PDA

View Full Version : F**** Sh** FEATS !

Trenk2009
05-07-2018, 09:54 PM
WHEN ARE FEATS GOING TO GET BALANCED EXACTLY ?!

Kinghts leterally win every close dominion games cuz of feats.

Every dominion games are just ended with feats spam. They are to easy to access and too op.

Samourais have some interesting feats but most of them still need the player to be somewhat decent to utilize them.
Vikings have cheezy feats but not that game breaking, except for fire grenade in restrained areas. And the not cheezy ones are mostly useless buffs due to the fact that their casting time is too long to be viable; since most of the time you want to use those is 1vX situations, but that, in order to cast them you need ot be far away enough.
Knights are just plain simple opness. Deals tremendous damages and one shots everything. ****ing boring as hell.

SUGGESTIONS !

- DELETE THE CASTING TIMES OF BUFFS AND OTHER SAME TYPE OF FEATS ! This will make buffs and other casting times related feats useless. Right now they are close to useless.
- NERF HTE BOOMBS FEATS ! REDUCE THEIR DAMAGES ! UP THEIR COOLD DOWN !

We.the.North
05-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Stun grenade should not damage : it clearing minions is way too good in dominion since it allows someone at A or C to also take care of B with a relatively short cooldown.

Grenade doing more damage than Javelin is non sense too, especially since there's so little friendly fire from it.

Catapult, Spearstorm, etc should just not be in the game, period.

Feats should all be passive and players should have a very, VERY wide selection of feats to choose from so they can custom build their character to their play style.

Arekonator
05-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Just roll away, lol.

BTTrinity
05-08-2018, 12:41 AM
Just roll away, lol.

Cant tell if you're actually making these ignorant comments with serious attitude or you're just trolling , so Ill just reply like you're serious.

Feats are garbage, there are a couple HUGE issues with them...

1. The way they're obtained/rewarded is ridiculous, the winning team wins a group fight and gets rewarded with abilities to win fights even easier while the losing team gets nothing to help them? Are you serious?

2. These feats that serve no purpose but to help already winning teams snowball matches are even more BS because on top of #1, these things completely negate the concept of the game (fighting is not allowed in any end game dominion with a knight on the enemy team for very obvious reasons)

SangLong524
05-08-2018, 01:49 AM
not trolling here, i promise.Although I take no responsibility if anyone feels trolled.
I do solemnly swear that I personally think that feats are ok and in no urgent need of rework, rebuff, nerf or whatever. I perfectly ok with them as I have very little problem against them.

Arekonator
05-08-2018, 03:52 AM
Cant tell if you're actually making these ignorant comments with serious attitude or you're just trolling , so Ill just reply like you're serious.

Feats are garbage, there are a couple HUGE issues with them...

1. The way they're obtained/rewarded is ridiculous, the winning team wins a group fight and gets rewarded with abilities to win fights even easier while the losing team gets nothing to help them? Are you serious?

2. These feats that serve no purpose but to help already winning teams snowball matches are even more BS because on top of #1, these things completely negate the concept of the game (fighting is not allowed in any end game dominion with a knight on the enemy team for very obvious reasons)It was supossed to be mostly joke, but since you reacted the way you did...

So you want people to get rewarded by playing poorly, have the game handle them the crutch? Or from the other side, have players penalized for winning? Why is a problem that players get rewarded for playing well? Leading into that, why snowball should even be considered a problem?
You can see who got what feats availible, and there are ways to play around that. If you see enemy knight got catapult and still decide to cluster up and get all deleted by single hit, thats not fault of the game.
I am not denying that feats could use bit of balancing, but i am convinced its nowhere near as severe as you people make it appear.

ArmoredChocobo
05-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Just roll away, lol.

Not that easy. If it's busted out in the middle of a fight, you're guaranteed to get hit.

Most people seem to love dropping catapults right on top of their teammates, and it kills their opponent instantly while their teammate takes scratch damage from a GIANT BOULDER.

SangLong524
05-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Not that easy. If it's busted out in the middle of a fight, you're guaranteed to get hit.

Most people seem to love dropping catapults right on top of their teammates, and it kills their opponent instantly while their teammate takes scratch damage from a GIANT BOULDER.

it's a leap of faith, of a sort. besides, it may not be fatal for teammate under certain circumstances. It proves how much you are either selfishly self-serving or dedicated to killing the others and willing to sacrifice for final victory. Just as they say: "take one for the team". I'll do it in a heartbeat if it takes out a particular nasty foe that likely would kill me if he keeping at it.
I love the guys who grab his opponents for incoming boulder/arrows/bombs.

SpaceJim12
05-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Ah, that sweet times when you crushing 3 enemies, and they couldn't do thing, but than Centurion throw Pugio and than all 3 jumps on you with wild in their eyes. And you stand there and think "Could you be, guys, more pathetic?"

PDXGorechild
05-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Yeah i'm getting sick of this as well, can't believe it's been so long sorting this out.

Came up with these suggestions a while back to tackle snowballing and insta-kill feats:

* The feats are exactly the same in terms of numbers, in aid of balance. Each faction just has different animations to give flavour. For example, a level 3 feat projectile for the vikings is an axe and does the same damage and takes the same time to cast as a level 3 bow used by a Samurai.

* Everyone starts with their feats unlocked from the start of each game, some active feats with longer cooldowns maybe.

* Fire flask, Spear storm, Arrow storm, Catapult and Nail bomb all removed.

* Feats provide one of the following;
1. A passive bonus to your own character
2. An active bonus to your nearby team mates (Banners)
3. An active bonus to your own character (Fury, Second wind etc)
4. An area effect stun attack, no damage.
5. An area effect small damage attack.
6. A moderate damage single target ranged attack
7. Traps

Debating whether all feats for each faction should be accessible by all the factions classes, though that would reduce the identity of certain classes a bit. Always wanted Warlords passive feats on my Berserker, I often forget to pop my active feats >.<

Devils-_-legacy
05-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Arekonator your right you should be awarded a feat for playing well but not an instant win button like catapult and others it takes away the core concept of the game to fight. i would rather more passive Feats like damage resistance ect.
the amount of a issue differs from game to game as some pre made are built around maximising free damage from Feats and other sources

BTTrinity
05-08-2018, 04:19 PM
It was supossed to be mostly joke, but since you reacted the way you did...

So you want people to get rewarded by playing poorly, have the game handle them the crutch? Or from the other side, have players penalized for winning? Why is a problem that players get rewarded for playing well? Leading into that, why snowball should even be considered a problem?
You can see who got what feats availible, and there are ways to play around that. If you see enemy knight got catapult and still decide to cluster up and get all deleted by single hit, thats not fault of the game.
I am not denying that feats could use bit of balancing, but i am convinced its nowhere near as severe as you people make it appear.

No, I want the game to remain balanced and not give ONLY THE WINNING TEAM abilities to WIN FIGHTS EVEN EASIER, especially when those abilities are just blatantly better versions of the other factions counterparts. Also, why does the winning need those abilities more than the losing team, if they're already winning?

I speak for myself, and my group of friends who play/quit playing for honor (Let me tell you, about 4/9 quit because they were tired of insta-win feats) but from ALL OF OUR EXPERIENCES, 4v4's 9x out of 10 are 1 sided stomps with no retaliation from the losing team and its VERY OFTEN that the game matches top tier players with noobs and leads to said experiences.

So "Why is the games inbalances and low player base resulting in AT LEAST 40% of dominion matches being over within 2 minutes because 1 sided shxt stomps considered a problem" Geez, I dont know... /s (Games are supposed to be about fun, and no matter who you are, its not fun to be snowballed like that, at all)

I AM convinced feats are in immediate need of changes due to this, in a fighting game where you're occupied fighting 90% of the time, having instant kill feats that just deny any kind of fighting isnt okay at all.

If knights and vikings get an AoE insta-kill feat like Catapult/Fireflask and its not gonna get changed....

Samurai's T4 should be a musket with 4 shots on the same cooldown as LB's bomb's that deals 125 damage that locks on twice as far as long bow does. But its BALANCED ( About as balanced as catapult :P ) because it only kills 1 person.

UbiInsulin
05-08-2018, 10:15 PM
SUGGESTIONS !

- DELETE THE CASTING TIMES OF BUFFS AND OTHER SAME TYPE OF FEATS ! This will make buffs and other casting times related feats useless. Right now they are close to useless.
- NERF HTE BOOMBS FEATS ! REDUCE THEIR DAMAGES ! UP THEIR COOLD DOWN !

Thanks for writing up your thoughts. I can tell the current state of things is a bit frustrating for you. We'll continue to let the team know that feats that deal direct damage are considered an issue by some in the community!

We.the.North
05-09-2018, 01:26 AM
Thanks for writing up your thoughts. I can tell the current state of things is a bit frustrating for you. We'll continue to let the team know that feats that deal direct damage are considered an issue by some in the community!

Dear UbiInsulin,

Community as a whole demands feats to be balanced. The last time Ubisoft balanced some of the feats is months ago. While everyone has a different opinion on how hard feats should be changed, all agree something is long overdue.

Please balance the feats and make Dominion, your most played mode by far, more enjoyable for the 5% of players still sticking with the game since launch. You owe them.

E1seNw0Lf
05-09-2018, 09:05 AM
It is not only about balancing feats.
I think the whole system has to be reworked - it feels too static; not many options to change/adjust it to your personal prefered play style .
(same for gear stats; I feel gear stats and feats have to be reviewed at the same time; both should be connected - see example (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1875139-Can-Samurai-get-a-T4-feat-that-s-actually-usable?p=13467646&viewfull=1#post13467646))

Just as an example:
1. Put all feats into one pool
1.1 ... probably seperated by faction and character class type (heavy, assassin, ...)
1.2 ... probably be organized in categories / feat types (like defensive, offensive, passiv, ...)
2. Let the player choose 4 feats from that pool and let him assign them (freely) to a tier level
2.1 regarding the tier level, the player put the feat in, it modifies one or more of its values
2.2 for balance issues: specific feats can be locked for certain tiers and/or characters, feat X could exclude feat Y, or max. 1 offensive feat allowed, and/or no duplicates by feat type allowed (means, all 4 must have a different feat type), etc.

some feats for showcase:
* feat "Rock Steady": cooldown time reduce with higher tier
(T1: 3s; T2: 2.5s; T3: 2.0s; T4: 1.5s)
* feat "Bounty Hunter": health and stamina on kill
(T1: 10 heath, 25% stam; T2: 25 heath, 50% stam; T3: 30 heath, 75% stam; T4: 35 heath, 100% stam)
* feat "Fast Recovery": Stamina regenerates faster with higher tier
(T1: +1.2/s; T2: +1.8/s; T3: +2.5/s; T4: +3.0/s)
* feat "Nail Bomb": damage increase, radius decrease with higher tier
(T1: 20+2t5 dmg, 8m; T2: 25+3t5 dmg, 5m; T3: 30+4t5 dmg, 3m; T4: 35+5t5 dmg, 2m)
* feat "Catapult": like "Nail Bomb" (damage increase, radius decrease with higher tier)
* feat "Unblockable": attacks are unblockable, lasts longer (on locked-on target) with higher tier
(T1: 5 hits; T2: 10 hits; T3: 15 hits; T4: 20 hits)

Pls leave a thumbs up if you like it - thx. :D

PS: Feat values can be fine tuned by time (also keep 2.2 in mind).
PS: This allows to add new feats any time later too. ;)

HazelrahFirefly
05-09-2018, 02:59 PM
The best thing that can be done is something that someone else suggested a few weeks ago: active feats turn off during Breaking. You actually gotta kill the enemy off, not throw a fist full of grenades at them.

I swear this one little change would help immensely. Yeah, feats could be better and more numerous, like stated above this post. However, if they never kill you for the loss of the game again then would anyone bother complaining as much as we do now? I know that I would likely never care again and would just die and respawn lol.

E1seNw0Lf
05-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Hm, turning off active feats means to disable also feats that aren't that of a problem, even those team based feats who can help you to survive a breaking (e.g. heal and defense [AoE or Single target] feats or stuff like kunai, bow etc.).
I do not like that at all. :(

HazelrahFirefly
05-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Hm, turning off active feats means to disable also feats that aren't that of a problem, even those team based feats who can help you to survive a breaking (e.g. heal and defense [AoE or Single target] feats or stuff like kunai, bow etc.).
I do not like that at all. :(

I dont see why. Please explain.

Also, I forgot to mention that this only applies to the non-breaking team. Ex: If the Attackers reach 1000 points then their active feats are off, but the Defenders get to keep theirs. Then if the Defenders also reach 1000 nobody has active feats.

Hell, even just limiting direct damage feats would go a long way.

CheekyKemosabe
05-10-2018, 12:32 PM
I've had my fair share of deaths by catapult, spear storm, arrow storm, bombs, ax throws, etc.
I've also gotten, by now, probably hundreds of kills with the same feats.

Over the last year we've seen a lot of changes to the game but the least amount of change have been in feats. I'm in favor of -some- changes, but definitely not the complete removal of them in the For Honor's most popular game mode. The core concept of the game is combat through and through but feats are a stable in this game. It gives players fighting the uphill battle the edge they need to pull off a win if they play their cards right. It also keeps players at the sharp end of the stick mindful.

With feats such as the catapult and the spear storm, perhaps we can nerf the animation time? (no hard numbers here, only examples, i don't know the official animation times)
if it takes someone 300 ms to react to something on average, and the animation is 500 ms, then why not increase that animation time by 200 ms, giving players more time to react and demanding the wielders of that feat to be more precise with their uses.

I haven't seen arrow storm used since, if i had to guess, probably early season 2. Because it's slow, easy to dodge, will only injure a hero at full health if they roll out of the way before being hit again. Why not increase the area of effect? or increase the speed of the animation but increase the time it takes to activate it?

with feats like the ax throw and bow, maybe a charge up animation could be added? the longer you charge it the more damage it does (to a certain degree, don't want someone holding it for a full minute and having it completely one shot for 300 damage) If a players used this feat instantly it might hit but only for a fraction of the damage. likewise a player can charge it up for more damage but allow the target time to dodge if they manage to spot it.

as far as passive feats i'm at a loss as to how these can be reworked. Maybe make them higher tier feats and make them harder to earn? for example, the shinobi feats for gaining stamina and health for successful attacks (or blocks, can't remember which) can be earned early on in a game and make the shinobi a serious threat once they're both unlocked. Why not take feats like these and make the unlock threshold higher?

I do agree that it can be annoying to deal with feats at all, and it's hard to not run into them as they're in most game modes available. Why don't we make a playlist where we can still have the larger scale battles like dominion but without any feats? Is it possible, ubisoft, that ya'll could make a playlist with our favorite game modes and completely remove feats from it? kind of like the realistic or ranked dominion. that way there's a game we can play that focuses purely on skill and teamwork without the hassle of worrying about when your opponent is going to launch that catapult or spear storm and potentially wipe the whole team.

These are my suggestions but i'd be happy to hear what others would change if at all. or if you disagree, why?

Lord_Cherubi
05-10-2018, 01:10 PM
One solution could be to add new, better passive feats.

I myself like to pick strong passive feats over a few cheesy kills with the catapult, but some characters just dont have any better options available.

I like to think that feats like the catapult are just a part of the game, bringing more flavour to the game. Sure it can be frustrating to get caught on a GB and just stand there waiting for the catapult to rip you in pieces, but if you know theres nothing you could do at that point then why would you be mad?

On the other hand, if the opposing team is winning by a landslide you should always be aware of the feats and not just go balls deep and get clustered for a 4 kill catapult hit.

PDXGorechild
05-10-2018, 01:46 PM
These are my suggestions but i'd be happy to hear what others would change if at all. or if you disagree, why?

I gotta disagree. The three problems that I perceive with feats as they are as follows:

1. Feats like the instant kill, area of effect ones are often solely used at the end of games. This means, even if one team has been outplaying the other in terms of skill for most of the match, the other team can get a lucky capture or two and make their opponents break. If some or all of the opponents are in a tight spot at that time, a single catapult strike ends the game. This kind of occurrence has no place in a skill based fighting game imo. It’s comparable to two people having an epic swordfight, and then one pulls out a gun at the last minute and blows the other ones head off.

2. The winning team unlock them quicker. If it’s a “Deathball” situation on a small map, one team can quickly have all their feats unlocked whilst the other team have none. This serves to increase the uphill struggle for the losing team. An early foothold on a dominion game like this with all feats unlocked often results in a quick loss for the other team.

3. They’re imbalanced and always have been. Knights feats are widely considered the best, Vikings in the middle and Samurai’s are trash.

Personally I never use instant kill feats out of principle. It's lame. I hate being killed by them and I don't get any pleasure out of killing others with them either.

I can only see that a massive damage nerf or removal of at least the level 4 instant kill feats is the way forward. I think "Feats" should be renamed to "Perks" and be just that, small-ish passive bonuses and a few situational active feats. Giving you a slight advantage in areas but leaving the game still very much down to individual skill and performance, not how quickly you can press right twice on the D-pad.

SpaceJim12
05-10-2018, 05:18 PM
I gotta disagree. The three problems that I perceive with feats as they are as follows:

1. Feats like the instant kill, area of effect ones are often solely used at the end of games. This means, even if one team has been outplaying the other in terms of skill for most of the match, the other team can get a lucky capture or two and make their opponents break. If some or all of the opponents are in a tight spot at that time, a single catapult strike ends the game. This kind of occurrence has no place in a skill based fighting game imo. It’s comparable to two people having an epic swordfight, and then one pulls out a gun at the last minute and blows the other ones head off.

2. The winning team unlock them quicker. If it’s a “Deathball” situation on a small map, one team can quickly have all their feats unlocked whilst the other team have none. This serves to increase the uphill struggle for the losing team. An early foothold on a dominion game like this with all feats unlocked often results in a quick loss for the other team.

3. They’re imbalanced and always have been. Knights feats are widely considered the best, Vikings in the middle and Samurai’s are trash.

Personally I never use instant kill feats out of principle. It's lame. I hate being killed by them and I don't get any pleasure out of killing others with them either.

I could see a lot of "but" here.

1. While I agree on first part of your term, I disagree about one catapult to a whole team. I see a lot of times when enemy team start insanly gunk in the moment while my team broken. So I let fast character to capture zone or two, and myself went to the zone where "skilled" players gunking my one teammate with full team and just land single catapult in the moment when they became broken. So it's good leasson for gunkers.

2. Sometimes I see how loosing team have all the feats while me and my teammates had nothing at all. It's all cause of broken point gain system, when enemy team could gave up on zones and just use one good feeder to gain points. Just use feeder and mid to become real treat and than go to fight someone with skill. This strategy works more often than it should.

3. HL have most useable 4th feat, so. And Samurais got bleed trap that is effective as well.

It's a lot of good suggestion to feats that could change situation. I personaly offer to limited them, like one active 4th feat per round. Good suggestion to turn of feats for team, who break enemies.
I hope just devs do at least something about it in season 6.