PDA

View Full Version : [PSA] A New Bug: Assassins get a Heavy from any Parry

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 08:26 PM
Straight from the horse's mouth. I've embedded the video to start at 8:53 where Pope talks about this bug with Assassins:

https://youtu.be/9B9YS4nAC_8?t=533

Apparently it entered the game at the same time as the Centurion infinite loop bug. They patched the Centurion loop with today's update but the Assassins bug fix will be released next week because the developers didn't want to cram it into this patch for fear of .... new bugs, I guess? They didn't really explain their reasoning very well.

So, we can all enjoy another lovely week of players abusing yet another exploit that was not acted upon in a timely manner by the dev team. Good times! My question is; why is For Honor's code so flimsy that new, very significant bugs are introduced into the fight system with almost every major update? There are indie games with much bigger and more major content updates that introduce less exploits than this triple A title.

DoctorMcBatman
04-26-2018, 08:30 PM
So, I read about this in a few places over the past few days. Last night I decided to try it out. I was not able to get free heavies after parrying with my PK.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 08:44 PM
So, I read about this in a few places over the past few days. Last night I decided to try it out. I was not able to get free heavies after parrying with my PK.
I must admit it came as a surprise to me when I heard it on the Den just now as I hadn't encountered anyone doing it in game but if the devs say it's a thing then it must be. I'll try and replicate it in the arena myself. I'm just really tired of exploits making it through with each update like a leaky siv.

All the more reason for me to keep avoiding pvp... first Conq exploit, then supermegalags since mid March in duels, then Cent exploit, now this.

At least they removed the leaver penalty. I can still go attempt pvp to test the new lag comp thing, but, for the remaining week I'll be leaving every duel where I see an assassin. I leave during the first 30secs anyway, not that the removal of the penalty would have affected that.
I always want to give the other player the benefit of the doubt. If they reach for an exploit during our fight then I simply don't rematch them but I can fully understand your approach as well. It's becoming really, really old now though the amount of exploits the devs allow to get through their QA process and into the live game. This is precisely why you have a QA team! Delay the bloody update even if it risks releasing with exploits, don't just let it fly and go "Oh well, we'll fix it with next week's patch.".

Even for the most optimistic of people this is still a sign of poor quality.

HazelrahFirefly
04-26-2018, 09:16 PM
Um, I've been playing nothing but PK and Shaman the last five days and this big doesn't exist. At least, not on PS4. Perhaps it is a PC thing?