PDA

View Full Version : Why is Tribute so popular?

Dtheawesome9010
04-16-2018, 01:18 PM
This is a question I've been wondering since I noticed tribute has been in very high activity. Is it because there are not as many people on the servers? The whole point of tribute is to get 3 offerings then camp at the shrine until the enemy shows up so you can all gank him. Where's the fun in standing still and waiting when you can just charge in and fight? Honestly how many of you guy like tribute? I sure as hell could't care less I play it when I have to and that's it for me.

Dane520123
04-16-2018, 01:57 PM
Itís popular??. I wouldnít know I donít bother to play it because of how boring it is. Dominion and duels wat tribute

Dtheawesome9010
04-16-2018, 02:03 PM
It’s popular??. I wouldn’t know I don’t bother to play it because of how boring it is. Dominion and duels wat tribute

It is on ps4 I was shocked to see that

Helnekromancer
04-16-2018, 03:55 PM
I guess because there are alot more maps to play on in Tribute compared to Dominion. And similar to Dominion, Tribute is run by premades who just decimate the group of randoms.

Dtheawesome9010
04-16-2018, 03:58 PM
I guess because there are alot more maps to play on in Tribute compared to Dominion. And similar to Dominion, Tribute is run by premades who just decimate the group of randoms.

might be it I can honestly say i was in a premade group tons of times for that mode and others where i was in random groups I know how it feels on both sides

Cliff_001
04-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Its not all to popular honestly, but its not completely dead like deathmatch. That's why they put ranked 4v4 back to dominion. If I remember correctly the popularity info on tribute is grouped with dominion so they both share the same mmr and they will both will say very high or high activity at the same time.

Dtheawesome9010
04-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Its not all to popular honestly, but its not completely dead like deathmatch. That's why they put ranked 4v4 back to dominion. If I remember correctly the popularity info on tribute is grouped with dominion so they both share the same mmr and they will both will say very high or high activity at the same time.

huh that's weird but every time i get into a tribute 5 seconds later i get a match.

Charmzzz
04-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Tribute has alot more "Skirmish" feel than Dominion or even Skirmish itself. I rarely see Gank Squads in Tribute because it is simply not effective. There is no other mode where you have so many 1v1 or 1v2 situations in a short time, that's why I like it. Also, AOE Feats are pretty useless most of the time - big plus!

Alustar.
04-18-2018, 01:51 PM
Tribute has alot more "Skirmish" feel than Dominion or even Skirmish itself. I rarely see Gank Squads in Tribute because it is simply not effective. There is no other mode where you have so many 1v1 or 1v2 situations in a short time, that's why I like it. Also, AOE Feats are pretty useless most of the time - big plus!

Charmzzz hit it on the head, it takes a great deal of coordinating and skill to pull of consecutive wins even with a premade group. And gank squads typically don't fair well in such an objective oriented match. All it takes is one clever assassin, keeping a low profile and those same gank squads are dispersed rather quickly.

Vrbas1
04-19-2018, 02:48 AM
Tribute is popular?

Not on Xbox it's not. I wait longer in that matchmaking than any other.

RoosterIlluzion
04-19-2018, 03:19 AM
This is a question I've been wondering since I noticed tribute has been in very high activity. Is it because there are not as many people on the servers? The whole point of tribute is to get 3 offerings then camp at the shrine until the enemy shows up so you can all gank him. Where's the fun in standing still and waiting when you can just charge in and fight? Honestly how many of you guy like tribute? I sure as hell could't care less I play it when I have to and that's it for me.

Because if you have a competent team, you can finish a match in less than 2 minutes and you'll still get over 1200xp, and plenty of steel.
A duel or brawl lasts longer than that and you get squat. Dominion lasts even longer and is slightly better than duels.