PDA

View Full Version : What happened to .trk files?

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 06:57 PM
OK, I know I'm a couple days late with this...
Apparently FB 1.11 won't play back .TRK tracks recorded with earlier 1.1b patch. Since I just found this out this morning, before rushing to work, I haven't found out yet if older, training TRK's I've downloaded from various fan sites are likewise porked. If they are, this is a big deal.

Is there a work-around or fix for this? Has anyone created a stand-alone utility that will convert from TRK to NTRK format?

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 06:57 PM
OK, I know I'm a couple days late with this...
Apparently FB 1.11 won't play back .TRK tracks recorded with earlier 1.1b patch. Since I just found this out this morning, before rushing to work, I haven't found out yet if older, training TRK's I've downloaded from various fan sites are likewise porked. If they are, this is a big deal.

Is there a work-around or fix for this? Has anyone created a stand-alone utility that will convert from TRK to NTRK format?

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Hi SliderMark

This was my main concern before installing the patch, and if you do a "search" on the forum uo'll find that there's a solution.

Go back to your 1.0 FB and replay your TRK files (recorded with that version of the game) while you replay them start a quick record (look for the default key on control's menu), stop the recording at least a couple of minutes before the actual replay end (this is also true when quickrecording during actual gameplay) so the resulting NTRK won't have "hiersmesh" problems.

Your new NTRK file named quick001.NTRK will be viewable in any future version of the game.

The only drawback is that file size increases a lot, a 400 Kb TRK turns into a 6 Mb file, but that's a small price to pay to preserve your memories.

If you have TRK files recorded with the patched FB do the same procedure once you have reinstalled the corresponding patch.

Good flight to you !

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the reply, jagaetev.
I thought I'd seen that method mentioned a few days ago, but lost my place in the forum. Until you pointed it out, I had completely overlooked the "Search forum" feature!

I just did a re-install of original FB version, which I've copied to a renamed folder for safekeeping. Now I'll be able to reconstitute any patch version without losing the ability to "downgrade".

SliM