PDA

View Full Version : Only Rome for AC: Brotherhood ????

gohanks10
05-14-2010, 02:29 PM
i really hope that ubi add the cities fro AC 2, because will be really cool to play in this cities with the new features of the game, also a great area to explore. if there is only rome, there won't be area enough to explore. in AC 2 the good thing is travel between the cities

gohanks10
05-14-2010, 02:29 PM
i really hope that ubi add the cities fro AC 2, because will be really cool to play in this cities with the new features of the game, also a great area to explore. if there is only rome, there won't be area enough to explore. in AC 2 the good thing is travel between the cities

Six_Gun
05-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Keep in mind Rome is a much bigger city. They could also use the suburbs of Rome which have some nice ancient castles and towns. The buildings in Rome will likely be taller too. Rome itself is a beautiful city, and had lots of technology for it's time from the ancient Roman Empire, like the Roman baths, aqueducts, lush gardens, etc. There will be a LOT of potential gameplay time in just Rome, let alone the outskirts if they use them.

Murcuseo
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Rome is pretty huge but I'd be surprised if that was the only option/location for the multiplayer. Ubisoft would be wasting all the ACII locations if they based the MP in Rome and thats it... they might be that daft but I hope not....

They could easily limit the amount of players in smaller cities, it wouldn't be that hard to add.

El_Sjietah
05-14-2010, 03:10 PM
For singleplayer, Rome will be plenty. That city is huge and you can't take a turn without bumping into a historic landmark.

But like Robson posted, it would be neat to have some of the other cities for multiplayer. You won't need to create extra content for those then anyway.

TheEpicWolf
05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Like most people are saying Rome should more than enough, in AC2 Venice was the biggest so it doesn't seem likely they would add that or the other cities, except possibly the Villa. I mean adding Rome and Venice would give you a hell of alot of areas to play in, which don't get me wrong would be awesome but i don't see them adding that if they have Rome and the surrounding area's aswell. I'm sure Ubi know what there doing though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gohanks10
05-14-2010, 06:10 PM
here the map of rome in AC 2

is the map huge ???

http://img15.imageshack.us/i/imagem0002h.jpg/

NightmareGK13
05-14-2010, 06:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gohanks10:

is the map huge ???

http://img15.imageshack.us/i/imagem0002h.jpg/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually yes, considering thats only a small portion of Rome, and it's zoomed in for AC2 map sake and the mission is confined to only that space, that as you know is not fully Rome.

oOSilentPwnOo
05-14-2010, 08:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gohanks10:

is the map huge ???

Um... Are you serious?

Rome is flippin huge. o.o

TheEpicWolf
05-15-2010, 05:33 AM

is the map huge ???

Rome really is huge :-D
That looks like it's only a street in the city xD I'm am so excited about Brotherhood although i hope gameplay on Single player hasn't changed too much :-/

ZnorfRat
05-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Yah, Rome is huge....btw will the people there speak latin to you?

JohnConnor2012
05-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Not unless Brotherhood happens a millenium before AC2 - not likely with Ezio in it....

sataridis
05-15-2010, 08:24 AM
We will be facing Cesare Borgia, Rodrigo's bastard son and his gonfalonniere. He will conquer the lands of Caterina Sforza, and will kidnap her and imprison her in Rome.

We will be rescuing Caterina.

This is the new plot!

Six_Gun
05-16-2010, 11:48 AM
The map shown above could just be the heart of the Vatican City. It's certainly not all of Rome, not by a long shot. What you see of Rome in AC 2 whilst getting through the guards patrolling the wall on the way to the Vatican is just the Vatican City, not all of Rome.

Cpt_Yanni
05-16-2010, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:
The map shown above could just be the heart of the Vatican City. It's certainly not all of Rome, not by a long shot. What you see of Rome in AC 2 whilst getting through the guards patrolling the wall on the way to the Vatican is just the Vatican City, not all of Rome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just the map from the last mission of Assassin's Creed 2 in Rome

EmperorxZurg
05-16-2010, 02:37 PM
hey I remember that map! Ya, thats back in AC2. I thought we just knew we'd be Ezio for Brotherhood though, has anyone found any confirmed links saying which place(s) we'll be?

Solidpanic
05-16-2010, 02:47 PM
ACB will only be in Rome. Dont forget Rome is huge so no worries and it givea them the opportunity to work on extra detail with only one city to work on.

JohnConnor2012
05-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Good thinking Sataridis - it fits the timeline and has been well-telegraphed in AC2. Expect there'll be a lot more to it too. Mustn't forget Rodrigo's dad's still about too....

Feillyne
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Mhmmm, it would be better to have some other cities, such as Naples.

Can't believe such an important city (because of political intrigues, etc.) could be left off.

LeftyLebrandt
05-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Well, it's not like it has been touted as AC3...just Brotherhood. It seems like it is an full-priced expansion of AC2.

Deathshennin
05-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I think, ACB will be more focused on the Multiplayer.

Since this is the first game that has it, it would be a shame if it sucked.

Six_Gun
05-19-2010, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cpt_Yanni:
It's just the map from the last mission of Assassin's Creed 2 in Rome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, I could tell by the long wall shown in white and the red structure at the end, which is the Vatican. Like I said, all you see in AC 2 is the Vatican City, which is not nearly as big as all of Rome. And if they use the outskirts of Rome there will be some cool ancient castles and towns as well.

El_Sjietah
05-19-2010, 03:56 PM
And you only see a tiny fraction of Vatican city at that. The Sistine chapel is among the smallest buildings in there.

Marios725
05-22-2010, 08:11 AM
why dont they make it like an expansion to the main game ? thus we will have one additional city to visit ! ROME !

Solidpanic
05-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Because its new game thats why. And its not something you can just "Add-on" to AC2

Marios725
05-22-2010, 10:03 AM
well i heard that they will use the same specs for ACB so it can be an add-on but anyway if the multiplayer is good it doesnt matter to me if they have only Rome

HchilliK
05-25-2010, 07:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
And you only see a tiny fraction of Vatican city at that. The Sistine chapel is among the smallest buildings in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah exactly, you don't even see the whole sixteenth chapel you only see a part of it and a wall leading to it. The real Vatican City is a lot bigger and Rome is totally huge. Rome is about three times the size of Venice so there is a lot to work with. I think only Rome would be more than enough.

Ross_Auditore
05-25-2010, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Six_Gun:
Keep in mind Rome is a much bigger city. They could also use the suburbs of Rome which have some nice ancient castles and towns. The buildings in Rome will likely be taller too. Rome itself is a beautiful city, and had lots of technology for it's time from the ancient Roman Empire, like the Roman baths, aqueducts, lush gardens, etc. There will be a LOT of potential gameplay time in just Rome, let alone the outskirts if they use them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By the looks of it, Leornado follows you to Rome. Or you take a quick trip to venice.

Six_Gun
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HchilliK:
Yeah exactly, you don't even see the whole sixteenth chapel... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL, it's Sistine, not sixteenth.

The Sistine Chapel takes its name from Pope Sixtus IV, who restored the old Cappella Magna between 1477 and 1480.