PDA

View Full Version : Orochi rework opinion

Playing_Mantis
04-23-2018, 12:40 PM
This is assuming he gets some update. but i want to suggest that i hope he doesn't get a whole rework with new skills but rather just make the skills he has work better. he is fun to play even tho its hard to win with him. so I'm just suggesting you keep his gameplay similar with tweaks such as an opener, faster side attacks, better recovery, and bla bla... you've been hearing feedback on how to improve them for a good year now so i won't add to your million page list of ideas, just keep him feeling the same but tuned up. :D

E1seNw0Lf
04-23-2018, 05:52 PM
Well, I HOPE he gets 2 or 3 new moves, because what he has right now, even if it gets buffed, is just bad / not enough (including bad recovery times on certain attacks/moves). With his current kit he can't go offensive!
By saying that I also mean more transitions between moves.
For example, it is beyond my understanding why he can't side dodge light > soft feint > storm rush stance (with attack direction matching dodge direction). From there u can storm rush let go, cancel it or go into gb.

What I want to see on all assassin reworks is a more reaction based & rewarded gameplay then it is now. For that they have to have a bit quicker on movement & recovery then non-assassins. And non-assassin heroes play should be more technical/strategic (e.g. thats what iframes are for).

Camemberto
04-26-2018, 08:35 AM
What the Orochi need is the ability to cancel recovery frames with dodges, because his recoveries are insanely long.
Also Riptide Strike needs proper dodge- or I-frames. Like hidden stance.
Also Riptide Strike could be hardfeinted or softfeinted with side lights or side heavies or a dodge.

That's all. No hyper armor, no unblockable, none of that bullsh!t.

Tyrjo
04-26-2018, 08:11 PM
I will be so sad if they give him unblockables and soft feints. We already have enough of that and it is making the characters similar to play. Just make him a better counter attacker.

Playing_Mantis
05-01-2018, 09:12 AM
yea but its not really fair he has none of this threat like all the others too. so he should have unblockables, opener, and stuff like the other classes. i just mean i don't want him to feel way different. just make his moves more viable and add some cool feints combos etc.. he really needs a chain with a light to heavy too. u can't even feint after you hit them with a light. even if it was light light heavy that would be cool where the top lights count as the first 2 lights in the chain. i hope he feels similar but much much more viable. and i agree his recovery times are pretty disgustingly bad..