PDA

View Full Version : Body Modifications

bananenslip
04-21-2018, 09:24 PM
So i asked me if we can choose to moddify our character.
we see it in severall pictures that they are tattooed or pierced, why we shouldnt do this with our own character?

Shawnie have a skull on her neck
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/ubicomstatic/en-us/global/media/ubicom-bge2-screenshot-shani-thumbnail-02-712x712_293607.jpg

The panda have a aztektribal on his dekoltee with nipple pircings
https://sm.ign.com/ign_es/screenshot/default/bge2-smp-panda-hybrid-940x480_umf1.jpg

Our lovly Pig have tatoos over his arms
https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/beyond-good-and-evil-2.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

so i ask me why they are no other tatoos or body hacks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8halYmcow
we have no limmits, so why we dont use it in BGE2?

Do you have other Ideas? :confused:

DevilmanSinner
04-22-2018, 08:01 AM
I think it'd be cool if tattoos are designable like decals in Forza Horizon. Also having certain piercings and jewelry be exclusive to certain cities, planets and cultures would be essential to keeping exploration meaningful and identities interesting.

ElPrimordial
04-22-2018, 06:14 PM
I just hope all these stuff wouldn't blocked after a paywall aka microtransactions.

Legion-495
04-24-2018, 06:43 PM
I just hope all these stuff wouldn't blocked after a paywall aka microtransactions.

I would think that a bigger issue is if they can do so much detail in this time.
I imagine it is already a lot of work to make the hybrids themselfs. I think the selection won't be so small.
Now we may also have to factor in that maybe each hybrids and % of hybrids DNA characters need their own clothing too.
That sums up to a ton of work just for that.

But uh we havn't had any "Devs Ask Space Monkies" regarding this yet. So this section is a big questionmark anyway.

KIERROK
04-24-2018, 08:42 PM
One thing I wonder, is how would tattoos work with fur? Piercings I can understand, but tattoos would be kind of odd with furry animals, like cats or dogs, but hybrids with little to no hair, like Rhinos, Elephants, walruses or pigs, I can see.

Legion-495
04-25-2018, 08:51 AM
One thing I wonder, is how would tattoos work with fur? Piercings I can understand, but tattoos would be kind of odd with furry animals, like cats or dogs, but hybrids with little to no hair, like Rhinos, Elephants, walruses or pigs, I can see.

There has been the shaving patterns idea or straight up colored (coloured if you want :cool:) fur.
I prefer those ideas since a tattoo is more or less permanent. So with color and the shaving we actually would have a reason to visit some kind or barber^^
Now I know there is the burning it away with lasers but this just seems like a bad solution.
Also I honestly doubt that the lower class got any of that gear. I doubt it will be much cheaper in the future.

Ganet2
04-25-2018, 09:41 AM
First of all... thank you for using the british spelling for coloured, Legion. XP

But in all seriousness fur dying would indeed probably be better with furred hybrids. Not sure how you'd do it for your reptilian hybrids since I have a feeling tattooing doesn't work well on scales. Since they did show a crocodile. Perhaps some sort of war paint or some such instead? I could be overthinking it.

Also on another note cybernetics would be awesome... fairly sure Dakini's forearm was cybernetic.

Legion-495
04-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Warpaint seems logical.

Well I would go as far as saying that if you screw up really bad you might lose a limb so you are forced to use cybernetics and that reflects your decisions a lot. Be it good or bad ones.
I agree with you on Dakini.

Ganet2
04-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Mm. That'd be cool.

I feel like cybernetics will be easier for human characters as far as development goes but would seriously like to see them for every species as broad as that might be. A hope more than an expectation.

bananenslip
04-25-2018, 07:00 PM
IPhone implants XD