PDA

View Full Version : Space Monkey Report Live Stream #2!

UbiBorghal
05-02-2018, 05:00 PM
http://static2.ubi.com/pxm/BGE2/forums/BGE2_SMP_REPORT_2_PROMO.jpg

Hey, Space Monkeys! It's time for a new Space Monkey Report Live Stream! Make time on May 3rd at 6 PM CEST / 12 PM EDT / 9 AM PDT. You won't want to miss it! Hope to see you all there!

👉 twitch.tv/ubisoft (https://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft) 👈

You can check the time in your local time zone here: http://ubi.li/dn9vd

Legion-495
05-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Hmm I wonder what we will see.
Maybe it is audio only and we don't see anything at all?! :eek:

We will see I guess. Saw what I did there?!:rolleyes:

UbiBorghal
05-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Hmm I wonder what we will see.
Maybe it is audio only and we don't se anything at all?! :eek:

We will see I guess.Saw what I did there?! :rolleyes:

Isn't that called a PODCAST? That's so 2004!

Legion-495
05-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Isn't that called a PODCAST? That's so 2004!

There are many livestreams that get converted into Podcasts.
We can try the other way around too xD

devilmeetsvamp
05-02-2018, 06:23 PM
I still don't receive any email notifications though. I have already subscribed and it says " You are already participating in Beyond Good and Evil 2 on the following platforms:PC (waiting list)" but still no emails.

ElPrimordial
05-02-2018, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7A7NUAYQJs

Legion-495
05-02-2018, 07:25 PM
I still don't receive any email notifications though. I have already subscribed and it says " You are already participating in Beyond Good and Evil 2 on the following platforms:PC (waiting list)" but still no emails.

I would subscribe to the bgegame twitter (https://twitter.com/bgegame).
To my knowledge that is a solid notification.

And I quote!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7A7NUAYQJs

KIERROK
05-02-2018, 10:42 PM
So, it'll be noon Eastern time but 6pm in the evening for Europe, am I correct? I can't wait to see what else we're getting.

K1ngthepug
05-03-2018, 10:25 AM
I love developer live streams.
Yes please. But what will they show us?

I hope so that we can see some more gameplay.
I read somewhere a while ago that some unshown gameplay was secretly show. To some reporters. Due to the graphics being low quality (pre alpha) the guys at Ubisoft didnít want anyone to see it.

Anyway Iím more excited for this live stream than I was for the avengers.
Full stream ahead!!!

DC_ASCII_9900
05-03-2018, 05:30 PM
@UbiBorghal Where to post the questions? On Twitter with #tag "BGE" ??

DC_ASCII_9900
05-03-2018, 05:36 PM
How do you compare the size of the world with Assassin's Creed Origins? And what about the customization?

KIERROK
05-03-2018, 05:44 PM
My brothel question was mentioned *squeal*

Offtopic: Why was I banned from the chat? I literally did nothing wrong. All I said was "Yo" to someone, then "8 MINUTES!!!" then BOOM you've been banned for 3564 seconds. Likw WHAT!?

bitebug2003
05-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Impressed with what they showed (it wasn't much but still)

I liked the timeline too

Roll on E3 :)

Legion-495
05-03-2018, 05:51 PM

Offtopic: Why was I banned from the chat? I literally did nothing wrong. All I said was "Yo" to someone, then "8 MINUTES!!!" then BOOM you've been banned for 3564 seconds. Likw WHAT!?

I think that was the chatbot.

theblubbit
05-03-2018, 05:56 PM

Sounds to me you got timed out by a bot for cap spam, so I wouldn't take it to heart.

Loved the quick bit of gameplay though. Too short indeed! lol.

splenkk
05-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the update!

KIERROK
05-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Sounds to me you got timed out by a bot for cap spam, so I wouldn't take it to heart.

Loved the quick bit of gameplay though. Too short indeed! lol.

Still hurt. Because like I said I did nothing wrong... Ok I said "dam" and playfully called Legion-495 a "Richard" because he said "Watch. Stream starts... WATCH E3... END." But that was like literally 50m before I got banned. But whichever. Was awesome to see gameplay, and yeah I'll happily using that staff.

Legion-495
05-03-2018, 11:11 PM
No permaban so everything is dandy.
But damn feels.

Either way. I guess we have to wait for E3 now.
Got teased way to much with those very likely E3 snippets.

Ganet2
05-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Have to say I was liking some of the fighter designs in the fly by. Different wing types and such. Already like the frigates and battleships but it's nice to see fighters I like. Hoping to see more with everyone else when E3 rolls around now. Just got to watch the stream via recordings. Heh.

Hope to see more than staff weapons but that was cool.

KIERROK
05-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_F-Hh4xs4

When will stream #2 video replay be out? I ask because I missed a few parts due to crashes both connection to Twitch and system had to restart.

Legion-495
05-04-2018, 08:28 AM
I wait for it too. To add the timeline a snippets to my summary^^

Legion-495
05-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Hard judgement based on that we basically saw only spaceships flying around for most of the time.
Hmm I have hopes in the creative side of Ubisoft with all the neat little games they made over the years.

I don't think it is so much the bigger,bigger,bigger as it was the intend of the original BGE with flying to the moon and so.

With Jade being a thing in BGE2 our character can be too a thing in BGE3. So connections can be made if they wanted.
Well that story writing remains to be seen. But we all know that would be a hardcore job to have a lot of influence with the character on the base story.

WiwarK9
05-04-2018, 03:42 PM
With every bit of new info, this stream in particular, BG&E looks more like yet another Assassin's Creed clone.
Zelda inspired BGE
BGE created the engine for Prince of persia
Prince of persia is the precursor of assassin creed
Assassin creed popularised the open world genre on western game
Zelda Botw choose to inspire himself of the western game
BGE 2 is inspired by Zelda Botw

Muh assassin creed clone

With Jade being a thing in BGE2 our character can be too a thing in BGE3. So connections can be made if they wanted.
Well that story writing remains to be seen. But we all know that would be a hardcore job to have a lot of influence with the character on the base story.

As Michel Ancel said the goal is to open a door (kill ganon) and the way you open the door is different, if you play a breath of the wild there is a good example: the prince of zorah you can either meet him near a sheika tower or meet him directly in the city of zorah the reaction he will have will be different but in the end everything will lead you to beat the 4 beasts and defeat ganon.
If you can be called by different nickname that will be the result of your choices, it would be a possibility to see his character referenced in future games.
Something like the scene in the bathub in the witcher 3

ElPrimordial
05-04-2018, 04:38 PM
With every bit of new info, this stream in particular, BG&E looks more like yet another Assassin's Creed clone.

They were pushing the whole old "bigger bigger bigger world" nonsense like crazy. The "new" thing they bring to the table is the abililty to leap from space ships into melee. Larger scale battle simulations aren't anything new either.

I was of course most disappointed by the lame excuse for the "play good vs. play evil" game mechanics. The way I understand it now, the story is just about as set in stone as it was in the predecessor, it's just that the protagonist/"main" character, who can be "evil" or "good" is doing his own thing. E.g. Dakini and piglet Pey'J will have their own, probably much more interesting, story while the protagonist just stumbles along in parallel regardless whether he's "good" or "evil". Sure, you can tell a good story if the player's avatar basically has nothing to do with it. If he does, this should send the cognitive dissonance through the roof.

The customization options are looking just fine and I'm glad they rely on melee combat. Apart from this, this looks like "Ubisoft game (http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2014/06/ubisoft-game-review/)".

I wonder why you dislike so much that a game give you the choice to go for a different route than the established? Did you have bad experiences with games like that? That in the next installment developers didn't use the end you liked as cannon and you felt your efforts were wasted? That this supposed "free will" isn't real since the game only take into account one chain of events and erase the others?

ElPrimordial
05-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Impressed with what they showed (it wasn't much but still)

I liked the timeline too

Roll on E3 :)

Well, seems to be BGE2 team are changing your mind about the game... good to know.

TOG_Vulcan
05-05-2018, 07:27 AM
I have a bit of concern about Character Creation and Co-op :(

If creating a character means there is no backstory for him/her and it makes him/her/it a silence dude something like FC5

and if they implanting co-op to just to be there, something like GR:WL or again FC5, these things concerns me! But maybe Ancel and his team will show other ubisoft games how to use these correctly!

I don't know for sure, But I wish these things doesn't hurt the game

atubaboun
05-05-2018, 11:02 AM
hey !
Since i missed a lot of stuff around here, including the live space monkey report, does anyone have a link to a recording of it by chance ?
I know it will end up on the ubisoft YT channel anyway.

atubaboun
05-05-2018, 11:07 AM
nevermind what i asked, i just found it on twitch :)

ElPrimordial
05-05-2018, 07:41 PM
More or less, yes, but it's more complex than that. I felt that choice and consequence games made a bloody sacrifice out of coherent story on an altar of ludicrously deified narrative player choice. I felt they especially sacrificed a coherent idea of the main character's psyche. In black/white "good vs. evil" games, they consistently give us binary choices, and in many games we're even rewarded for sticking to one "side", for consistently choosing evil over good or good over evil. If they do not, we're still inclined to do either the bad or the good things consistently, so the game ends up binary anyway. If we just choose arbitrary, the main character usually feels psychotic, as he or she doesn't act consistently, is prone to acts of deep compassion as well as infinite cruelty. The main characters in these "good vs. evil" choice games are just empty shells, avatars, at best acting out the playground whims of the player. I feel that such main characters do not lend themselves to the kind of iconicity that defines each and every character in Beyond Good & Evil. I also feel that the one "new" thing that Ubisoft intends to try here is at the very least 15 years old and has in the meantime been done to death by Electronic Arts/BioWare already, and even they have come to understand, the hard way, that they have to be done with it.

None of this is a "wrong" way of game design. It's just an ill fit for Beyond Good & Evil.

Just imagine what picture you've made of Dakini or of piglet Pey'J already and do ask yourself whether a total psychopath or inherently violent pirate would give a rat's ape about them. Or whether Dakini and the others would even cooperate with such an individual. Recall what you've seen of Shani and Knox, remember what kind of goal that band of brothers was after.

What kind of personality fits within that established crew, and what kind of character does not, that is a question that's asked and answered.

Hmm actually I feel that would fit very well with the original name of the game, namely "Between Good & Evil."
Also it would add a lot of replayability, since the "what if?" scenarios have always had a great reception. I always found them a great addition to any game. Granted that would deviate of the purpose of the Space Monkeys and grow us apart from Dakini & Cia, but if is well implemented could add another layer of depth while exploring the dark side, or just simply fulfill the personal agenda of each one.

But if at some point of the development phase, BGE 2 team decide that things aren't going to work the way we're, well some of us, suggesting (that is these alternatives are too hollow, pointless, not fun to play) and they decide to ditch it in order to create a more compelling, fulfilling story, like you desire, of course I will so OK with that.

In any case this is a BGE 2 team prerogative: they must analyze, ponder, meditate if it will work with what they have in mind, with Ancel original idea of BGE trilogy, or if it will be a chore, a waste of time and resources, a not rewarding experience.

ElPrimordial
05-07-2018, 09:18 PM
http://static2.ubi.com/pxm/BGE2/forums/BGE2_SMP_REPORT_2_PROMO.jpg

Hey, Space Monkeys! It's time for a new Space Monkey Report Live Stream! Make time on May 3rd at 6 PM CEST / 12 PM EDT / 9 AM PDT. You won't want to miss it! Hope to see you all there!

 twitch.tv/ubisoft (https://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft) 

You can check the time in your local time zone here: http://ubi.li/dn9vd

Hey UbiBorghal, any plans to upload this video on youtube too?

UbiBorghal
05-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Hey UbiBorghal, any plans to upload this video on youtube too?

Yes, it is in the plans! I will let you know when it is uploaded, although I suspect you guys will find out before I get the chance to publish it here ;-)

TOG_Vulcan
05-08-2018, 12:38 AM
Nice, If it's possible please upload those artworks for timelines too! Thanks

UbiBorghal
05-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Nice, If it's possible please upload those artworks for timelines too! Thanks

Yes! I'll see what I can do ;-)

Kamitto
05-10-2018, 11:35 PM
The main characters in these "good vs. evil" choice games are just empty shells, avatars, at best acting out the playground whims of the player. I feel that such main characters do not lend themselves to the kind of iconicity that defines each and every character in Beyond Good & Evil. I also feel that the one "new" thing that Ubisoft intends to try here is at the very least 15 years old and has in the meantime been done to death by Electronic Arts/BioWare already, and even they have come to understand, the hard way, that they have to be done with it.

My friend, I understand your skepticism, BUT…perhaps that is where we come in? It is clear from the livestreams that the developers are staying true to their pledge of involving us Space Monkeys in the process. The game is in pre-Alpha, so I wouldn't say that anything is necessarily set in stone. So let's keep having our conversations, keep critiquing, keep asking questions, and making suggestions. I'm going to start a thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1879582-How-do-we-go-quot-Beyond-Good-and-Evil-quot-in-a-more-authentic-way?p=13484130#post13484130) about "Good vs. evil" and perhaps how the devs might do it "right".

Let's treat it like a writer's room, and get a bunch of ideas out on the table for them to consider?

Princecaka7
05-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Please donĎt add any monkeys or pirates to this game, make it like the first one, it was the best game ever, now u can make better graphics and a new story and coop mode, we must safe other people like in the first one, no pirate and to much galaxy sht like star wars ( u now what i mean )
Jade and PJ must stay and move on please !

Sorry for my crappy english (:

Kamitto
05-12-2018, 12:53 AM
Please don‘t add any monkeys or pirates to this game, make it like the first one, it was the best game ever, now u can make better graphics and a new story and coop mode, we must safe other people like in the first one, no pirate and to much galaxy sht like star wars ( u now what i mean )
Jade and PJ must stay and move on please !

Buddy. You basically just asked for them to cancel this game entirely, and make a DLC for the first game. That's…not going to happen.