PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick my new main (How good is Centurion now? And is Highlander viable?)

Fuqbois
05-09-2018, 06:39 AM
I'm coming back to playing FH, and i want to main a new character, my two first choices are Cent and Highlander, i always loved the Cent visual, the aesthetic matters a lot to me, his armor is very appealing, on the other side the Highlander sword is amazing.

But i also want to play a decent character in terms of gameplay, that requires a good amout of skill. and can perform well in a high skill enviroment, preferably in 1v1s, i don't want a noob stomper or a 4v4 ganker.

I hurd that Cent is now predictable, that has a strong weakness or no offensive capabilities, is that true? I don't care about the strongest heroes or "meta" picks, in fact i prefer to main lesser played characters, but i want to be able to win against good players if i master the hero.

And were Highlander buffs enough or is he still garbage?

***I know that virtually every character can be played with sucess even against great players, but i don't want to be handicaped, and i know they are pushing more balance, so in the future maybe all heroes are viable, but i don't want to suffer too much until that.

Thx!

Roseguard_Cpt
05-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Centurion is a playground bully. If they make him back like he was in Season 2 it'd break him again so he's forced to stay about mid-tier. Highlander is definitely a solid pick if you're willing to put in the time. Crushing counters from all sides are good, and the Kick-Feint-Grab is very strong at the moment

CandleInTheDark
05-09-2018, 04:20 PM
The thing is unless you're super high tier where everyone has twitch reflexes you're probably going to be able to do well with anyone if you put the time in, the advice I tend to give is pick out three or four and take them into arena against level three bots.

I kind of like the valkyrie right now. Before you say but everyone dodges the spear sweep after a shield bash, think what that means, free lunch in the form of guardbreak which leads to a heavy or a throw and guaranteed spearsweep which lands a heavy and might get them into that cycle if they panic all wtf. In 4v4 her bash and sweep potential acts a good disruptor when people are wailing on an ally.

Out of the two you were looking at, I would probably say highlander but as much as I said tier doesn't matter at most levels, he had only a 35% winrate I think it was at high tier, if anything is more likely to bleed down to lower tiers it is that but we haven't seen the win matrix since his balance pass. Others I can think of, Zerker and Kensei are both stronger picks than they were last time you would have played, gladiator is considered by a few the benchmark that devs should look for in other balancing and his skewer, while it seems predictable at first, can screw people up if it is feinted and mindgamed. It is also slightly more socially acceptable to play a shaman ;) though she had levels of salt matched only by season one peacekeeper on release so that is relative.

PDXGorechild
05-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Highlander all the way if they are your top two picks. With his rebalance he is what he always should have been - a heavy hitter. Probably unparalleled in terms of burst damage now. He takes some serious skill to play and probably isn't represented much in the highest echelons of play due to his lack of speed, but if you're just looking to have fun, Highlander all the way!

Tyrjo
05-09-2018, 05:44 PM
If Centurion has no offensive capabilities, then I don't know what he has. He can be insane in pressuring your opponent and his punished are also insane. Especially the ones that dodge pre-emptively. And no, you don't open with the Legion Kick from distance. That is 100% readable.

Fuqbois
05-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Thx a lot guys, good to know that both are viable, i'll now check them out and see which feels better for my gameplay.

Knight_Raime
05-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Centurion is viable till you start fighting in the lower end of high skill tier. Highlander is strong but is very hard to pick up.

RenegadeTX2000
05-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Centurion is a disappointment lol. His whole kit and style of play is a big lie. Other characters do exactly what his kit is supposed to do. Should just give him a shield for how much he turtles.