PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Dominion?

SpaceJim12
04-16-2018, 03:14 PM
I just copy my thread from another part of forum. Just want to know what actual players think about it.

I noticed that much more rounds of Dominion end up with very strange results nowadays.
For example yesterday me and my friend play the round where enemy team use gunk tactic. We captured zones, stand there, but every single time enemies came together in the zone and we should went help to someone to hold the zone. We did it pretty well, but first died enemy just respawn and start capturing our zones, and when we came to take it back (splited up again) they chose another zone and go full team there. And everything happend again. If we try to stay like 3/1 to not let them captured our zones, this one who tried just help their teammates to gunk. And while they have 11 rep Shaman with 180 gear and 30+ rep Nobushi they can destroy us in 3v4 fights (i played LB 2 rep 60 gear and my friend have Shinobi 5 rep, while other two were Goki 2 rep and Bers 3 rep).
So we end up with capturing zone A and lost two other zones. And we're broken, lost 200 points and become 600 vs 1000. And then we have not so much options. If we went to capture another zone together, we will loose zone where we stand (so no big difference), and if we send someone to capture zones while others hold up current zone, he will be destroyed by gunk squad and - 1 player, 3v4 and you know.
But most times this gunkers even can't kill us after broken. That happend this time as well. Whole time before points loose (3+ min) they came to our zone, try feats and everything to win, but we just crushed them again and again.
So in the end our team have 4000 overall personal points, almost 80 overall kills and only 7 deathes, and we have 15 objectives. And we loose. The question is...why? Why mode about holding zones could be lost by team who actualy held zones? Only one thing that was better for enemies is 17 objectives to our 15, but this is two zones they captured in the end.

And this kind of matches happend oftener and oftener.

ArmoredChocobo
04-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Sounds to me like you’re expecting to hold just one zone and win.

They held more zones than you, working as intended.

SpaceJim12
04-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Sounds to me like you’re expecting to hold just one zone and win.

No, we held two zones most of the time. But problem is, we were splited up. and when gunksquad came to the zone, we left our owns to help, and respawn enemy captured zones while we fight.
We went close 800 vs 800 points, and then one time we left zone A to help on B, one of us stand on A, one enemy recaptured zone C (middle), we defended our zone B and than go to C. And than enemy team gunked our teammate on B, so we loose 200 points and got broken, and then they came to C, so we should retreat to A and regrope. And than happend what I described.

So the result was we couldn't split up, cause enemy gunk us, and we couldn't group up, cause than they use first dead person respawned and recapture zones.
So we were better than them in everything, but this stupid system +/- 100 points play on hand by gunkers all the time. Cause they don't need to hold zones, just need to recapture them again and again, while they broke enemy team and gunk them 1 by 1 or full 4. But they were to bad to kill us 4v4.

SpaceJim12
04-16-2018, 04:36 PM
They held more zones than you, working as intended.

17 objectives and 15 on our side. Don't be stupid, we not trying to hold one zone... =_=

bmason1000
04-16-2018, 04:56 PM
No, we held two zones most of the time. But problem is, we were splited up. and when gunksquad came to the zone, we left our owns to help, and respawn enemy captured zones while we fight. This is partially your problem. If you're on smaller maps, leaving someone in a zone for too long can put the rest of the group at a disadvantage. Capture the zone, and then leave it. This will group your team together, but can force your opponent to split up. If they don't split up, that's fine, you're grouped as well. If they do split up and take that zone, that's fine too. You are grouped, and you can easily take it back when they're dead.

On larger maps, hold them a little longer. If your teammates are fighting alllll the way on the other side, just leave them. If you leave to help, you wont be fast enough, and you will all die. When the enemy team kills your friends and captures the zone, they will either all leave or split up. It is now easier for your team to take it back. Sometimes you have to lose a zone to gain an advantage.

The point is, you have to know when to group, when to hold, when to leave, and when to let your friends be killed. Are your 3 teammates fighting one person? Don't join them. You're more useful somewhere else. Is one teammate fighting 3 opponents, at 1/4 health, far away? Let him die. You can't save him, and they'll kill you too.

The game you described sounds just fine to me. They just played smarter than you. Think about what they did and what you can learn from it. Try adapting their strategy to your group.

SpaceJim12
04-16-2018, 05:48 PM
This is partially your problem. If you're on smaller maps, leaving someone in a zone for too long can put the rest of the group at a disadvantage. Capture the zone, and then leave it. This will group your team together, but can force your opponent to split up. If they don't split up, that's fine, you're grouped as well. If they do split up and take that zone, that's fine too. You are grouped, and you can easily take it back when they're dead.

So the whole point is to play like our opponents, wait who will be the first split up? It's...wrong, I think. Same thing now happens in Heroes of the Storm, where two teams go mid, and it's only question of will who first go farm lines.

The point is, you have to know when to group, when to hold, when to leave, and when to let your friends be killed. Are your 3 teammates fighting one person? Don't join them. You're more useful somewhere else. Is one teammate fighting 3 opponents, at 1/4 health, far away? Let him die. You can't save him, and they'll kill you too.

But while I stand in the zone with my friend and see how 4 people cruely crush one on B, what should we do? Let him die? But this mean, that next they go to man on C or to us on A. And we died as well. And if we group up with this guy, we had our chances. But again, first who die from enemy team will recapture the point. So, in the result, the whole point is they died more often and have time to capture from the respawn. And don't forget we got two randoms who have their own thoughts about game.

bmason1000
04-16-2018, 06:50 PM
If its 4v1 against your friend, perhaps yes. You probably can't save him. While all 4 of them go to C, you go take back B. By then, the first teammate has respawned and can go where they're needed.

bmason1000
04-16-2018, 06:58 PM
If you're good enough to win 2v4, because your friends probably going to be dead by the time you get there, by all means go help him. There's almost never a reason to keep two people on a point at any time. Yes, that point is secure, but that's two players who aren't doing anything. One person in a point, or none, unless the other team is actively attacking it.