PDA

View Full Version : Gladiatorís toe stab: why unparriable?

Tirik22x
04-25-2018, 06:47 PM
I love gladiator as a hero, I donít play him but I believe that his kit is a staple for what all heroes should strive to have.

With that, I just donít understand the idea behind having an unblockable that is unparriable. Why? Why add a move that defies the basic concept of counter-ability?

BTTrinity
04-25-2018, 06:58 PM
I love gladiator as a hero, I don’t play him but I believe that his kit is a staple for what all heroes should strive to have.

With that, I just don’t understand the idea behind having an unblockable that is unparriable. Why? Why add a move that defies the basic concept of counter-ability?

I mean, its counterable... just not with parrying, dodge it for free gb.

Tirik22x
04-25-2018, 07:06 PM
I mean, its counterable... just not with parrying, dodge it for free gb.

I understand that, but I just donít kno why theyíd go against the rest of the game with this one? It just doesnít make sense to me, and itís moves like that that will really frustrate new players bc they may not understand how theyíre goofing up.

UbiJurassic
04-25-2018, 07:13 PM
I love gladiator as a hero, I don’t play him but I believe that his kit is a staple for what all heroes should strive to have.

With that, I just don’t understand the idea behind having an unblockable that is unparriable. Why? Why add a move that defies the basic concept of counter-ability?

While a solid strength of the move is the fact that it is unparriable and unblockable, the move has very apparent weaknesses as well. The first is that the move comes out at a rather slow 600ms. Secondly, dodging it puts Gladiator in a very vulnerable position for you to get a free guardbreak, which in most cases will allow you to get a free heavy attack in. Conversely, if the Gladiator were to hit the toe stab, it only guarantees 10 damage with no opportunity for them to follow-up.

BarbeQMichael
04-25-2018, 11:00 PM
If he does it from neutral it is dodge-able as it's 600ms, but if he does it after an attack it is practically guaranteed because of hitsun. It is like shugoki's headbutt; guaranteed after light and creates spaces but this does hp damage instead of stamina.