PDA

View Full Version : Plan on a fix

THE_MAD_KlNG
05-06-2018, 01:45 AM
So I have noticed that there are alot of people who are making there hero use other heros movesets. One person I found on xbox doing this Callumthebandit.

I hope you ban him because he told me he also did the warden one shot when it came out so clearly he's a toxic player

Devils-_-legacy
05-06-2018, 02:08 AM
They have put our a maintenance it might be to do with it

Devils-_-legacy
05-06-2018, 02:15 AM
Copied from reddit
Maintenance incoming to stop the “character swap glitch”
u/MrEricPope
Hi everyone,

We are aware of the "character swap glitch" that some users are currently employing.

We understand that it brings some enjoyable goofy situations but it is also negatively affecting other players’ experience in PvP and we do not know yet how it can be damaging to your account data (ex: Heroes customization).

As such, we have decided that, until we can fix this issue, we are removing the Legacy Bundles from the Store to stop players from spreading it.

We realize that, by disabling the access to the Bundles, some players who already succeeded at reproducing the glitch might not be able to reset their character to their normal state. While we are investigating this possible problem, do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support if you are unable to bring your character to its normal state due to this issue.

We understand this situation but we think it is more important to stop this issue and effects from spreading furthermore.

Even if it should not be possible anymore, we encourage you to not try to reproduce this glitch.

We will keep you posted as soon as we have more news on the subject.

Thank you for your understanding.

Maintenance begins at 9:20 PM EDT and is expected to last up to 20 minutes

ChampionRuby50g
05-06-2018, 04:01 AM
This is the first I’ve heard about this issue. Why wasn’t it posted on Ubisoft’s official forum that there is a game-breaking glitch and you’ve taken steps to prevent it from occurring? Seems like pretty big news to me, especially when it concerns bundled players might want to innocently buy too.

ArchDukeInstinct
05-06-2018, 04:41 AM
I was considering becoming the first Conqeeper main, just imagine the look on their faces when I bamboozle them with a shield crush and proceed to get 0 damage done.

Vakris_One
05-06-2018, 07:20 PM
This has been happening on PC? man, damn. PC issues never end...
It is the nature of the beast, PC being more than just a hard locked platform for running video game software. Don't blame the machine, blame the people who misuse it for nefarious means.

As I saw this thread, it made me curious and went to check some vids on youtube. One thing I don't get: they swap the hero model, or they swap everything on a hero but retain the model? either way, this is very ugly.
As far as I gather they can swap the skin of one hero for another hero while retaining all the moves of the original model. So basically you'll see the opponent as a Shugoki complete with his club weapon and all but his moveset will be that of a Beserker for example, meaning he'll be hitting you with invisible axes and contorting through the Shugoki's model something ugly. A nasty surprise for sure especially when you don't expect it.

Vakris_One
05-06-2018, 10:41 PM
It is the nature of the beast, PC being more than just a hard locked platform for running video game software. Don't blame the machine, blame the people who misuse it for nefarious means.

As far as I gather they can swap the skin of one hero for another hero while retaining all the moves of the original model. So basically you'll see the opponent as a Shugoki complete with his club weapon and all but his moveset will be that of a Beserker for example, meaning he'll be hitting you with invisible axes and contorting through the Shugoki's model something ugly. A nasty surprise for sure especially when you don't expect it.
I just met a guy that has done the skin switch while playing today. He had his Centurion disguised as a Highlander and then switched to a Highlander disguised as a Warden in the next match.

I can confirm that the stance, voice and the weapon of the original character remain the same and only the skin changes. For example the fake Highlander had the Centurion's voice, weapon and stance as well as his moves and the same for the fake Warden who had the Highlander's voice, stance, weapon and moves. Funnily enough the fake Warden looked quite natural with a giant Claymore.