PDA

View Full Version : Server hosts: perhaps *the* solution to sound cutouts?

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Yesterday, I flew on a server I'd frequented for the couple of days. Up until yesterday, I'd have to leave and reboot in every sortie or so, because invariably, the sound would quit. Sometimes, I'd come back in and the sound wouldn't even come on. I even flew a couple of sorties with no sound, not willing to leave yet again and not be sure I'd even *get* sound back if i rebooted.

But yesterday, I flew some 5 hours straight with no sound loss. Sometime during the fun, I entered into the chat buffer, "I just noticed I have been flying for hours with no sound loss. What's the secret". Somebody answered back that "voice" had been deactivated. I took that to mean FB's voice radio capabilities (which were terrible in IL-2, too).

Is this the panacea for so many people's sound problems?

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Yesterday, I flew on a server I'd frequented for the couple of days. Up until yesterday, I'd have to leave and reboot in every sortie or so, because invariably, the sound would quit. Sometimes, I'd come back in and the sound wouldn't even come on. I even flew a couple of sorties with no sound, not willing to leave yet again and not be sure I'd even *get* sound back if i rebooted.

But yesterday, I flew some 5 hours straight with no sound loss. Sometime during the fun, I entered into the chat buffer, "I just noticed I have been flying for hours with no sound loss. What's the secret". Somebody answered back that "voice" had been deactivated. I took that to mean FB's voice radio capabilities (which were terrible in IL-2, too).

Is this the panacea for so many people's sound problems?

Hunter82
08-17-2003, 08:20 PM
not all but maybe some

<center><FONT COLOR="white">[/i]</FONT>
<center><FONT COLOR="white">Hunter82 wrote:
"I did not have technical relations with that question"
[/i]</FONT>
<center> Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>