PDA

View Full Version : Give zone attack its own dedicated button

ShadoWawker
04-28-2018, 06:50 AM
This game is all about precision, and having the character do exactly what you're trying to accomplish based on the buttons you press. Currently, zone attack is very frustrating to use because of its inconsistency. Your timing has to be basically perfect for it to work as intended, but very often i end up doing a light or a heavy attack just because pressed r1 or r2 a fraction of a second before the other one.

It leads to some very annoying situations where im trying to zone attack, but end up doing a heavy instead and getting parried then punished for it when i shouldve been the one who got the hit in.

The solution to this problem is to give zone attack its own button. There should still be the option to keep it on r1+r2 as it is now, but changing it to another button should disable this option.

In my opinion, reset camera is completely pointless and i definitely never use it. So instead, there should be the option to replace this button with zone attack. Then it will be nice and clean, a guaranteed zone attack every time you press it with no questions or concerns.

Please developers add this into the game it is the only thing control-wise that i think needs to be changed everything else feels smooth, precise and functions the way i want it to.

Jedioutcast88
04-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Dear god yes! I donít know how many times I have hit just the light or heavy 3-4 times trying to get the zone attack to go. have a button like cirlcle (PS4) play double duty would work the best. That way canceling it out if you have a multi hit zone attack would make it easy to pull off.

ShadoWawker
04-29-2018, 09:20 PM
Thats an interesting idea having it on the same button it might work i was thinking of a separate button but both could be good options. Either way something has to be done

Jedioutcast88
04-29-2018, 10:08 PM
I think it would be easy to program in. The only way you can get a dedicated button is if you go out and buy either a strike pack or a controller with extra buttons.

ShadoWawker
05-03-2018, 01:35 AM
I don't mean dedicated button as in an extra physical button. I meant it as in like having its own button not sharing with another essential combat function. This is why i think putting it on the reset camera button would be awesome.

When out of guard mode, it will reset camera just like it does now. When in guard mode, it will zone attack. I think this is the perfect solution, at least for myself.

Jedioutcast88
05-03-2018, 04:17 AM
meant like right now as the zone attack stands without having a dedicated button or an assigned button on the controller you would need a controller or something that you and macro r1+r2. Sorry for the confusion. It does need its own button.

ShadoWawker
05-03-2018, 11:33 PM
Ok no problem and one thing i wanted to add is the level of discomfort i have with this current control scheme for zone attacking.

Like most people i keep my middle finger down on the handle of the controller when i play. So when i do (try) to zone attack, i have to move my middle finger all the way up to the R2 button just so i can press both r1 and r2 at the same time its really annoying and uncomfortable.

And then after doing all that it doesnt even work half the time, so hopefully this will be changed asap. Im sure it wouldnt take much work at all but would make a world of difference to everyone who plays this game.

Jedioutcast88
05-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Yeah I do the same thing to I have learned to start using my ring and pinky on my right hand to hold the controller when I attempt to use my zone. With the new changes they have made to full custom load outs to the button Iím hopping they add in something soon. Besides posting on the forums post the suggestion on there social media pages as well. I think having a button dedicated for the zone is a great idea and you should use other sources to get the community on board. I would say if you havenít going to the support center on Ubisoft web page they do offer a suggestions and feed back in the support center.

Playing_Mantis
05-04-2018, 03:24 AM
I actually hope they don't add another button. honestly its not very hard to just press both buttons at the same time. just practice it and it will come second nature soon enough. no need to add more buttons... please don't add this ubi. for a while i struggled but not very long, now i don't even think about it.

ShadoWawker
05-04-2018, 07:22 AM
I actually hope they don't add another button. honestly its not very hard to just press both buttons at the same time. just practice it and it will come second nature soon enough. no need to add more buttons... please don't add this ubi. for a while i struggled but not very long, now i don't even think about it.

Ok first of all, im rep 11 which is not super high but its not like i started playing yesterday. I practice all the time and yes its not that hard to press them at the same time the problem is when you do it doesnt work thats the whole point of my post in the first place

This change would not hurt anyone or their control schemes in any way if you like your current one then just keep it. My idea would only help most people once they realize this is a better option. So just because you wouldnt use it doesnt mean its not a good idea. And btw i bet if they do add it to the game you would switch eventually too