PDA

View Full Version : What We Want to See from the Racing Element of the Game

DMJ654
05-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Back when I played BGE Classic on my Gamecube, I remember so fondly racing being such a big part of the game (hell It was the only way you can get into the Slaughterhouse) that I spent hours going back and replaying the racing even after beating the game. So what I hope for going into BGE2 is that this element get more fleshed out and I kinda want to see what the community has to say about this.

Personally, I thought the best part of the racing element was the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlrIRahS81A I mean nothing made me more pumped to race, the only problem was this was the only song in the game for racing. I want to see more tracks to complement my racing.

Another thing I really want is the ability to separate my "Every Day Driver" and my Racing ship when it comes to the smaller ship classes complete with different loadouts. Because Who doesn't want to have a supercharged Tuk Tuk that can destroy the competition in a drag race while also still having something you can go back to with a bit more firepower.

I want to also be able to race with others ONLINE. Like, I know it is a given, but I REALLY want to make sure this is in there. What is the point of having said Tuk Tuk and not be able to smoke your friends with it?

I want there to be enough variety in the part options that no two ships are alike (or at least not have the pack is running the same loadout as me) I want to be able to be unique enough where not only skill is involved in the racing, but also some sort of build works. Like I want some parts to have benefits and detriments. I want to sit there for hours and debate with myself on the type of speedster I want. Do I want to be heavy, or go light? Full Speed or Acceleration? Focus on weapons to win me out or defend from everyone else around me? I want this.

What else can you guys think of you all want in the racing portion of this game?

K1ngthepug
05-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Yea man we got some small snippets of footage in the live stream and it seemed to show 3 or4 different kind of ships.

And they said they were saving stuff for E3.
But yea I totally agree with you. Decking out all of my vehicles to look unique is cool.

Itís another way to shoehorn in some microtransactions too. Keep the machine turning.

Heysam
06-13-2018, 10:33 PM
Nice, I've looked up how the races were in BGE on YouTube and they reminded me of Star Wars Racer Revenge. I really hope that they will implement this in BGE 2, having several kinds of races where you can bet money.
Having several levels to it would be cool too. Like how in the beginning you have to work up from deliveryboy or something to a piratecaptain, you can unlock new kinds of races. From small vehicles races, like that scooter Shani was riding, to small spacecrafts and so on.