PDA

View Full Version : USB Problem.

Bamatt
10-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Got a little problem here. I just moved my computer. After hooking everything back up, my joystick and throttle dont work. They are both USB, the computer doesn't even make the little "ding ****" noise when I plug them in. The USB ports are in good working order, my microphone works when I plug it into any of the ports. But, for whatever reason, it wont do anything when I plug in the stick or throttle.

The device manager reports both ports as working properly. I can't figure it out.

Bamatt
10-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Got a little problem here. I just moved my computer. After hooking everything back up, my joystick and throttle dont work. They are both USB, the computer doesn't even make the little "ding ****" noise when I plug them in. The USB ports are in good working order, my microphone works when I plug it into any of the ports. But, for whatever reason, it wont do anything when I plug in the stick or throttle.

The device manager reports both ports as working properly. I can't figure it out.

BaldieJr
10-03-2004, 09:46 PM
unplug everything
delete the usb devices (root hub and such)
reboot
once settled, reboot again
install stick etc

horseback
10-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Before you get too carried away, take a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to the USB connectors' interior contacts. There may just be a little tarnish buildup interfering with your connection. Speaking as an old time electronics repair guy, always try the cheap and easy solution first.

cheers

horseback

lil_labbit
10-04-2004, 07:12 AM
Do a Start-Control Panel-Game Devices
Both your throttle and stick should be listed there (if they realy are 2 different devices).
If they are not you need to re-install the drivers.
It might also be that you need to plug them in WHILE the computer is switched ON ... for them to be recognized, it could also be you plugged them into the wrong position (plug them into the USB port where they original were)...

Heavy_Weather
10-04-2004, 11:44 AM
if all this doesnt work, the stick cables could be bad