PDA

View Full Version : PC What I Like About AC Unity

JamesHayton
05-02-2018, 01:31 PM
AC Unity was released in 2014. I finally decided to get the game and play it in 2017. Why the wait to play the game? First of all, I have never heard about the series until recently. I played a bit of AC Black Flag and hated it. The controls for the game wasn't fluent. It didn't flow well with me. Unity had some changes for the better and the environment of the game was beautiful. I love the details.

Unity was set in Paris, France in the French Revolution (even though it didn't touch much on the French Revolution). What instantly caught my attention was the customization that you could do to Arno. I liked the variety of choices, essay writer (http://writer4sale.com/), the mix and matches that you could do. The Phantom Blade is a step up from the blowpipe in Black Flag. Berserk Blades are the best thing to use in my opinion for stealth. Another thing that I liked was the better stealth system. Though I'm kind of sad that you can't whistle your target over anymore. I think the combat system is okay. The free running parkour is much better than it was in Black Flag. While climbing a building in Black Flag, Kenway just jumped to his death.

The stealth system is definitely better than Black Flag's stealth. The game really does force you to use stealth. Unlike Black Flag, where you can just go in and slaughter your targets.

I like how the Companion Missions are easy and direct. The Murder Mysteries are really fun to do. Even though Unity's open world is smaller than Black Flag's open world, you get to go through buildings and explore the streets of Paris. All the people in the streets is a good thing because you can easily blend in to hide and especially if you have the disguise skill. It's much easier to make money and extra cash in the game too

I've only run into small glitches that didn't really affect the game play like floating objects or civilians being in odd places. What I don't like about the game is that you can't buy all the skills and that you have to pay real money to play co-op. I have run into the "The Little Prince" Paris Story glitch and the one that teleport Arno around the wall that I am trying to climb down then kill him.

andynaruto10
05-07-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm one of the Unity lovers too.

It's true that it's very different than Black Flag. It was a new engine. And because it was a new engine, they needed more time to polish it. They built the engine along with the game, so they should have given it more time. Yes, you cannot whistle, and sometimes being stealthy is a drag, it takes too long and then you'll still get detected somehow. This was better polished in Syndicate, where you can whistle, and you have throwing knives instead of Phantom Blades. The stealth in Syndicate is really good in my opinion. Too bad Syndicate is the worst AC, again, in my opinion. Mostly because of the story.

What do you mean you have to pay real money to play co-op? There's no such thing. You CAN play co-op missions for free, anytime you want. You can even play them solo.
And about the skills, you can collect more skill points in the co-op missions. Then, you'll be able to unlock all the skills.

If you need any help or want to play co-op, you can add me on Uplay. Also, there's a Discord server for AC Multiplayer and co-op if you're interested.

Lysette88
05-13-2018, 09:01 AM
It really makes me wonder, how anyone could possibly deem Syndicate the worst AC game - I liked game play and characters a lot, these twins are hilarious at times. The game has a certain kind of quite british humor, which goes well with the setting in victorian London (given that there are a few phrases, which are modern and wouldn't have made any sense in the 19th century). Ok, so to Unity - even in it'S currented patched state, it still has some weird bugs, which can be annoying at times. And the story is totally missing the opportunity to get into the events of the french revolution in more detail - all is just very shallow and a missed opportunity IMO. Basically they promised the revolution and what we got is just the revolution as a backdrop of an otherwise pretty pointless and in the end disappointing story.

MstrTarvos
05-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Unity will always hold a special place in my heart, because it was my gateway to the series. Although I am currently playing Origins, I love the whole series and have many hours of fun and enjoyment from them. Unity will always remain one of my favorites.

Lysette88
05-14-2018, 07:21 AM
Unity will always hold a special place in my heart, because it was my gateway to the series. Although I am currently playing Origins, I love the whole series and have many hours of fun and enjoyment from them. Unity will always remain one of my favorites.

Well, I think you are right - I just started a new game with Unity and discovered, that I haven't played with the latest patch before - but it seems to run pretty well now and finally I might even enjoy playing through it. I haven't experienced the disaster at launch, but even years later the game did not run so well - but now it seems to run better and I haven't even changed my hardware since then. I hope it stays that way, so that I can finally get rid of this feeling that Ubisoft did not care about the game and just dropped it for good - fortunately they didn't, but tried to fix it - and it seems a lot better now.