PDA

View Full Version : I am curious to the nature of the name of Anno Union.

W0ke.
04-30-2018, 02:54 PM
Quite a lot of people requested land combat in addition to the return of classic anno. As one of those people, while I appreciate that 2205 has been laid to rest, I can't help but feel like "union" is a misleading name if we don't get to make any large decisions (I.E. More than choosing a community map). Don't get me wrong, I love the intense amount of communication but Anno union is misnamed and misadvertized for such a large decision to be made against community request.

Here's hoping Land Combat is DLC #1.

Also for the very distant future I would love to see a 2205 with multiplayer. I actually liked 2205 kinda. It would be cool to see a 2205 2 that is closer to the normal series with multiplayer. The distant future concept was very cool and I think would work well again. The thought of invading my friends moon base with MOON LAND units... I would pay a thousand dollars for such a game.

stylisticsagi
05-02-2018, 01:51 PM
I completly follow you with the union name.
For this reason i hope we will see much more ingame depth of warfare between players rather then just armies.
Land armies are not going to be in the base and are very very unlikly to come with a dlc either.
However economic games have much more possibilites of attacking and defeating your opponents.
If i remember correctly they where going to do a complete and much more advanced overhaul of the shares in the game.
And just like you suggested yourself perhaps with the union name we will see alot of elite vs workers action as well where hopefully the player will have some kind of control over perhaps for your own people as well as sturring up your opponent's people.

W0ke.
05-03-2018, 08:07 PM
I agree. They need some war innovation if they aren't doing land fighting.

iruet
05-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the intense amount of communication but Anno union is misnamed and misadvertized for such a large decision to be made against community request.

Well... If you would have paid attention there are loads of things added which are requested by the community... And as Basti and Chris said: "There will always be people against any of our decisions, it is our job to see what percentage of players is against this decisio and how many approve of this decision."

Tbh I have seen loads of people complain, but even more never said anything about it. Personally I can't be bothered to have land combat... And I know there are others out there that can't be bothered either. Given that fact, how do we know what percentage approves and what percentage disapproves?
Actually, we can't know this, since we can't see the amount of visitors... I know Marcel, Basti, Chris and many others check that often.

And next to that... BB has the devs, we as community can suggest things, but if it is too expensive to make, they won't make it. They have to find the balance between affordable, enough features and a good game. As they also said in one of the dev blogs that some decisions were made before we heard about the Anno Union, and land combat is one of these. I believe Basti once said that they have been busy on 1800 for over one year now, given that we already have half of the time to suggest things and help them make decisions. I do not believe that it is fair to say that this aint a union just because not all suggestions are listened to... Next to that, many more suggestions might come, but haven't been confirmed yet. ☺

Yeah and... the group is so big, that sometimes decisions have to get made by BB ☺

I feel like this is a great step for BB, since it is so succesfull, it might be possible that BB will do it with other games too and maybe other big companies will follow BB once.

Last thing: BB can't be completely transparent, but they do a great job so far, sometimes things get added and will be removed later on and such, so people had be very disappointed if it isn't in the final release of the game :)

Edit:

Also read this blogpost: https://www.anno-union.com/en/union-update-how-we-make-decisions/

Xelnaga72
02-05-2019, 11:40 PM
I tried the beta and the game has a very good thing on his side, it totally feels like playing anno 1404 which was undoubtably the best in the serie. To make this game great they should have just done what they have done already, put together Anno 1404 with land combat of Anno 1503 ... that's it. When i heard there will be no land combat i quit playing the beta and for sure i will not buy the game unless they add it. As someone said, it is not acceptable in such a game to have no land combat ... especially in 2018, its just ridicolous. Combat in Anno 1404 made sense but was not funny and very slow, so just add Anno1503 land combat and you have probably the perfect game.

Flawbringer
02-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Honestly, if I had heard there was land combat, that would have been a near-automatic "Nope" for me. Land combat was the worst and most pointless part of the older Anno games.