof, Dreamfall Chapters only saw a disappointing guest appearance of hers (possibly because of her illness - and caring for her mom afterwards).

ElPrimordial
08-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Oh Longest Journey! Another pending subject in my endless backlog...

I like her voice, and could be a great addition to BGE2 universe, and so we can give her a hand too!!!
Its a Win-Win situation!!!

benoski
09-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Jodi's passing was sad to hear. I only found about it a couple of days ago on the subreddit for Code Lyoko (a French cartoon show years ago where she played multiple characters, alongside David Gasman).

I only hope they find someone who'll live to to Jodi's performance as Jade. If not, the best they can do is keep her silent.

R.I.P. Jodi.