PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid-hybrids?

ExitPace
05-03-2018, 08:10 PM
The character creation footage showed off today got me wondering: are hybrids in BGE2 limited to human-animal, or can there be hybrids of these hybrids.

For example, in the world of BGE2, can a shark-human settle down with a rhino-human and have a shark-rhino-human child? When I create a character in BGE2 can I make it a humanoid with 50% shark features and 50% monkey features?

Legion-495
05-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Well I highly doubt it because the people in bge2 who obviously want human aspects in animals.
And animals and humans today are incompatible. Same with different animals except same species.
I do not see any change here. And it would get hilarious.

KIERROK
05-04-2018, 03:22 AM
If it were a human breeding with a hybrid to produce a child, then it's possible but I feel like this would be the results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYx2bUcPp0

However, from a biological standpoint, two separate hybrid species; lets say a dog and a shark, now while it would look cool, like the aliens known as Sergals created by Japanese artist Mick Ono. (please keep furry debates to a minimum of zero, less argument)
https://orig00.deviantart.net/95c6/f/2012/357/6/e/sergal_balder_by_shayaroseis-d5ovuu4.jpg
Their DNA would be so different, that there would be no child. Human + hybrid relationship has a better chance of producing (alive or dead) offspring, because hybrids (depending on species) have 30-80% human DNA. Now, I'm not going to lie. If we could mix features, or choose an option to be tank bred vs natural born hybrid, I'd definitely make a Sergal. Or something close. But chances are slim *shrugs* BUT it's too early to say with guarantee.

ElPrimordial
05-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Well, from a practical point, that is creating an engine that could allow us to make those mixed probably its gonna take a lot of time to develop, and let's not talk about bugs.
From a futuristic perspective, maybe hybrid generation isn't so advance to create these kind of hybrids or the probability of fail mutations/unstable nature are too high, therefore these kind of hybrids could be not useful/carry to many problems to produce.

Kamitto
05-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Their DNA would be so different, that there would be no child. Human + hybrid relationship has a better chance of producing (alive or dead) offspring, because hybrids (depending on species) have 30-80% human DNA.

There's really no reason to assume it would be easier to hybridize a human with another animal, than two non-human animals, especially if those two are more closely related than either is to a human. And with regards to a 3-way combo, the third animal might have genes that reconcile some fatal genetic problem of combining the first two. So, really the issue is with what ElP says:

Well, from a practical point, that is creating an engine that could allow us to make those mixed probably its gonna take a lot of time to develop, and let's not talk about bugs.

From a game design perspective, just adding the option for a third animal in the hybridization would exponentially increase the possible combinations, which increases development time, and the potential bugs. Now, on the other hand, they could introduce these 3-way hybrids as a story element, featuring some monstrous chimera gone wrong.

But I think it would have to be a limitation in the character builder. Which is still being discussed here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1813502-What-options-do-you-want-in-BGE2-s-character-builder?p=13486344&viewfull=1#post13486344), by the way. :)

KIERROK
05-13-2018, 01:46 AM
There's really no reason to assume it would be easier to hybridize a human with another animal, than two non-human animals, especially if those two are more closely related than either is to a human. And with regards to a 3-way combo, the third animal might have genes that reconcile some fatal genetic problem of combining the first two. So, really the issue is with what ElP says:

Ok, but ELP also said what I said in different words

From a futuristic perspective, maybe hybrid generation isn't so advance to create these kind of hybrids or the probability of fail mutations/unstable nature are too high, therefore these kind of hybrids could be not useful/carry to many problems to produce.

Kamitto
05-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Sure. And my point was that none of that matters.

The limitation on 3-way hybrids is a game design problem, not the concept itself.