PDA

View Full Version : EAGLE Loading numbers

twentyfour420
06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Heres something worth discussing... I watched the HD trailer at gamestrailers.com and the numbers under "loading" begin with 00:00:01:02 and end with 00:00:01:23, I dont think its how long the trailer is, cuz the trailer is 1:40 secs long. also I wanted to talk about the Eagle or HAWK that is shown in the begining... is it like a spotter for the assassin and tells him the rite moment to attack??? also what kinda weapon does the assassin use when he kills the second soldier??? discuss it n let me know.

twentyfour420
06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Heres something worth discussing... I watched the HD trailer at gamestrailers.com and the numbers under "loading" begin with 00:00:01:02 and end with 00:00:01:23, I dont think its how long the trailer is, cuz the trailer is 1:40 secs long. also I wanted to talk about the Eagle or HAWK that is shown in the begining... is it like a spotter for the assassin and tells him the rite moment to attack??? also what kinda weapon does the assassin use when he kills the second soldier??? discuss it n let me know.

Darkfrost_674
06-05-2006, 06:21 PM
he wounds the second soldier with a knife. He does not kill him. Got no idea what the eagle was..

he got the knife from a scabbard located on his chest. he has 4 daggers 2 on each side of his chest...i think

moobz
06-05-2006, 07:21 PM
or maybe he uses the switch blade that replaces one of his fingers..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

SpyderNynja
06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
no, he pulls the guard down with the other end of his crossbow, look closely

Tlepolemus7
06-05-2006, 07:54 PM
There are various threads that talk about the possible meaning of those numbers, check 'my theory'.

The eagle is a metaphor for altair... or something. Altair means eagle, altair is like an eagle in the way he moves, in the way he strikes quickly with precision and then runs away. Altair also has 'eagle vision' or something to that effect. The eagle is basically altairs little buddy, that reminds you how cool you are.

Altair shoots the first guard with his crossbow, swings the crossbow around to drag down the second, flies into the air (like an eagle) whilst pressing the button that slides out the blade that is hidden in his sleeve (NOT his finger, check "The nature of Altairs hidden switchblade")

paddy_15
06-24-2006, 01:00 PM
what ever he uses its still cool any way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

moobz
06-24-2006, 06:00 PM
i just watched a interview video at eurogamer's website (http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=499&s=l) and something came up to my attention. Patrick Desilet (Creative Director) said something very interesting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
...the assassins really existed , we didnt invented them, and the assassins's creed for example is nothing is true and everything is permitted, thats what they believed in. they believed the world is an illusion so you could train yourself and see the illusion and use it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im just thinking that the "illusion" bit may have something to do with the flickers we can see in the video of the E3 trailer??

Fates.Dark.Hand
06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
To Be Honest i dont think the loading thing with the Numbers is anything important really, its just a loading thing, i think its to give an affect of "next-gen" for the PS3. or if it does have somthing to do with Assassins Creed i think its to make it look as "we" as veiwers not players are looking into the past at these Assassins, it gives it a more real life kinda feel, to give the feel we are watching the past, NOT a PS3 game....thats what i can come up with.

UBI did before say they wanted this game to be very realistic, so thats what i've got.

Lhorkan
06-25-2006, 01:23 AM
The stuff with the genetic memory loads up the world in the beginning, logically. It's as if we play someone playing a game.

adMitit
07-07-2006, 08:36 AM
i don't know what it is about, but i read an article in some magazine saying the behind closed doors press presentation was in a laboratory setting, and in the game, they let Alta├┬»r die on purpose, after the screen flashed and some woman said: game over.
However, someone at Ubi said the game did not have anything to do with timetraveling..
suggestions anyone?

OH_DragonBoy
07-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Oooh...the numbers!
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...

Of course, given the time period of the game, it would probably be more along the lines of:

IV, VIII, XV, XVI, XXIII, XLII

Lhorkan
07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Admitit: they said there is no real time-travelling in the game, yes, but your real character don't really time-trvael. He recreates the world of a medieval assassin (who was a family relative of him) using some Matrix-esque machinery.