PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorm wind issue affecting plane rotation. Has this been addressed?

_VR_ScorpionWorm
02-06-2006, 11:20 AM
~S~

I don't visit the ORR much so forgive me if this has been discussed and replied to.

My question relates to how the thunderstorm weather winds affect the plane while its on the tarmac/landingstrip. As most of you know when spawn in happens the plane immediatley rotates more than 90 degrees more or less depending on which way the crosswind comes from, in relation to which whay you are facing. I have to admit that this is becoming rather annoying, there are a 'few' ways around it, locking tailwheel helps at times, full brakes, a bit of power to prevent the plane from rotating but come on.

I'm taking a guess here since I am no physics expert but I can gather by common sense that there is no way winds can rotate a plane so much in its' direction as we see in game. Unless of course we are talking about serious winds in a hurricane, typhoon or tornado.

If any can respond or know of this issue being address can you kindly post a response? Be it "no we aren't so tough luck" or "its being looked into by the Developers".

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

_VR_ScorpionWorm
02-06-2006, 11:20 AM
~S~

I don't visit the ORR much so forgive me if this has been discussed and replied to.

My question relates to how the thunderstorm weather winds affect the plane while its on the tarmac/landingstrip. As most of you know when spawn in happens the plane immediatley rotates more than 90 degrees more or less depending on which way the crosswind comes from, in relation to which whay you are facing. I have to admit that this is becoming rather annoying, there are a 'few' ways around it, locking tailwheel helps at times, full brakes, a bit of power to prevent the plane from rotating but come on.

I'm taking a guess here since I am no physics expert but I can gather by common sense that there is no way winds can rotate a plane so much in its' direction as we see in game. Unless of course we are talking about serious winds in a hurricane, typhoon or tornado.

If any can respond or know of this issue being address can you kindly post a response? Be it "no we aren't so tough luck" or "its being looked into by the Developers".

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

berg417448
02-06-2006, 11:58 AM
This is annoying. I've noticed that even holding the brakes and locking the tailwheel doesn't work all of the time.