PDA

View Full Version : Why do people have trouble with Shugoki?

Crosstails20
05-07-2018, 03:20 PM
So after taking a break from this game for a little while I came back and played one of my mains, Shugoki only to be told that a lot of people have trouble playing against him. I know him well and I don't have a lot of trouble against him, so can someone tell me why a whole bunch of people can't play against him?

Kryltic
05-07-2018, 03:29 PM
I think only new players would have issues playing against a Shugoki since they may not understand his Uninterruptable Stance and how to play around it.

Roseguard_Cpt
05-07-2018, 04:03 PM
He's a pain for Veteran players as well. Assuming the Shugoki is good at turtling it can be a nightmare to open them up. Try to attack, get parried, light into headbutt, go for GB, he throws a light, does a headbutt, or alternatively he tanks the hit, GB, throw into wall, Hug. I've only come across a few of these rare Shugokis in the wild, but they do exist, and they're a pain to try and beat. Most just try to light and GB spam, those ones aren't hard to beat as they are easy to parry.

Knight_Raime
05-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Because goki is one of the better heros if you play entirely passive/turtle.
His passive armor enables that style of play so hard. And any attack he lands in most cases can be followed up with an undodgable headbutt that eats 80% of your stamina.
Plus his constant threat of a one shot with demons embrace when he's critical is oppressive. (at least for me)

Goki isn't a good kit. he's rather weak. but he's good at the style of not playing the game. and his armor gives him so much of an edge over a lot of things.

Helnekromancer
05-07-2018, 06:44 PM
I think it's mostly because Shugoki's playstyle could be described as Glacial at best.

You can't easily rush him down with his super armor and eating a light into a headbutt stops all your momentum in it's tracks and you have to wait for your stamina to come back and try again. If you don't wait for your stamina and are impatient he headbutts you again and now your oomed. One mistake and he throws you into a wall grabs you, regains a chunk of health back and now the Shugoki almost has full health again and now you have to start all the way from square one. You are forced to play at his slow *** pace!!!!!

In 1v1 fighting him is very boring, stressful, and sluggish. Feels like I'm treading water. I understand that every character can't play the same but if baffles me that these Huge Men (Shugoki, Lawbringer) play so defensive and cowardly.

Huge Health bar + Super Turtle playstyle = slow easy wins

Might be a bit bias because I'm a Valk/Nobu main but fighting these giant, passive aggressive meat walls is not fun even when i win. because fighting a super turtle Shugoki for 3-5 rounds is such a pain in the ***.

TSCDescon
05-07-2018, 06:56 PM
I donít know why either. I find Shugoki really easy to fight against. Probably because I main him for a long time and know everything about him. Rep 32.

RenegadeTX2000
05-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Both Shugoki and Lawbringer should have better versions of their unblockables in neutral. it's extremely lame how people can just back walk out of danger WHILE out of stamina. It's so dumb lol. They need to do something about it. I'm telling you, if Lawbringer/Shugoki had better unblockables compared to Shaman, when you aren't sure if they would follow through or not, they'd be so much better.

RenegadeTX2000
05-07-2018, 08:43 PM
and for the record, I have 0 levels on either, I just fully believe fighting games are better when the bigger characters are a true threat to the meta.