PDA

View Full Version : Indicators for attacks that won't actually hit you

PepsiBeastin
04-26-2018, 12:37 AM
When locked on to someone that does not have you targeted, why do we still get indicators like we'll get hit by the attack? This just makes it more confusing when super spammy characters constantly swap targets, and their model flops everywhere to track each individual person. Why not have indicators for attacks not actually thrown at you be a different color?

Arekonator
04-26-2018, 12:53 AM
I would like the same thing but for exactly the opossite reason. Those sweeping (and sometimes unblockable) attack with wide hitboxes (raider zone, kensei...) that will hit you even when you are not the locked target, It means you cant parry them, and when its the unblockable, your only option is to dodge. But sometimes its hard to tell if that scary 70dmg hit is intended for you or the guy right behind you.
But it depends if locking of different target to cause colateral damage with unparryable unblockables is intended mechanic and i can see that might be the case, so indication that could make avoiding them triviall woudnt be desired.

PepsiBeastin
04-26-2018, 12:57 AM
I would like the same thing but for exactly the opossite reason. Those sweeping (and sometimes unblockable) attack with wide hitboxes (raider zone, kensei...) that will hit you even when you are not the locked target, It means you cant parry them, and when its the unblockable, your only option is to dodge. But sometimes its hard to tell if that scary 70dmg hit is intended for you or the guy right behind you.
But it depends if locking of different target to cause colateral damage with unparryable unblockables is intended mechanic and i can see that might be the case, so indication that could make avoiding them triviall woudnt be desired.

I'd say it's essentially the same reason, being able to differentiate between attacks that will and don't hit you.

Camemberto
04-26-2018, 07:28 AM
What's even more annoying is fighting in a 2v2 scenario when attack indicators will disappear because of some other distant attack somehow taking priority.
I've had this happen to me way to often. A Cent does his charges jab and the indicator shows up, then a Warden some 3 meters away does a zone attack (nowhere near hitting me) and the indicator of the Cent just completely disappears.

That really needs some looking at. I don't understand, why the game can't just show us multiple indicators at the same time, instead of only showing one and (most of the time) hiding the important ones.