PDA

View Full Version : We've had an Armour of Altair; do you think we'll get an Armour of Ezio?

Rakudaton
08-21-2011, 08:30 AM
As the title says: do you think Ezio will construct his own unique super-armour, like Altair did? I think that would be pretty cool and a nice finishing touch.

As I was *trying* to get to sleep last night, I had some thoughts as to how this might work:

Leonardo contacts you (somehow) saying that he has remembered something he saw in the Apple back in ACII: some sort of metallurgic instructions for making a super-strong metal. To avoid the information getting into Templar hands, he is sending the instructions in pieces by ship.

MISSION 1: Obtain the instructions from the ships. They have Templars searching them having been tipped off about the armour. Think of it like a Secret Location consisting of three or four ships inside which you explore.

MISSION 2: There is a blacksmith affiliated with the Assassins in Constantinople. You take the plans to him. He says he can make it, but requires a rare metal. Fortunately he knows of some mines near the city where the Templars are mining such metal. You go there for the second Secret Location.

MISSION 3: You return, and the blacksmith sets to work on the armour. As payment, he asks that you take care of a problem for him. The Templars have put his name on the "List", a list of merchants and shopkeepers who are deemed their enemies and are not allowed to trade openly in the city. He asks you to infiltrate the building where the List is kept and replace it with a forgery that excludes his name, allowing him to set up shop once more. Secret Location 3.

MISSION 4: You return to the workshop, only to find the blacksmith gone and signs of a break-in (deja vu much?). It turns out he has been taken prisoner, so you break into the prisons to get him out. Secret Location 4.

MISSION 5: Having been rescued, the blacksmith tells you the Templars have taken the armour to some place. You go there and retrieve the armour. Secret Location 5.

I think it would be a great touch at the end of his story for Ezio to claim his own armour. That said, what would it look like? Presumably something like the Armour of Altair would be nice (remember that the robes part of the armour were probably only added in the Renaissance, since they fit the fashions of Ezio's rather than Altair's time), but different enough to be unique. It would be nice to be able to dye the robes, but the default colour should be black.

Thoughts?

Rakudaton
08-21-2011, 08:30 AM
As the title says: do you think Ezio will construct his own unique super-armour, like Altair did? I think that would be pretty cool and a nice finishing touch.

As I was *trying* to get to sleep last night, I had some thoughts as to how this might work:

Leonardo contacts you (somehow) saying that he has remembered something he saw in the Apple back in ACII: some sort of metallurgic instructions for making a super-strong metal. To avoid the information getting into Templar hands, he is sending the instructions in pieces by ship.

MISSION 1: Obtain the instructions from the ships. They have Templars searching them having been tipped off about the armour. Think of it like a Secret Location consisting of three or four ships inside which you explore.

MISSION 2: There is a blacksmith affiliated with the Assassins in Constantinople. You take the plans to him. He says he can make it, but requires a rare metal. Fortunately he knows of some mines near the city where the Templars are mining such metal. You go there for the second Secret Location.

MISSION 3: You return, and the blacksmith sets to work on the armour. As payment, he asks that you take care of a problem for him. The Templars have put his name on the "List", a list of merchants and shopkeepers who are deemed their enemies and are not allowed to trade openly in the city. He asks you to infiltrate the building where the List is kept and replace it with a forgery that excludes his name, allowing him to set up shop once more. Secret Location 3.

MISSION 4: You return to the workshop, only to find the blacksmith gone and signs of a break-in (deja vu much?). It turns out he has been taken prisoner, so you break into the prisons to get him out. Secret Location 4.

MISSION 5: Having been rescued, the blacksmith tells you the Templars have taken the armour to some place. You go there and retrieve the armour. Secret Location 5.

I think it would be a great touch at the end of his story for Ezio to claim his own armour. That said, what would it look like? Presumably something like the Armour of Altair would be nice (remember that the robes part of the armour were probably only added in the Renaissance, since they fit the fashions of Ezio's rather than Altair's time), but different enough to be unique. It would be nice to be able to dye the robes, but the default colour should be black.

Thoughts?

fanofthecreed
08-21-2011, 08:38 AM
I think it sounds like a great idea and I certainly would enjoy it unless it had hard 100% sync but thats a completly different can of worms. It would be really fun to break into all those secret places to get your own armour imo.

ProdiGurl
08-21-2011, 08:44 AM
I like it - great idea & they might have already decided on that.
I wonder if it will come with a cape http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

*and yes, BLACK color!
To me, dressing in pure white to kill targets w/ blades isn't anything I'd do - I guess it's more about relaying a meaning thru the color? But we all know about white being easy to spot esp. at night.

RzaRecta357
08-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Isn't Leo dead of old age or something by this game? I could be totally wrong on that though i'll have to wiki it.

Ezio has the codex. He could just find a really good blacksmith to forge him another set of crazy armor.

Gasketfuse
08-21-2011, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Isn't Leo dead of old age or something by this game? I could be totally wrong on that though i'll have to wiki it.

Ezio has the codex. He could just find a really good blacksmith to forge him another set of crazy armor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought so as well, but based off the date given in the E3, Leonardo wouldn't die for like 6 more years.

reddragonhrcro
08-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Cleary sounds like an great idea.About the codex,werenīt they destroyed in the villa or Ezio came back to get em?It would be interesting tough.Like for example that every piece of the codex pages has a part of the formula for creating the ultimative armour that Altair created.Actualy was the Armour of Altair destroyed or only Ezio wasnīt able to get to it.(Canīt remember now,it would be a shame to have such an beautiful masterwork destroyed)

trueguitarist95
08-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Leonardo doesn't die until 1519

Will_Lucky
08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
The Codex was lost during the Villa attack and turned up in different Templar collections and museums by 2012 I believe.

rileypoole1234
08-21-2011, 12:04 PM
I think it would be very nice if when Ezio goes back to the Villa, he removes the Golden Fleece from Altair's armor and put's it in his own.

agitatedchimp
08-21-2011, 04:32 PM
If they make an Ezio armour they should in no way make it optional to dye it. IMO they should not have an option to dye over the assassins white colour as i think it takes away originality with the exception of stuff like armour of romulus, i mean imagine Altair running around in Black robes- Er.. No? If they do have an armour of Ezio, Which i really hope they do!
They should have either his starting AC:B outfit or the AC:R trailer Robes

thedeadman_47
08-21-2011, 08:28 PM
small detail: why not make the mine at masyaf as the same metal that made the armor of altail can be mined somewhere near it really nice idea

ps: i am starting to really hate the templars they're puting thier nose in every little thing they ruined my armor crafting!!!!!