PDA

View Full Version : 4v4 is 50/50

Archeun
04-16-2018, 10:49 PM
Dominion is basically the following. You get a good team and win. You get a bad team and you lose. The game has dissolved into a gankfest with tons of unblockables. I've noticed parrying has become much easier for my opponents. Not all of them naturally but some people I literally can't get a attack off without them parrying me. I've complained about this more than once and I'd love to know how it's so easy. I've played this game for a year now and I don't parry at anywhere close to the rate of many players I've run into lately. Unfortunately, cheating is possible in the game. I've played against individuals who as soon as I engage them I begin to move oddly as their hits come and get passed me; almost like a lag issue. The odd part is it's generally ONLY against that player. I've yet to figure out how you can tell the difference between someone cheating and a amazing player who can react instantly to 90% of your attacks.

I love this game but every day the games I get into are so un-enjoyable; I'm starting to come to the sad decision that uninstall might be the best way to deal with it. The devs don't seem invested in fixing the game but they certainly feel invested in ensuring that new Steel outfits are available each week.

bmason1000
04-16-2018, 11:54 PM
Dominion is basically the following. You get a good team and win. You get a bad team and you lose.
Are you citing this as an issue?

Waxfacts
04-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Are you citing this as an issue?
It could be seen as a team balancing issue. Deathball is really my biggest problem with the gamemode. We need a revenge buff. Maybe something that also puts into account the amount of enemies attacking you.

SpaceJim12
04-17-2018, 09:45 AM
Well, I can't believe that people can block or parry everything. And I believe that still could be cheaters, or it's mostly lag issue.
For now I really wait for lag compensation to see what's up next. If I see any good changes in gameplay or something really cool and new for season 6, I'll make my plan for this game for future.
I really want For Honor to stay as live-long game, but now I see less and less reasons to launch it day to day.

Tirik22x
04-17-2018, 12:02 PM
So the good team beats the bad team..?

I donít believe it. There is NO WAY that itís true...

The good teammmm... beats the bad teammmm? Iím going to have to look into this further. Iíve never heard of the better team winning. Thatís insane.

And you mean to tellllll me, that with two possible outcomes, that youíre either going to win, or youíre going to lose?

Like, 50% chance... either way?

Whoa.

Vakris_One
04-17-2018, 04:13 PM
Dominion is basically the following. You get a good team and win. You get a bad team and you lose.
That's generally how team based modes are supposed to work yes. The issue in For Honor's Dominion mode however is how little effort is needed to just run around and gank. A mediocre team simply needs to gather together and run around ganking until the point gains and feat unlocks snowballs them to an unnassailable lead.

The odd part is it's generally ONLY against that player. I've yet to figure out how you can tell the difference between someone cheating and a amazing player who can react instantly to 90% of your attacks.
If they're using a lag switch they're easy to spot because they will be the only one that's teleporting all over the place every time you fight them. The ones who use parry bots are harder to notice but a dead giveaway is if they consistently parry a 400ms zone. Even the best players can only parry a 400/500ms zone if they predict it but not on pure reaction.

SpaceJim12
04-17-2018, 04:41 PM
If they're using a lag switch they're easy to spot because they will be the only one that's teleporting all over the place every time you fight them. The ones who use parry bots are harder to notice but a dead giveaway is if they consistently parry a 400ms zone. Even the best players can only parry a 400/500ms zone if they predict it but not on pure reaction.

I still want to believe it's due to lags. Cause sometimes I see people who can parry absolutly everything. Even in 1vX fights.
Situation may change, when we actually see our on ping and opponents ping.

Helnekromancer
04-17-2018, 04:44 PM
There needs to be more objectives in these 4v4 game modes, especially Dominion. One of the reasons why this game modes devolved to this state is because after you cap the points the only thing else to do is spawn camp the enemy team, and if someone sneaks pass them they just bring the gank squad back and do it all over again.

They also need to the points gained from killing people in a gank squad because that squad also gets their Feats extremely early into the game. If those players who are ganking get little from it other than taking out a player, ganking will be less appealing. That or lower the respawn timing, 10s for deaths and 15s for execution is a lot of time not doing anything but watching when there's only 4 to a team.

Wish they had AI bots fight with you, because 8 people on most of these maps have HUGE empty spots where nothing happens.

SpaceJim12
04-17-2018, 05:38 PM
Well, this just hit my mind, but why Dominion couldn't be same as objectives based mode in Battlefront 2?
No capture and recapture zones, but real objectives like ram and other siege weapons. While attackers team need to load them and fire, defenders team must not allow this. If attackers have 3+ siege weapons loaded and fired, so frontline move closer to defenders spawn zone.
And to compeate destroy any sense of gunking, just give both teams number of soldiers. Like, 100 units for attackers and 150 units for defenders, so every spawn for hero means -1 unit. And if any of the team loose all units, they lost. And while defenders have more units it's just loose strategy for attackers try to fight defenders.

What do you think?

Archeun
04-17-2018, 09:36 PM
@Vakris_One....Thanks for the information.