PDA

View Full Version : Great Naval Combat!

Liightbriinger
05-07-2018, 10:39 AM
guys they're putting a lot of attention into sea warfare. I guess we can expect many different ship types and better RTS on the waters. There hasn't been a wargame focusing that much on sea wars in such level. I'm a fan of land military but seriously, better to put all attetion into one war platform. imagine how an epic RTS battle on waters would look like! backed up by classic anno economy. SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT ANNO!

Ubi-O5
05-07-2018, 01:40 PM
We're going to talk a lot more about naval combat in a future Anno Union post, so you can stay tuned for that! We already confirmed that wind direction will play a role in how fast ships move.

Anything in particular you'd like to see regarding Naval Combat?

Liightbriinger
05-07-2018, 06:39 PM
Yea I read that with the wind having roles to play on the whole sea.. it's fantastic and absolutely needed! I've read Annos devblog about their vision of naval combat and it just sounds great.

What I wanna see regarding Naval Combat: KILLS EXP!

1 ship 1 kill = 3% more stats for that ship. The one who'd encounter pirates most for example would then have gathered experience and strength to its encounter rate, giving him the advantage he deserves. 3 ships kiling 1 ship = +stats for all 3 but split. Really that would just be great.

maybe a ship even changing in looks at 10 kills? like combining customizations with that level system.

Also important:
Maybe also having different types of Arsenal or Weapons on ships which could be researched and customized on land.

My own flags on the ships! Individual customization would be great so people differ from each other more than just in colors. Visually I would also like to see ships breaking and sinking deep before vanishing, maybe causing some water waves when exploding and breaking, shortly influecing nearby ships. I really wish to see great details and great combat experiences. Bigger ships sinking slower, causing stronger waves or Hindrance to ships nearby. Which would also look great. Yea stuff like that.

Come on hear me Chiefs, I want that KILL EXP :)!!!

ANN0nymity
05-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Well I must admit that it sounds good, and that a very good system of naval warfare would indeed be sufficient. :)
There is just one thing i would definetly want to see changed Like there could be a blockade in Anno 1404 with only trade ships just sitting in the harbor waiting to be sunk. and that the ships don't go through each other, this would make a blockade far more usefull and tactical. With this there could be a way to ram the opponent but that is probably not really 1800. (But hey, maybe for a next anno around 90 B.C. ;) )

aban298
10-14-2018, 01:28 AM
Yea I read that with the wind having roles to play on the whole sea.. it's fantastic and absolutely needed! I've read Annos devblog about their vision of naval combat and it just sounds great.

What I wanna see regarding Naval Combat: KILLS EXP!

1 ship 1 kill = 3% more stats for that ship. The one who'd encounter pirates most for example would then have gathered experience and strength to its encounter rate, giving him the advantage he deserves. 3 ships kiling 1 ship = +stats for all 3 but split. Really that would just be great.

maybe a ship even changing in looks at 10 kills? like combining customizations with that level system.

Also important:
Maybe also having different types of Arsenal or Weapons on ships which could be researched and customized on land.

My own flags on the ships! Individual customization would be great so people differ from each other more than just in colors. Visually I would also like to see ships breaking and sinking deep before vanishing, maybe causing some water waves when exploding and breaking, shortly influecing nearby ships. I really wish to see great details and great combat experiences. Bigger ships sinking slower, causing stronger waves or Hindrance to ships nearby. Which would also look great. Yea stuff like that.

Come on hear me Chiefs, I want that KILL EXP :)!!!

I completely agree and support the suggestions of Liightbriinger, and add this;
If 1800 will have naval only combat, that’s fine, but there needs to be a way to attack enemy cities/buildings inland, so that every part of the map is somehow accessible to your military (navy). Perhaps consider adding an air combat component, or perhaps equip one or many ships with long range weapons that can access all parts of an island.

ANN0nymity
10-14-2018, 11:54 AM
What I always found a shame were the shipyards. You would build a ship and after that the shipyards work is done, you don't need it anymore and the only thing it is doing is te maintenance cost. It was better to build it, make a ship and delete the shipyard again. Well my idea is that the shipyard could be used te refit your ships that already exists with the special items or customisation.

for example: In Anno 1404 you could add the reinforced hull in your ship and immediatly take it out on sea to add better sails. This could be used too much in your advantage and was strange when you think about it.

With the refit idea you can make some ships more versatile or specify on one point and change the looks of it in the shipyard so you would need to plan a bit ahead. So other players also could see what is added to your ship. So when you add reinforced hull to your ship you could see more metal on the hull or something like that. the refit would take some time to refit but the result will be worth it, practical aswell as visually. :)