PDA

View Full Version : HIDDEN BLADE STUPIDNESS

NumptyGS
02-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi people new to the forum but i had to post this as its become the most annoying thing apart from when your running round a massive building and the camera angle changes meaning when your push forward to jump he ends up jump 80Degrees the other way.

This may like i say have been said by many but what the [edit: swearing removed] is up with the Hidden blade just randomly being put away?

I am doing the fights hidden blade etc to see how many you can get. Im on 38 so clearly have done the test anyways. I wanna see how much more i can get but the [edit: swearing removed] hidden blade just randomly just puts itself away when you hit X. To me thats like having a [edit: swearing removed] driving game and having Accelerate and Break as the same button.

Long Streak i got like 2500 something points so it aint a nooby question about skill its just dumb that the attack button is the same button as putting the weapon away.

STUPIDNESS

NumptyGS
02-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi people new to the forum but i had to post this as its become the most annoying thing apart from when your running round a massive building and the camera angle changes meaning when your push forward to jump he ends up jump 80Degrees the other way.

This may like i say have been said by many but what the [edit: swearing removed] is up with the Hidden blade just randomly being put away?

I am doing the fights hidden blade etc to see how many you can get. Im on 38 so clearly have done the test anyways. I wanna see how much more i can get but the [edit: swearing removed] hidden blade just randomly just puts itself away when you hit X. To me thats like having a [edit: swearing removed] driving game and having Accelerate and Break as the same button.

Long Streak i got like 2500 something points so it aint a nooby question about skill its just dumb that the attack button is the same button as putting the weapon away.

STUPIDNESS

Evan52395
02-27-2011, 01:38 PM
I know what you mean though I've never really had any problems with it. I can see how it'd be frustrating.

NumptyGS
02-27-2011, 01:49 PM
I mean i normally just hold the RB and X to attack right?

But more and more so im holding block , blade is out. I hit X to COUNTER and he puts the damn blade away its just really annoying. I dont actually get why have that as the same button

Rakudaton
02-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Um, you CAN'T put the hidden blade away. It's automatically sheathed when you're not using it, but it's never sheathed as a result of a button press by you.

As for the camera angles and jumping, that's just you. I and the rest of the world seem to get along fine.

kriegerdesgottes
02-27-2011, 01:53 PM
That is annoying but what I hate even more is when you kill a bunch of people and just randomly he will lock off of people because they are too far away when you kill the people immediately around you. The VR missions are a good idea but they are soo annoying because of the few problems the combat now suffers from. I was playing ACII today and I was really enjoying the combat, not that I don't think ACB's combat is awesome but it is still a little flawed.

NumptyGS
02-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I explain what i mean yeh.

So i holding RT sorry to block ok ? and X takes the blade out ready to attack. Most times you counter , but other times its like the blade just gets put away and u get hit , round over.

See what i mean? I dont get why hitting the button that half a second would mean that you put the damn thing away. I am still on it now and managed a 45 kill streak but only getting hit cos of that

ThaWhistle
02-27-2011, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
As for the camera angles and jumping, that's just you. I and the rest of the world seem to get along fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whachou talkin bout willis? the action camera in the tombs in AC2 was annoying beyond belief, it contributed nothing, and more often htan not was a good way to waste a few minutes to have to redo something.

NumptyGS
02-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Overall i love the games but its just a few things that make it difficult for no reason. I was climbing some building on Brotherhood etc and the angels change as you run forward so it kind of pans around. So i get to a point to jump and carried on pushing forward to jump as that was the way i was facing and i went head dive right haha straight towards a concrete floor about a 100 foot down. HMMM haha

Evan52395
02-27-2011, 03:33 PM
You might be pressing LT by accident now that I think about it because when you do you're no longer "in combat" so pressing X would lead to drawing your blades to have them be re-sheathed. Possibly?

Ass4ssin8me
02-28-2011, 12:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NumptyGS:

STUPIDNESS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, really?

It is a "Nooby question about skill".... He is talking about when you fail a counter, and Ezio puts his blades back, and then out again... It just means you Failed the counter, ad your timing was not right. So to fix this - Time your counter correctly.

eagleforlife1
02-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Slightly off topic but something I don't get is why when Altair/Ezio are climbing does the hidden blade not shoot out. And the same goes for when Ezio clenches his fist to signal his assassins?

NumptyGS
03-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Your missing what im saying haha i have done the acheivement by a long shot.

But it still does not really make sense as i stay locked on and if you press the X button whilst not close to an enemy the weapon vanishes sheathed or whatever.

So my point still being , if someone is next to you and you hit the button a quarter of a second wrong he dont counter but instead puts his weapon away? hmm ok haha

For those that think its a noobie thing it cant be cos on all other tests IE: Long kill streak i recently got 72 Kills (1min 30) straight with no hits as the Knife dont put itself away.

magesupermaster
03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Slightly off topic but something I don't get is why when Altair/Ezio are climbing does the hidden blade not shoot out. And the same goes for when Ezio clenches his fist to signal his assassins? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The hidden blades are built with a locking mechanism that locks the blade into place when not in use and when it is used.

EnterinPwnZone
03-05-2011, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NumptyGS:
Your missing what im saying haha i have done the acheivement by a long shot.

But it still does not really make sense as i stay locked on and if you press the X button whilst not close to an enemy the weapon vanishes sheathed or whatever
So my point still being , if someone is next to you and you hit the button a quarter of a second wrong he dont counter but instead puts his weapon away? hmm ok haha

For those that think its a noobie thing it cant be cos on all other tests IE: Long kill streak i recently got 72 Kills (1min 30) straight with no hits as the Knife dont put itself away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try to hold X instead of pressing it, don't hold it for a long time just when you see a guard attack, then hold it, when Ezio counters then stop holding it.

Ghostgas
03-19-2011, 01:55 AM
Anyone who hasn't had this happen is obviously too slow. This occurs in VR training when you wipe out a wave of enemies too fast. It then takes a while for the next wave to spawn and you are no longer locked on so when you go to hit an enemy it thinks you're sheathing. Just remember to lock on regularly.

obliviondoll
03-20-2011, 09:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghostgas:
Anyone who hasn't had this happen is obviously too slow. This occurs in VR training when you wipe out a wave of enemies too fast. It then takes a while for the next wave to spawn and you are no longer locked on so when you go to hit an enemy it thinks you're sheathing. Just remember to lock on regularly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or we might just be smart enough to lock on when a wave shows up that we're not already locked onto? I know I have been every time this happened to me (including the first time. I kind of expected it. Not sure why you didn't)