PDA

View Full Version : Whatís up with the trash playstyle in Brawls lately?

Tirik22x
04-25-2018, 07:12 PM
4/5 Brawls I participate in anymore consist of ppl ganging up on me, rezing their partner, and just in general fighting with absolutely no honor.

Whatís up w that?

I will say, that itís going to make a great montage of whooping these cheesy punks tho XD

HazelrahFirefly
04-25-2018, 07:56 PM
Its Brawl mode?

I prefer Duels, even when Brawling, but I know at any second the honor system could break.

BlowHard74728
04-25-2018, 10:57 PM
It's how the game mode should be played.

UbiJurassic
04-25-2018, 11:08 PM
Everytime you go into a Brawl, you have to be ready for any scenario. Personally, like to play by the unofficial honor code, but I'm always keeping an eye on my surroundings with the expectation that I'll be ganked to secure the win. Always be prepared. ;)

Tirik22x
04-25-2018, 11:10 PM

Well, your name says it all... and it makes sense.

Some ppl gotta win somehow I guess.

Arekonator
04-26-2018, 12:17 AM
People are playing 2v2 as actual 2v2?

O U T R A G E O U S

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 12:22 AM
Make a post like this and sit back and watch the bads reveal themselves.

Priceless.

BarbeQMichael
04-26-2018, 12:22 AM
As long as there is no penaulty for ganking, revenge, ledging and such, you have to be prepared that the worse pair of duelists can and very likely will go nohonor. Don't know how it can take over year to fix it but I don't really care anymore.

Arekonator
04-26-2018, 12:35 AM
Make a post like this and sit back and watch the bads reveal themselves.

Priceless.

So playing 2v2 as 2v2 and not series of duels means you are bad? Damn, someone tell that to the guys playing 2v2 tournaments...

BlowHard74728
04-26-2018, 01:48 AM
If I wanted to have honorable fights continuously I would stick to 1v1. If you cant stand that way that people play 2v2 the way its supposed to be played then stick to 1v1. Im not going to sit there and watch as my teamate gets killed and then executed. But if thats how you want to do it then fine. Just dont get mad at people for playing it their way.

ChampionRuby50g
04-26-2018, 02:01 AM
Come on, really? Itís in the name itself, 2v2 not two 1v1s. When have you ever seen a brawl involving 4 people when the fighters just stand there looking at each other and then start fighting the other person once they knock their opponent out. Playing that way doesnít mean the other player is bad, and if you canít hanfle a 2v1, especially (too my knowledge) when Brawl still has revenge turned on, thatís more telling of your own skills than the other teams...

BlowHard74728
04-26-2018, 02:06 AM
Come on, really? Itís in the name itself, 2v2 not two 1v1s. When have you ever seen a brawl involving 4 people when the fighters just stand there looking at each other and then start fighting the other person once they knock their opponent out. Playing that way doesnít mean the other player is bad, and if you canít hanfle a 2v1, especially (too my knowledge) when Brawl still has revenge turned on, thatís more telling of your own skills than the other teams...

Literally why I prefer Dance of Death to stay.
In that its no questions its an actual 2v2 to the end. It doesnt end with someone complaining saying you played it unhonorably and all that junk.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 02:08 AM
There is no correct way to play Brawl. Just do your own thing and always be prepared to get ganged up on. The only time Brawl was played exclusively by honor rules was in the betas. I honestly miss those days as I like playing Brawl that way but I don't hold it against players that don't play it that way. I just adapt to the fight and if they gank then so do I.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 02:20 AM
Literally why I prefer Dance of Death to stay.
In that its no questions its an actual 2v2 to the end. It doesnt end with someone complaining saying you played it unhonorably and all that junk.
Dance of Death has a really toxic atmosphere to be honest, I don't get why people like it so much. Every match I play it's always filled with cheese tactics more than genuine 2v2 teamwork or skill.

The majority of matches is just a bunch of people running away from a 2v1 so as to safely burn as much time as possible for their buddy to respawn, an overabundance of picking characters with easily accessible CCs and unblockable melee attacks that make defending against a 2v1 almost impossible and emote spamming corpses when winning a round.

HazelrahFirefly
04-26-2018, 02:28 AM
Dance of Death has a really toxic atmosphere to be honest, I don't get why people like it so much. Every match I play it's always filled with cheese tactics more than genuine 2v2 teamwork or skill.

The majority of matches is just a bunch of people running away from a 2v1 so as to safely burn as much time as possible for their buddy to respawn, an overabundance of picking characters with easily accessible CCs and unblockable melee attacks that make defending against a 2v1 almost impossible and emote spamming corpses when winning a round.

Completely agree. Don't like DoD at all. I much prefer real brawls to it, and Duels more than both.

Brawls are definitely fun with a friend though.

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 02:29 AM

You read good.

I just said Iíve got tons of great 1v2 footage for a montage.

Itís easy to wreck ppl 1v2 with revenge. And Iíve been doing it consistently for the past several days. But I just remember brawl being a lot more honorable back at launch.

Iíve no problem with it, but it just goes to show most ppl are garbage, and have no honor. Thereís nothing more rewarding than smacking those type around then sending a ďGit gudĒ response to their tearful excuse.

aYPeEooTReK
04-26-2018, 03:05 AM
If people started a straight up 2v2 brawl at the beginning, I'd have no problem with it. Difference is that it's usually a bunch of sore losers that resort to it when they're losing and when it's least expected. People's egos get crushed when they lose at video games

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 03:08 AM
If people started a straight up 2v2 brawl at the beginning, I'd have no problem with it. Difference is that it's usually a bunch of sore losers that resort to it when they're losing and when it's least expected. People's egos get crushed when they lose at video games

Exactly.

fretti21
04-26-2018, 06:02 AM
I dont mind either way, but the new event mode dance of death should replace the old brawl system it was lot more fun and intensive or at least make it a third mode on duels and brawls.

ChampionRuby50g
04-26-2018, 06:09 AM
You read good.

I just said Iíve got tons of great 1v2 footage for a montage.

Itís easy to wreck ppl 1v2 with revenge. And Iíve been doing it consistently for the past several days. But I just remember brawl being a lot more honorable back at launch.

Iíve no problem with it, but it just goes to show most ppl are garbage, and have no honor. Thereís nothing more rewarding than smacking those type around then sending a ďGit gudĒ response to their tearful excuse.

If youíre gonna go on about my reading, I could go on about your sentence structure and pick apart that.

In your OP, you said nothing of 1v2 and only briefly said youíre keen to beat these punks. Iím simply highlighting the hypocrisy off complaining about been fought by multiple opponents in game mode that is 2v2, and saying they have No Honor when it is arguably the aim of the game mode to 2v2? People can still play however they want, if that is doing two 1v1s or a proper brawl. But donít go sooking when it doesnít go your way.

Arekonator
04-26-2018, 08:29 AM
"If you dont conform to my arbitraty self-imposed standard, then you are trash and garbage!"

Yeah, you are beacon of honor who we should all strive to follow.

Camemberto
04-26-2018, 09:36 AM
2v2 is meant to be played as a 2v2. End of discussion. The only reason, being ganged up on feels so horrible now, is the amount of CC-options an UBs now in the game.
I personally don't think that people were necessarily more honorable, but they had less access to a dishonorable playstyle, simply because the "old" movesets didn't allow it.

people will always be d!cks, just don't give them the tools and everything is (was) fine.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 03:31 PM
2v2 is meant to be played as a 2v2. End of discussion. The only reason, being ganged up on feels so horrible now, is the amount of CC-options an UBs now in the game.
I personally don't think that people were necessarily more honorable, but they had less access to a dishonorable playstyle, simply because the "old" movesets didn't allow it.

people will always be d!cks, just don't give them the tools and everything is (was) fine.
The original roster always had/have plenty of UB options to make a 2v1 a nightmare for the 1 being ganked.
- Warden SB
- Lawbro blockshove
- Raider shoulder charge
- Conq SB and running SB
- Shugoki hug
- Nobu kick

UB shove and CC options have always been there since the beginning, it's the mentality of the playerbase that changed. I would say that the majority of players in For Honor after Season 1 are much pettier, much more ego-driven and all around much more utterly desperate to get a win because they've connected their entire self esteem to winning at a video game. The playerbase during the alpha and betas were much more chill, much less ego-driven and were primarily there to have fun with each other rather than to be try hards. That's why Brawl was a more chilled environment back then compared to the toxic cesspit it generates now. It's entirely to do with the change in mentality of the playerbase.

EvoX.
04-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Haha, what? Brawls are meant to be played as a 2v2, that's why it's called Brawl not ''Two Duels''.

Though I'm never the first to attack, I play how my teammates/opponents play. The true aim of the mode, however, is a pair vs a pair.

CandleInTheDark
04-26-2018, 03:48 PM
As long as there is no penaulty for ganking, revenge, ledging and such, you have to be prepared that the worse pair of duelists can and very likely will go nohonor. Don't know how it can take over year to fix it but I don't really care anymore.

You'll be waiting a while as the devs don't see it as something that needs fixing. They have said, several times, that both ways of playing are valid and they are not going to dictate that it is played one way or the other, they also moved spawn points on some maps to put players together to enable (and in the words of the map designer, if I recall, encourage) those who prefer it 2v2 to do that.

Ultimately the game says 2v2 up top and leaves the rest to the players, there is one mode that guarantees 1v1 all day every day and that is the one that specifically says 1v1, anywhere else and you have to be ready for whatever happens.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 03:52 PM
Haha, what? Brawls are meant to be played as a 2v2, that's why it's called Brawl not ''Two Duels''.

Though I'm never the first to attack, I play how my teammates/opponents play. The true aim of the mode, however, is a pair vs a pair.
Every match starts by placing the players in two seperate lanes so an equal argument could be made for either playstyle. Brawl is what the players make of it, there is no such thing as "Brawl is only meant be played as [insert favourite playstyle here]..."

CandleInTheDark
04-26-2018, 04:34 PM
Every match starts by placing the players in two seperate lanes so an equal argument could be made for either playstyle. Brawl is what the players make of it, there is no such thing as "Brawl is only meant be played as [insert favourite playstyle here]..."

Not to argue with your main point (I agree with it) but the easy counter argument to that is the devs have put the players together on some maps. The problem is this isn't going to be something that goes away unless the devs put in another 2v2 mode that will attract the bulk of one group or another. This kind of thread comes up at least every couple months here and some reddit conversations have long chains over it that come up out of nowhere.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 04:41 PM
Not to argue with your main point (I agree with it) but the easy counter argument to that is the devs have put the players together on some maps. The problem is this isn't going to be something that goes away unless the devs put in another 2v2 mode that will attract the bulk of one group or another. This kind of thread comes up at least every couple months here and some reddit conversations have long chains over it that come up out of nowhere.
Indeed, it is an argument that can go on forever without going anywhere. On some maps the devs put the players together on others they don't. What that says to me is that they want to accommodate both playstyles without favouring one above the other. Therefore arguing that Brawl is an absolute is pointless in my opinion no matter which side argues it.

KitingFatKidsEZ
04-26-2018, 05:28 PM

^this

2v2 is objectively a better mode than duel because it automatically discourages turteling since if someone turtles his teammate might die or his opponent can just gank the other guy. I wish the maps would make the real 2v2 more accessable as well, sometimes you start sooo far apart.

Additionaly 1v2 is totally winnable (unlike 1v3 or 1v4) and without gearstats you dont get people constantly popping revenge. Objectively the most underrated mode of all.

If you want to duel --> play duel.

EvoX.
04-26-2018, 07:04 PM

False. Duel is 1v1 honorable match. Brawls is 2v2, the name itself is way more raw, unrefined and suggesting honor isn't really a part of it. Obviously players will do whatever they please, but that mode is not just for two 1v1's.

Tirik22x
04-26-2018, 08:29 PM
Your opinion is False, my opinion is fact. Duel is 1v1 honorable match. Brawls is 2v2, the name itself is way more raw, unrefined and suggesting honor isn't really a part of it. Obviously players will do whatever they please, but that mode is not just for two 1v1's.

Fixed it for you.

Vakris_One
04-26-2018, 08:54 PM
False. Duel is 1v1 honorable match. Brawls is 2v2, the name itself is way more raw, unrefined and suggesting honor isn't really a part of it. Obviously players will do whatever they please, but that mode is not just for two 1v1's.
How is it false when with your last sentence you actually agree with me?

"but that mode is not just for two 1v1's."

^ Pretty much what I said; that mode is not just for 2v2s nor is it just for 1v1s. It can accommodate both play styles.

Also, there is nothing implying "honour" about any of the names of the game modes, they are just names of game modes. Last time I checked the dictionary it didn't say that the word "Duel" means or implies "honour" nor did the word "Brawl" mean or imply that "honor" isn't a part of it. You're just inventing terms in your own head so that they more favourably suit your subjective opinion rather than the objective facts.

EvoX.
04-26-2018, 10:52 PM
How is it false when with your last sentence you actually agree with me?

"but that mode is not just for two 1v1's."

^ Pretty much what I said; that mode is not just for 2v2s nor is it just for 1v1s. It can accommodate both play styles.

Also, there is nothing implying "honour" about any of the names of the game modes, they are just names of game modes. Last time I checked the dictionary it didn't say that the word "Duel" means or implies "honour" nor did the word "Brawl" mean or imply that "honor" isn't a part of it. You're just inventing terms in your own head so that they more favourably suit your subjective opinion rather than the objective facts.

The mode is for 2v2's, not two separate duels. I didn't agree with you, I said that certain players choose to treat them as the latter. It's universally meant to be pair vs pair. The term ''real Brawls'', a.k.a 2v2, is thrown around quite often in above average to pro play, since... well, that's what the mode is and should be.

Fixed it for you.

You didn't fix jack, try not to vent your frustration from people playing the mode how it's actually meant to be played on people here, half your posts are offensive and condescending. As someone else said: if you want to duel, go do duels.

Don't bother replying, I know I won't.

Tirik22x
04-27-2018, 12:18 AM
The mode is clearly up for interpretation... but somehow, your opinion is the only one here that we all have to take as fact?

Lol gtfoh.

BlowHard74728
04-27-2018, 12:34 AM
To Vakris post earlier:

I would say the reason people enjoy it so much is because of the fast pace of the game mode. Its more intense than brawl. Of course I; like most people dont like the toxicity that people bring to dance of death. But I do rather enjoy the chaos that it holds.