PDA

View Full Version : Server Changes?

AICTOOL
05-05-2018, 05:50 AM
Xbox. Usually Dominion

Hello Ubisoft and players,
Just wondering if anyone noticed a change with the servers over the past week to week and a half. When they first came out I would usually have to wait a little, rarely getting my region or similar skill, when I did get put into my local region I'd have a 13 to 20 ping and almost everyone else having a 30-80 ping, with a couple people occasionally being the same ping as me . When I got put into other regions servers it would be 30 to 60 average.

The games had some latency issues but were ok, no disconnects, but over the past week and a half or so it's gotten a lot worse the lot more lag going on.

The past couple days especially it's changed a lot. I don't know if they moved servers to be with the AI games(I really hope they didn't take servers away from multiplayer to do that), or they actually created new ones, or changed something in matchmaking, but it's completely different.

Almost every game I started up today I found a game instantly, but it didn't look for regions or anything, so supposedly I'm in my own region, with strict skill and matchmaking, seems unlikely since this never happens. Every single game I'm in has 30-60 ping, most people 50-80, only one have I been in the teens. So it seems unlikely that I'm actually in my own region, just wondering if something changed that I didn't read about.

I thought maybe with the free weekend more new people are playing but no one I've played with has been brand new.

So now that this book is finished😋, just wanted to explain exactly what I was experiencing, just wondering if there is some error somewhere not displaying stuff properly, or if it's something else.

Tundra 793
05-05-2018, 05:55 AM
I thought maybe with the free weekend more new people are playing but no one I've played with has been brand new.

I'm out of the loop these days, but the Free Weekend alone might induce a couple of hiccups, server wise. The Ubi folk did say they're anticipating the biggest free weekend yet. Even if you don't meet new players, the toll on the severs can still be felt.

If that doesn't explain it, you can always check out the most recent patch notes to see if anything specific was changed.

AICTOOL
05-05-2018, 06:22 AM
I'm out of the loop these days, but the Free Weekend alone might induce a couple of hiccups, server wise. The Ubi folk did say they're anticipating the biggest free weekend yet. Even if you don't meet new players, the toll on the severs can still be felt.

If that doesn't explain it, you can always check out the most recent patch notes to see if anything specific was changed.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought it might have something to do with the free weekend, I just thought it was weird that I was noticing issues about a week and a half ago.