PDA

View Full Version : Some Benchmarking

FM_Golden_Eagle
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I tested my new rig recently. For those who would like to compare benchmarks, I have some FPS numbers with the latest 4.05 (Pe-2 extension)I just bought from ubisoft.

I used the Black Death track, and to mesure frames I use FRAPS.

The game options are all set to max in Open GL mode, with stencil buffer.

Screen resolution is set to 1920X1600X32 (by setting it directly in the config file) which is the native resolution of the LCD screen.
The image is on a 24" LCD screen.
Antialising is set to 4X and Anisotropic filtering to 4X. Image quality is set to "Quality".
Transparency antialising is set to "Supersampling".
Buffering is set to "Triple Buffering"
Vertical Sync is set to ON and will limit FPS to 60 Hz max as this is the refresh rate of the LCD screen.
Water is set to 3, Forest is set to 3.
And I have installed the dll that generate white foam on the water crests. Here it does not bring anything as the weather is good.

The graphic card is an ASUS 7900 GTX Nvidia PCI-Express card (512 MB memory) with the 84.21 driver.

The card is set with core clock at 686 Mhz and memory clock at 1700 MHz (2 X 850 Mhz)

The processor is an Intel P955 EX with clock set at 3.7 Ghz. Memory is 2GB DDR2800 Corsair with low latency.

Chipset is intel 975X.

I run Windows XP Professional with SP2.

The result is:

Average FPS is 45. When the image is not very crowded it jumps to 55/60.
In the worst cases with very crowded images with a lot of action, explosions, firing from planes and ground etc it manages between 28/35 FPS but only briefly and then immediately goes up to 40/45.

And never I experience any stuttering. The whole track runs perfectly smooth.

Any comments are welcome.

Gold

FM_Golden_Eagle
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I tested my new rig recently. For those who would like to compare benchmarks, I have some FPS numbers with the latest 4.05 (Pe-2 extension)I just bought from ubisoft.

I used the Black Death track, and to mesure frames I use FRAPS.

The game options are all set to max in Open GL mode, with stencil buffer.

Screen resolution is set to 1920X1600X32 (by setting it directly in the config file) which is the native resolution of the LCD screen.
The image is on a 24" LCD screen.
Antialising is set to 4X and Anisotropic filtering to 4X. Image quality is set to "Quality".
Transparency antialising is set to "Supersampling".
Buffering is set to "Triple Buffering"
Vertical Sync is set to ON and will limit FPS to 60 Hz max as this is the refresh rate of the LCD screen.
Water is set to 3, Forest is set to 3.
And I have installed the dll that generate white foam on the water crests. Here it does not bring anything as the weather is good.

The graphic card is an ASUS 7900 GTX Nvidia PCI-Express card (512 MB memory) with the 84.21 driver.

The card is set with core clock at 686 Mhz and memory clock at 1700 MHz (2 X 850 Mhz)

The processor is an Intel P955 EX with clock set at 3.7 Ghz. Memory is 2GB DDR2800 Corsair with low latency.

Chipset is intel 975X.

I run Windows XP Professional with SP2.

The result is:

Average FPS is 45. When the image is not very crowded it jumps to 55/60.
In the worst cases with very crowded images with a lot of action, explosions, firing from planes and ground etc it manages between 28/35 FPS but only briefly and then immediately goes up to 40/45.

And never I experience any stuttering. The whole track runs perfectly smooth.

Any comments are welcome.

Gold