PDA

View Full Version : Should I give up on my Warden?

dalymiddleboro
05-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Hey guys, apparently they're not getting reworked. Want to start a 4v4 team with my friends, but I'm hearing Warden isn't good.

My Warden is almost presitge 3, should I start a new character to grind before it's too late? I have the season pass.

If it helps haven't played in a year. Just want the warden to be able to hold it's own.

Thanks for all the help. Also any tips for a beginner who hasn't played in a year?

Also is the game as active? What's better / worse than a year ago? Is this game worth investing time into? Or will it die soon, and thus a waste?

Thanks guys!

dalymiddleboro
05-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Also if it helps, would like to stick to Knights.

How is the gladiator or Centurion?

Kryltic
05-03-2018, 07:05 PM
He's not getting reworked but he may still get a rebalance, don't give up on him just yet.

dalymiddleboro
05-03-2018, 07:07 PM
He's not getting reworked but he may still get a rebalance, don't give up on him just yet.

Is he that bad ? Not good in teams?

I love his design.

Kryltic
05-03-2018, 07:13 PM
He's fine as a character, he can work rather well. He's not an auto-win character so you do need to learn to use him to do well.

His weakness is the fact he's a jack of all trades and a master of none.

VolatileKnight
05-03-2018, 07:45 PM
They are seriously not reworking Warden at all? Guess they aren't bringing old heroes in line with the new ones.

Knight_Raime
05-03-2018, 08:43 PM
They didn't state warden wasn't being reworked. They just didn't mention him as a season 6 rework. The devs have confirmed they're working on other reworks in the den. So warden may still be reworked. Just not with season 6.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
05-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Hes not weak by any means any you would do fine putting your efforts in the Warden. If youre on X1 feel free to add me.

GT is the same as my user name here.

EvoX.
05-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Warden is more of a fashion doll nowadays more than a viable character. He'll get some changes, but nobody knows whether it will be a rework or just a few tweaks.

Centurion is very bad for competitive play, great for low-average skill level play. Even despite that, he's very fun to play.

Gladiator is amazing all around, so if you want a viable hero with a pretty good kit and a high skill ceiling - go with him.

SpaceJim12
05-04-2018, 12:41 AM
My Warden is almost presitge 3, should I start a new character to grind before it's too late? I have the season pass.

I got 15 rep Warden and he still can kick asses, believe me.
Sure if you want some easy gameplay look at Shaman or Highlander. Kensei as vanguard have a lot to offer. But I still play on Warden and he is best real medieval hero in this game for sure.
Btw, Lawbringer are cool guy with some cool stuff to offer. You need some...solid minds to play on him, but if you like keep pressure, despise this stupid mind games and want stand in 1vX fight with "nah" face, try this guy.
Well I play a lot of char from te roster and when I get my LB rep 8, I want to try Shinobi.

SpaceJim12
05-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Warden is more of a fashion doll nowadays more than a viable character.

I believe it's depend on how you play on him.=)

Ianoneshot
05-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Hey guys, apparently they're not getting reworked. Want to start a 4v4 team with my friends, but I'm hearing Warden isn't good.

If it helps haven't played in a year. Just want the warden to be able to hold it's own.

Thanks for all the help. Also any tips for a beginner who hasn't played in a year?

Also is the game as active? What's better / worse than a year ago? Is this game worth investing time into? Or will it die soon, and thus a waste?

Thanks guys!

He is getting reworked as we speak, they said.

ArchDukeInstinct
05-04-2018, 03:01 AM

Thanks guys!

You should switch to Conqueror. He's the real deal.

RoosterIlluzion
05-04-2018, 03:09 AM

Gladiator is awesome. I have a Rep 42 warden and I'll tell you, he was fun for the first 20 levels, but then became somewhat of a chore to play. He's slow, has no really great moves, and is pretty much only used when I need to complete a vanguard order.

Playing_Mantis
05-04-2018, 03:37 AM
if u want to be broken op don't listen to the cents in here who say he's bad. he is insane with his punish. very strong hero much stronger than the warden. but in my opinion don't play the cent.. we don't need more cancer cents in the world...

Playing_Mantis
05-04-2018, 03:40 AM
also, where is the proof he's getting a rework as we speak? i think hes not getting one. and u can still do fine with the warden class, just more on the low mid side of heroes.

destroyer2.1.2.
05-04-2018, 03:59 AM
ok Iím just gonna put his out there Iím a rep 47 warden main ever since the beta and Iím actually about to give up my boi is basically useless now al ubi**** has done is restlessly nerf him he got nerfed about 4-6 times and revived 2 tiny tweaks their not even worth being called tweaks or buffs if you take the vortex that even I despise always heís the worst character in the game I donít know why ubi**** doesnít listen to the players a lot we wanted warden to be reworked ever since we beat Apollyon and ubi didnít listen what so ever and it been about 14 months or so scince release al warden realt ever had was the vortex and maybe you could faint a little bit and guess what they reworked the PK who is top tier and ubi of here nearly even did anything to reduce how powerful she is they even buffed her during the rework I can accept the orochi rework but this it actually seems like a joke a cruel cruel joke is that really how little Ubisoft cares about their players satisfaction? At this point I lost all my faith in this game but knowing Ubi there just gonna Ignore this like how we wanted PK nerfed before or shaman which can for some reason outrun a super sprint shinobi than whatís the point of it? Also think about kensei and his moves still no nerfs can Ubi show so appreciation to their players? But then we have those people who are gonna respond to this and say itís ******** and are gonna say what are you talking about the game is perfectly balanced so thatís my opinion and what I think Ubisoft makes promises and keeps delaying them they say well fix it soon and thatís also a lie because Ubisoft does what ever they thinks is good for the game and ignores their players till something is mentioned by even big for honor YouTubers and twitch streamers so here you go Iím done Iíll give season 6 a chance and if Ubi fails Iím totally done

Wretch1d
05-04-2018, 05:44 AM
Play whoever you have fun with, i main the warlord who from these forums i see is one of the worst characters, but i like playing him, all about fun

Ianoneshot
05-04-2018, 01:01 PM
I believe it's depend on how you play on him.=)

I play my Warden like this
https://j.gifs.com/wmvXW8.gif
https://j.gifs.com/G5oL4J.gif

PDXGorechild
05-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Stick with him if you love him. He's an easy to learn but hard to master class, but still very viable in all game modes if you have the skill and invest some time. I fought a prestige 38 Warden last night who really put me through my paces, we kept picking each other out in tribute and had a kind of grudge match going on. He feinted loads of heavies and shoulder bashes and had a flow similar to the one I employ on my Berserker. He's an adversary I fear more than most of the rest of the roster if he's in the right hands.

Siegfried-Z
05-04-2018, 03:39 PM
ok I’m just gonna put his out there I’m a rep 47 warden main ever since the beta and I’m actually about to give up my boi is basically useless now

Really ?? I'am "only" rep 11 with warden but i don't understand how some ppl can say he is so useless, the worst char and things like that...

Warden has an easy kit to use and you can be king of strong very fast with him as he didn't take more than one or two rep i believe to be very compled and good with.. i mean if you're already an experienced ppl on for honor.

He has only few weapons yes as his vortex - his zone and his famous "incumbre !" which i love but even if everybody knows it the things are still hard to deal with if well played.. this is my opinion.. when i fight high level warden i still have hard time.

So no he is not more in need of a rework than was the Orochi, than IS STILL this poor Valk etc

Siegfried-Z
05-04-2018, 03:46 PM
And sorry but what i think about the original question :

1/ If you love Warden keep going with he is good
2/ At the level of beginners, if you take Cent you gonna destroy everyone almost but not really learn how to play skilled and you gonna feel it later (BTW u can have the same problem with warden so try to improve fast)
3/ Glad has definitly the funnier and most interesting kit of the 3 ! U gonna have some troubles at the begenning as his mix ups ask more skill and time to practice and you have to use to the his very vanished guard but if you keep going you gonna feel after some efforts it is the best choice to make :)

Tyrjo
05-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Unless you are in the top 5% of player skill, hero pick wont matter that much. Pick something that fits your play style and what you like.

DrinkinMyStella
05-04-2018, 03:55 PM
berserker, if your feint game is on point then just use berserker since the rework he's an animal

Roseguard_Cpt
05-04-2018, 03:56 PM
If he doesn't fit your style it's ok to go to another character, and I highly suggest playing every character to at least rep 1. That said however, Warden is the Swiss-Army-Knife character, with tools that will help you in most fights. Is Warden the best character? No, but that's fine. The reason he isn't getting a rework is because the kit he's got is still pretty solid, I say stick with it if you like it, but it's fun to try other characters sometimes