PDA

View Full Version : Hardball's ac viewer; does it work in Vista?

Ed6269
06-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know if it's a corrupt download or the program doesn't run in Vista.
Thanks all

Ed6269
06-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know if it's a corrupt download or the program doesn't run in Vista.
Thanks all

Ba5tard5word
06-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Someone just asked this a day or two ago but the topic seems to be gone probably due to the forum getting totally messed up........

Anyway yes it is possible, I think you need to download a .dll file and put it in a certain windows folder. When you try to run Hardball's do you get an error message saying something about a .dll? Google that .dll and try to find somewhere you can download it, I think you can get one from a Microsoft website. Then put it wherever .dll's go and then the program should work. If you can't figure it out I'll look into what needs to be done, it's been a while since I installed it in Vista and Windows 7. In any case if you can't figure it out post the error message you're getting here.

wheelsup_cavu
06-17-2010, 04:49 PM
There's two version of the v4.09m viewer.
Did you try the standalone version ?

Wheels

Ed6269
06-17-2010, 07:38 PM
It's an issue with the DLL. I'm deciding whether to fool with finding the missing one, or just using Il2 compare. Thanks

Ba5tard5word
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Really all you have to do is download the .dll from Microsoft and put it wherever .dll's go, some folder in Windows.

I like Hardball's viewer because it gives you the top speed in a clear number, whereas Il2Compare's speed curves are rather hard to decipher. Also Hardball's gives you weapon loadouts and ammo counts which I don't think Il2Compare does for every plane though they do have some data on that I think. But Il2Compare can be updated manually with new data like for the UP planes.

Did they really ever upgrade it to 4.09? That would be sweet.