PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den May 10th

CandleInTheDark
05-09-2018, 05:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqvsLVdSaS4

No info dump yet but we know there are going to be patch notes. One thing I have seen on Eric's reddit is they are going to do a Den live from E3 which would be June 14th. So as a reminder I am at work thursday this week, I will drop a reddit link if I see it (patch notes ones can get pretty long) and will write it up saturday

A little delayed, a Den we have \m/<(-.-)>\m/ and we have a new set.

Reminder For Honor is going to be at E3, E3 means big things to announce in the gaming world.

Free weekend was last weekend, apparently there were a lot of new players especially on PC, For Honor was among the most 20-30 most played games last weekend. The game is still on sale until the 15th, 60-70% off. Thank yous to the people who participated in the warrior training program, over 70,0000 among veterans and newcomers. They will have two weeks of champion status at the beginning of season 6 when revamped champion status, which goes from 40% extra xp from the old 25% total and more loot.

Eric won't be here next week but the next show will be a big not to be missed one. There will be more reveals.

They fixed the exploit that people were able change their character appearance to that of another character. It has been locked down, some people are..um, stuck which they will fix in an emergency fix in addition to the season 6 patch. They aren't wiping accounts or punishing people they say this is a more a me a culpa on their part but if you are playing with it in pvp maybe please stop?

Infrastructure maintenance will take place Monday 4am-7am Eastern so there will be downtime, this is an Ubi-wide thing.

New roadmap, there are some intriguing things on it, apparently NOT new characters but there are listings in the new seasonal event for Belval the Medusa, Musashi the Crane and Heidrek the Warthog. Also on the roadmap a full week xp fest. Damien said announcementS (plural) for E3.

Event order this weekend the warrior rush, faction competition to get most games played.

New Conqueror execution is not triggering the hp and stamina regen or triggering effects, they are working on it, so far as they know it is only Conqueror.

New executions are still wild and are content of the week, I logged in thursday getting ready for work just to get Valk's.

They plugged a few tournaments, Playstation May 12th 10pm GMT, from 6PM 4v4 dominion (yeah sorry if you were relying on my recap you missed that one). Also one for Xbox 1 and on Sunday 6pm gmt trial by combat. All of these are on battlefy. They also plugged Defend the North in New York.

Patch notes, seen a bunch of discussion on this but will go into them anyway.

Peacekeeper and Orochi reworks, dagger cancel, storn rush, riptide, all the stuff they went into last week.

Beachhead map everything but Tribute.

New weapons, they want feedback on the colour swatch changing weapon appearance.

Visual collection; anything you loot on any gear piece.

They addressed that people didn't think the peacekeeper rework was a big one, they take some responsibility in expectation management, they gave a move that was dangerous to use and toned down damage, this is more about quality than the amount of stuff they changed.

Tournament rewards, all winner rewards are the same ornament, same philosophy as the faction war changes they want people to be able to see that you won a tournament in such and such a season. Ok, I don't wear ornaments, but I get what people are saying, it won't fill this job if people don't wear them because they are one size fits no one and not looking like an attractive thing to wear. Paint patterns and engravings are different for each faction.

They changed the rewards so that you get a random lower tier reward, no more deliberately losing matches for rewards.

They showed the emblem outline for rep 50 reward and the new rep 50 outfits.

Refining tier 2 starting rep 10.

They have an icon showing event gear for limited time gear.

Bug fixes, mostly quality of life stuff.

First ones I am going to take directly from the patch notes as I didn't completely follow

[Adjustment] Reaction Block:
The Raider, the Orochi and the Conqueror had a branching to Dodge during the last 100ms of their Reaction blocks. This branching allowed them to Dodge earlier than other characters, which was not intended. This early branching has been removed.
Developer comment: We removed the 100ms branching to Dodge at the end of the Reaction Block to have better consistency on Reaction Block through all characters.

[Adjustment] We changed the way bump combo works:
Since launch, being bumped while being already in a Reaction (Block / Hit / Bump) would put you in a specific shorter reaction with Super Armor and Damage Reduction. It will continue to happen but only if the player that bumps you is different from the player that put you in the reaction. The direct consequences of this is that some combos are now always guaranteed, for example:
The Light Attack of Centurion “Parry Counter” into “Kick” into Light Attack will now be guaranteed
The “Stab” of “Headsplitter” into “Headbutt” into “Stab” will now be guaranteed if the “Headbutt” hit
[Bug Fix] Fixed issue that caused the Peacekeeper, Aramusha and Shugoki's Guardbreak to be harder then expected to counter.
[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that allowed the player to snap to his target after launching an attack during the Snowball emote.
[Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the level 2 and 3 bot to not be aware that they could be killed by chip damage.

Peacekeeper, Aramusha and Shugoki's guardbreak was apparently difficult to CGB with weird timings, now fixed.

Snowball teleportation tech has been fixed (again).

Level 2 and 3 bots are now aware they can be killed by chip damage.

After a lawbringer longarm opponents could only dodge backwards, this is fixed.

Fixed an issue that allows a lawbringer to use impaling charge against a hyperarmored shugoki.

Warlord headsplitter hit reaction is 1000 ms was 800 to hinder possible infinite loops.

Bunch of visual fixes

Shinobi long range heavy attacks being parried will have the,m on the ground 300ms longer.

Revenge attacks feat used to reduce attack damage by 10%, this was not the plan, been removed and fixed. Valkyrie Javelin feat was starting cooldown later than it should have, will be fixed. I might get a few more of those in :p

Tower ruins there was a spot that was covered but not protected form catapult and the like.

Forest some trees blocked the tactical view when dead.

Duel, if your opponent forfeited you'd wind up against a bot, now it ends automatically.

Age of wolf outfit for gladiator gave female gladiator male legs, been fixed.

Dev talks

Nicolas Blanchard, associate art director, he was one of the original 15 on day one five years ago.

There are now more people in the weekly lead meeting (directors and such) than there started on the whole team.

Mostly works on the environment and the maps, talking, sharing ideas. Visuals, lighting, weather and such.

Background in architecture which has some good links to map design, an aim is that the world is credible.

First E3 is his moment that he remembers, this was a good few years of work coming down to that one moment.

Samurai main, plays them, all but uses Kensei most

Community corner

And wrap

Illyrian_King
05-09-2018, 05:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqvsLVdSaS4

No info dump yet but we know there are going to be patch notes. One thing I have seen on Eric's reddit is they are going to do a Den live from E3 which would be June 14th. So as a reminder I am at work thursday this week, I will drop a reddit link if I see it (patch notes ones can get pretty long) and will write it up saturday

Wait ... sounds cool but isn't the E3 just for some days in June once a year??

Not to think I am not excited ^^

CandleInTheDark
05-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Wait ... sounds cool but isn't the E3 just for some days in June once a year??

Not to think I am not excited ^^

Yeah that one isn't until June 14th, I said that but it was kind of hidden in the text. There is going to be speculation right up until lol.

Illyrian_King
05-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Yeah that one isn't until June 14th, I said that but it was kind of hidden in the text. There is going to be speculation right up until lol.

Strange dude ... thanks allthough

CandleInTheDark
05-10-2018, 06:51 PM
I have to walk to work tonight as my lift fell through so no time to post a recap link, going to post the link to the For Honor subreddit and when the recap is up it will be a stickied post

Knight_Raime
05-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Link to the recap: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/8igtvx/warriors_den_recap_for_may_10th_2018_new_roadmap/

DrinkinMehStella
05-11-2018, 09:28 AM
I heard there was a third rework?

EvoX.
05-11-2018, 01:14 PM
I heard there was a third rework?

You've heard wrong, and I wouldn't really call the new PK a ''rework'', but oh well.

CandleInTheDark
05-12-2018, 07:17 PM
We have a recap

VT2420
05-14-2018, 09:05 AM
please for honor change rip tide back it was the best finisher a tactical move i would just like 2 be able 2 cancel it the extra chains and speed buff are perfect but the rip tide is my only gripe