PDA

View Full Version : VR mode for BGE2?

kryger45
04-19-2018, 04:49 PM
As far as we saw the world of BGE2 is huge, and it would be really awesome to experience this in VR.
So maybe it is a bit early to ask for it, but is there any plans for supporting VR?

Legion-495
04-19-2018, 09:49 PM
Let a VR game be a VR game and a normal one a normal one.
There are games that are made for VR and then there is a slap on addon like Bethesda does it because the games were never meant to do VR.
Things have to be made for the very limited VR we have right now. Maybe if we get "Ready Player One" kind of VR.
At this point I would think if you want a VR version you might as well make a second game because VR clearly is limited by hardware.
I could however see that you could maybe take 360 photos and save them to look at those in VR.

And then there are controls. As of date VR controls come with less buttons. I do not see it very realistic to have VR for this game. BGE is to my knowledge a third person view game and I have not heard of any changes in fact it shall carry over many of the BGE aspects into BGE2, so it probably doesn't make any sense.
There are other teams in Ubisoft Montpellier working on a VR game right now.
VR is very niche at this moment too so Ubisoft will probably not make any too big titles for VR.
And BGE2 is a very big one.
Also I do not like the idea to get development time lost in a half backed VR solution.

To set my final opinion here. I do not think VR fits any games that are out there right now.
VR games have to be made for VR to feel good and need much polish. And even those are rare right now.
And yes I do own a Rift and tried Vive for that matter. Ubisoft is clearly pushing VR. StarTrek Bridge Crew is very well made.

ElPrimordial
04-20-2018, 05:03 PM
I think it would depend on the success of the normal version, similar case of Fallout VR and other titles. More likely BGE 2 team its only focused on normal version for now, when they finish it perhaps they will consider a VR edition, depending on how the market of this stuff has evolved in the next couple years.

bananenslip
04-21-2018, 08:54 PM
using VR just for look around is ok but full VR to use with VR controllers are not well for it i think.
its just a hype like 3D in TV, it came and goes.
4k is a must have on other side ;)

Legion-495
08-15-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm aware I'm doing a necro here, but now that E3 comes to a close and Cyberpunkg 2077 - a game I was really looking forward to - has basically died for me because it's First Person, and I get dizzy and disoriented very quickly in that perspective.

Now, VR games are first person, almost exclusively, because there's this "you are this person" effect that some people seem to be so fond of.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 should be THIRD PERSON, it should be developed for third person, and it shouldn't waste development time on a first person mode (for aiming, maybe). Hence, no VR please. Sorry.

And I would be sad if I could not look at my created character in a 3rd person perspective^^

Niktastic
09-17-2018, 12:31 AM
Hellblade worked really well in VR. It is also a third person game. Don't see why that wouldn't work for BG&E2.

individual.1
09-23-2018, 11:29 AM
3rd Person Vr Games
- Edge of Nowhere
- Chronos
- Hellblade
- Bombsquad
- Super Lucky’s Tale
- Landfall
- Moss
- Everspace (1st & 3rd)

The list goes on and all of these games have surprised people who thought that VR should be first person only.

individual.1
09-23-2018, 11:38 AM
I remember buying a 4K TV to game on in 2013 at great cost, the internet was ablaze with comments about it been too expensive and how 1080p is more than good enough for HD gaming.
4k is fad like 3D TV. Fast forward to 2018 and I no longer see those posts anymore.

VR will be a similar story when all the tech pieces fall in place:
Cost, Affordable Tech, Support.
Lets all meet back here in 5 years and see what's been said.

PS. 8K monitors are out this year. Are they a fad?