PDA

View Full Version : Should For honor add a new mechanic in?

RenegadeTX2000
04-18-2018, 10:22 PM
we have undodgeable attacks that glow blue. how about if they made certain moves unparryable that glow purple or red? I think it would be great to add especially on a possible rework of shugoki.

Jrock42_
04-18-2018, 10:57 PM
That would break the game. Like massively break the game. Duels would suffer the least. 4v4 game modes would be hell

RenegadeTX2000
04-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Just a mechanic only for Shugoki, and of course adjust that if you are already in the middle of a parry of another attack, the new attack would still get parried if you are parrying multiple attacks. but by itself can't be parried. There would be a way to fix that.

Also unblockables in 4v4's already break the game in the mode lol.

Alustar.
04-18-2018, 11:59 PM
Wait, we have undodgable attacks now!?

Arekonator
04-19-2018, 12:16 AM

Zerker and Orochi dodge attacks from the top of my head, not sure if more.

EDG_Avocado
04-19-2018, 12:24 AM
perfect idea. maybe a sniper with a lock on rocket launcher as his heavy?

Alustar.
04-19-2018, 01:09 AM

Huh, I've never seen them glow blue, though.

RenegadeTX2000
04-19-2018, 01:13 AM
Warlord also has the undodgeable mechanic from attacking out of all guard.

Arekonator
04-19-2018, 02:08 AM
Huh, I've never seen them glow blue, though.

It looks more like blue ghost they leave behind as they move, not that attack itself is glowing.

Alustar.
04-19-2018, 11:45 AM
It looks more like blue ghost they leave behind as they move, not that attack itself is glowing.

Oh right! I thought that was an effect of a feint or something. Huh, noted, that might actually help me against them.

SpaceJim12
04-19-2018, 11:51 AM

Really! Never heard of it!

And how it work? I saw Orochi blue glow from light top, but don't think it's undodgeable? If someone desided to dodge this attack, Orochi still hit?

Illyrian_King
04-19-2018, 01:42 PM
we have undodgeable attacks that glow blue. how about if they made certain moves unparryable that glow purple or red? I think it would be great to add especially on a possible rework of shugoki.

Of course!

Not all Heroes can be fixed with the very same tools, and especially Heavy Classes like Lawbee, Raider and the Fat Man should get new mechanics like stuff to defend themselves from parries.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2018, 02:22 PM
I don't think that would be healthy for the game and it imo would just make goki even worse design wise.
undogable attacks are fine because they can be baited and parried. and they counter one of the most prevelent tools of escaping mix ups easily. dodging.
If you have a move that can't be parried you're basically forcing a dodge. which would be a free GB. and if they can just block the hit it doesn't do anything.

SpaceJim12
04-19-2018, 02:31 PM
If you have a move that can't be parried you're basically forcing a dodge. which would be a free GB. and if they can just block the hit it doesn't do anything.

Well you can perform this free GB only if that attack will be canceled. So if attack unparryable, you just can't cancel it. That's all.
I think that all assassins must not allow to parry attacks at all. It help diversify gameplay and bring something new to the game. And it could be more realistic, cause you deffenetly can't stop Goki or LB weapon with daggers or classic katana.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Well you can perform this free GB only if that attack will be canceled. So if attack unparryable, you just can't cancel it. That's all.
I think that all assassins must not allow to parry attacks at all. It help diversify gameplay and bring something new to the game. And it could be more realistic, cause you deffenetly can't stop Goki or LB weapon with daggers or classic katana.

I already mentioned in my own thread a week ish ago about removing standard parry on assassins and making their deflect functionally a parry but just on dodge.
realism has no place in for honor. period. It's a fantasy game. Practically nothing in this game is accurate from a historical perspective or a combat perspective.

Devils-_-legacy
04-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Ngl taking away parry would be a huge mistake for the game as a assassins deflect is a hugely situational move that is ineffective when it comes to 1 v x situation specially for dominon probably would work for duel tho I get people people want heavy's to get a buff but a rework would work better then taking away a core game mechanic from a whole archetype this is like sticking a band-aid on the issue

Alustar.
04-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Going to piggy back on Legacy, that's just asking for assassins to get sit on, unless they allow us to tech guard breaks from a dodge I do not support that idea one bit.

Charmzzz
04-19-2018, 03:01 PM
Going to piggy back on Legacy, that's just asking for assassins to get sit on, unless they allow us to tech guard breaks from a dodge I do not support that idea one bit.

I like that idea. Give Assassins the Raider trait of techable GB while dodging and remove parry. Sounds good imo. Would really give Assassins and static guard Characters standalone features.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Ngl taking away parry would be a huge mistake for the game as a assassins deflect is a hugely situational move that is ineffective when it comes to 1 v x situation specially for dominon probably would work for duel tho I get people people want heavy's to get a buff but a rework would work better then taking away a core game mechanic from a whole archetype this is like sticking a band-aid on the issue

Considering you can multi deflect now not really. All that's needed now is to make the delay on start up frames for deflect gone so it's equal to parries activation.
It's not something that needs to happen. But I explained it in my thread better.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2018, 03:06 PM

Being able to tech a GB mid dodge would just buff assassins far too much unless their dodge recoveries were balanced out. It's absolutely fine on raider because the rest of his kit is meh. But dodging is one of the 2 key counters to a mix up. And by allowing assassins with their dodge recoveries to tech GB's mid dodge you'd basically be making them un punishable.

Devils-_-legacy
04-19-2018, 03:13 PM
Im **** at explaining my point But a parry stopps all attacks so you can then go on the offensive for a few seconds or create a bit of space the deflect doesn't if it stopped a combo or even gave you a way to use zone attack from deflect to create some breathing room then id love it i use deflect more then parry but as deflect as it is now being able to chain a deflect before you attack doesn't do anything as you could do that before lol they just increased the window if they removed parry from assassins at least make deflect have some defense properties or assassins are at a major disadvantage in group fight by having a decaying guard and no parry would make dominon so unplayable

Devils-_-legacy
04-19-2018, 03:16 PM
And the cgb during dodge won't work as that is the biggest weakness to assassins and they need something that makes them vulnerable

Knight_Raime
04-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Im **** at explaining my point But a parry stopps all attacks so you can then go on the offensive for a few seconds or create a bit of space the deflect doesn't if it stopped a combo or even gave you a way to use zone attack from deflect to create some breathing room then id love it i use deflect more then parry but as deflect as it is now being able to chain a deflect before you attack doesn't do anything as you could do that before lol they just increased the window if they removed parry from assassins at least make deflect have some defense properties or assassins are at a major disadvantage in group fight by having a decaying guard and no parry would make dominon so unplayable

In my thread I believe my stated changes were:
~make the activation delay on deflect the same as parry.
~Can stop combos with deflect.
~can deflect unblockables.

Basically the easiest way to put it would be you are making deflect functionally the same as parry but it's activated on dodge rather than on heavy attack.
Again not saying this had to happen. Just clarifying.

and here is the thread I made by the way. if you're only interested in the assassin changes i've proposed (because there is more) it's towards the bottom.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1867853-On-the-topic-of-parries-and-punishments-(some-ideas-at-the-end)?p=13433878#post13433878

Devils-_-legacy
04-19-2018, 03:45 PM
It was more a reply to what has been said in this thread but I like those ideas I'll have a read through later. like I said tho deflect as it is now more of an offensive tool then a defensive so it would need some sort of change if they change it to assassins main port of defense.

Knight_Raime
04-19-2018, 03:55 PM
It was more a reply to what has been said in this thread but I like those ideas I'll have a read through later. like I said tho deflect as it is now more of an offensive tool then a defensive so it would need some sort of change if they change it to assassins main port of defense.

agreed.

RenegadeTX2000
04-19-2018, 04:34 PM
How is adding this in for characters like Shugoki a bad thing? Slow characters like him need things like this to differentiate themselves. "if you dodge" same can be said for unblockables. Unblockables would still be better then what I'm suggesting, but for Shugoki to have certain moves that wide arc like this and cause unparryable situation which would make him a great crowd control character and would make sense of giving him something like this. You see how big this man is? lol If he swings everybody should move out the way anyway.

On paper Unblockables>>>What I'm suggesting. And once you see it enough you'd probably adjust a two or thing around beating moves that would grant him unparryable mechanic.

Devils-_-legacy
04-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't make his cc better would make that one move the best cc move in the game purely because it has one counter dodge that could be used into a free gb by anyone in 2vx situation.

SpaceJim12
04-19-2018, 05:15 PM
I already mentioned in my own thread a week ish ago about removing standard parry on assassins and making their deflect functionally a parry but just on dodge.
realism has no place in for honor. period. It's a fantasy game. Practically nothing in this game is accurate from a historical perspective or a combat perspective.

But still it could make gameplay more interesting.=)
Class need their own tricks and weak/strong sides. And now while hyperarmor belong not only heavies it's really not much diversity in classes in For Honor. As I see this, counter attacks (like HL and Warden have) could be something for vanguards, unparryable attacks for heavy and speed/dodges for assassins.

I like that idea. Give Assassins the Raider trait of techable GB while dodging and remove parry. Sounds good imo. Would really give Assassins and static guard Characters standalone features.

I really think guaranteed GB should be remove from game. Maybe with some additions to it, like make period to reaction smaller.
Sometimes people on this forum thing every move must be punishable, but if someone use your attack to dodge and put dagger in your ribs, so...
Maybe this will be bad for balance, but free GB in this game just make me confused.

Devils-_-legacy
04-19-2018, 05:22 PM
(Sometimes people on this forum thing every move must be punishable) otherwise if there's no punish for a move it would be a free win lol