PDA

View Full Version : Marketing, Public Buzz, and a little Nostalgia

updie23
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone, I have been following this forum, and although I am not as active in posts, I have been reading most of what is going around on the boards.

Generally it seems there are the core of us who are excited for a game that is being developed as a Smash Bros. with more depth in terms of fighting, and the joy of it being a complete Ninja Turtles ride as well. At the same time, I am getting the sense there are a lot of people who feel that the old retro stuff, be it the original Mirage Studios comics or even the uber-pop 1980s cartoon series and toys, are being left out so far. I am still on the fence as there is much to be revealed. (But I for one am praying for those two incarnations to be there.)

I am curious, what is the general feeling on the marketing so far for the game? I am curious simply because this game has the cache of a very popular brand that is celebrating 25 years, but I have yet to see any real advertising except in niche areas online. I own the XBOX Live Re-Shelled game, but even that got a lot of heat even from die-hard fans. I appreciate what Ubisoft is doing here, and will enjoy what I can get, as I know it is hard to market such a varied product that has so much history, and please everyone. Yet, I don't feel this game is being marketed very well, and there isn't much buzz outside of the core TMNT fans. Most of my friends are on the fence, and don't expect a whole lot, even some of whom work for other major gaming companies, but are big TMNT fans themselves. Will the marketing machine kick in this month? (I will say it is a shame most of the general public isn't aware that it is the TMNT 25th Anniversary, because when people find out, they wax nostalgic and get excited again.)

This ties in with my next question; What is the general buzz, I mean between both TMNT fans and general gamers out there? You and your friends, and their dogs too. What is the buzz? The game is only about three weeks away, and I feel there is a lot to be revealed, and yet not as much anticipation in the general gaming audience.

I have been following the TMNT since the black and white comics, prior to the show, and all the way up. I am excited, and I love Smash Bros., and followed those through each incarnation as well. This is a sweet marriage of two fantastic concepts, and I really hope it gets pulled off in a way that goes beyond my hopes. I already love what is being done, and think the game looks excellent. On the same token, I can't deny I really hope that there are at least skins for variations on the looks or stylization, as we have seen with Casey and Shredder. I know what my dream game would be, and I know it is over the top, but I really hope that Ubisoft is able to hit it on the head in terms of fan-service. When you have a property that is 25 years old that is a wide gamut, but I hope that it can happen for those of us who grew up with the craze when it started.

I will zip my lips now, as I have rambled on, but seriously, what are your thoughts on the marketing, the buzz, and whether it is too much to ask for retro fan-service? What say you?

updie23
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone, I have been following this forum, and although I am not as active in posts, I have been reading most of what is going around on the boards.

Generally it seems there are the core of us who are excited for a game that is being developed as a Smash Bros. with more depth in terms of fighting, and the joy of it being a complete Ninja Turtles ride as well. At the same time, I am getting the sense there are a lot of people who feel that the old retro stuff, be it the original Mirage Studios comics or even the uber-pop 1980s cartoon series and toys, are being left out so far. I am still on the fence as there is much to be revealed. (But I for one am praying for those two incarnations to be there.)

I am curious, what is the general feeling on the marketing so far for the game? I am curious simply because this game has the cache of a very popular brand that is celebrating 25 years, but I have yet to see any real advertising except in niche areas online. I own the XBOX Live Re-Shelled game, but even that got a lot of heat even from die-hard fans. I appreciate what Ubisoft is doing here, and will enjoy what I can get, as I know it is hard to market such a varied product that has so much history, and please everyone. Yet, I don't feel this game is being marketed very well, and there isn't much buzz outside of the core TMNT fans. Most of my friends are on the fence, and don't expect a whole lot, even some of whom work for other major gaming companies, but are big TMNT fans themselves. Will the marketing machine kick in this month? (I will say it is a shame most of the general public isn't aware that it is the TMNT 25th Anniversary, because when people find out, they wax nostalgic and get excited again.)

This ties in with my next question; What is the general buzz, I mean between both TMNT fans and general gamers out there? You and your friends, and their dogs too. What is the buzz? The game is only about three weeks away, and I feel there is a lot to be revealed, and yet not as much anticipation in the general gaming audience.

I have been following the TMNT since the black and white comics, prior to the show, and all the way up. I am excited, and I love Smash Bros., and followed those through each incarnation as well. This is a sweet marriage of two fantastic concepts, and I really hope it gets pulled off in a way that goes beyond my hopes. I already love what is being done, and think the game looks excellent. On the same token, I can't deny I really hope that there are at least skins for variations on the looks or stylization, as we have seen with Casey and Shredder. I know what my dream game would be, and I know it is over the top, but I really hope that Ubisoft is able to hit it on the head in terms of fan-service. When you have a property that is 25 years old that is a wide gamut, but I hope that it can happen for those of us who grew up with the craze when it started.

I will zip my lips now, as I have rambled on, but seriously, what are your thoughts on the marketing, the buzz, and whether it is too much to ask for retro fan-service? What say you?

deathtojohnny
09-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I was the first to vent about the marketing strategy of this game.

See if you're going to release a game that promises to be a game that'll represent all fans of the Turtles new and old [toons, movies, etc.]-- what should they have done? The first character reveal should've been characters that are both new and old.

What did they choose the reveal? The really obvious characters which were all in the previous TMNT game. What would people immediately think? "They rehashed graphics from their last game."

The problem now-- being so close to the release date, the expectancy is that the whole game is going to be based mainly on the new movie with 3 types of Rabbids in the line-up.

Another problem is the excess of videos being shown, but absolutely nothing of value being revealed. Most of the videos online show characters constantly missing attacks, aiming at the wall-- falling backwards at every single hit, but nothing exciting. We can basically play the game in our heads!

If my years worth of marketing experience has taught me anything, my strategy would go something like this:

"Bebop versus Tatsu" ad (just an example)

To show that new and old worlds are colliding.

crispy4004
09-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Ubisoft's mostly done a good job spacing out the updates as far as characters go. They can't possibly please everyone, but I feel like unveils like Casey Jones and Fugatoid really go a long way in appeasing the TMNT fanbase.

That said, what's really going to make or break this game is how much of the Smash Bros community hops on board. If Smashboards would have given TMNT Smash Up subboard(s), this game would've be getting much more attention across the net than it has been. We're trying to start something similar with the Turtle Dojo (http://www.turtledojo.com) to make up for it, but there's a long road ahead of us.

Ubisoft did a great job with the developer diaries (especially this last one), but the first few gameplay trailers were unflattering. The slow-mo bugged a lot of people in the comments I read, and didn't do proper service to the game's animation or pacing. You could watch Soul Calibur 4 at that speed and walk away unimpressed. Thank goodness they fixed it in the recent 'UK trailer' - low and behold, the reception was a lot more positive.

Another gripe; why is it that at all of these trade shows, people are stuck with only Wiimotes? Most people at these shows trying Smash Up have played Brawl before... with a Gamecube/Classic controller. The Wiimote is going to make them feel limited, and think worse of the game (as has been reflected in a number of hands-ons).

Hopefully now that they've announced more controller support, they'll be opening up the floodgates at PAX.

Finally, I think the online details should've come sooner. Even with the developer diary, we still don't know much about the matchmaking or if they've successfully addressed the unreasonable lag that Brawl suffered from.

Frankly, it concerns me that this close to release (3 weeks) we haven't seen more of the online mode. If Ubisoft's got a good hand to show, there's no reason to shy away from it at this point.

crispy4004
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathtojohnny:

Being so close to the release date, the expectancy is that the whole game is going to be based mainly on the new movie with 3 types of Rabbids in the line-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's alt costumes in the game people have spotted for other characters, so the multiple Rabbids thing could end up being a misconception.

deathtojohnny
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crispy4004:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathtojohnny:

Being so close to the release date, the expectancy is that the whole game is going to be based mainly on the new movie with 3 types of Rabbids in the line-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's alt costumes in the game people have spotted for other characters, so the multiple Rabbids thing could end up being a misconception. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How are we supposed to know? Few people at the Technodrome forums have turned away from the game just because of the Rabbids. I personally don't care, I'm buying the game either way because I really like Ubisoft and I wouldn't want the TMNT license in anyone else's hands. They've done a great job so far.

And the main reason why people are concerned that there are more than one Rabbid is because they each have different weapons/stances.

updie23
09-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I was the first to vent about the marketing strategy of this game.

See if you're going to release a game that promises to be a game that'll represent all fans of the Turtles new and old [toons, movies, etc.]-- what should they have done? The first character reveal should've been characters that are both new and old.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for responding, and I agree with your logic and the marketing strategies as well. I do recall your earlier posts, which is in part why I decided to write something up. I had to laugh at he the thought of Tatsu in the game, "Ninja's Vanish!" Which I would enjoy nonetheless. I think it is interesting to see how the early marketing as you described it, affected communities of gamers, Smash Bros., and TMNT fans.

I think what is interesting is seeing what Ubisoft will do in the next few weeks, as they have the ability to really get more out there, and market in the ways you are describing, because with such a media saturated environment, the buzz on a game can come back quickly. I will say though, a lot of the people I know in the industry really need to be convinced at this point.

crispy4004
09-02-2009, 05:31 PM

And the main reason why people are concerned that there are more than one Rabbid is because they each have different weapons/stances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a video (http://turtledojo.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=95) of a single playable Rabbid using multiple weapons; a fly swatter, spray bottle, broom, fireworks, etc.

The strongest case for multiple rabbids is the video where they were first shown off had a Splinter Cell Rabbid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU9pdqyQpw8) selectable. The Rabbid's been playable since, but the Splinter Rabbid has never shown up again.

It's hard to gather if he plays any differently than the other rabbid other than a costume change.

updie23
09-02-2009, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crispy4004:
They can't possibly please everyone, but I feel like unveils like Casey Jones and Fugatoid really go a long way in appeasing the TMNT fanbase.

That said, what's really going to make or break this game is how much of the Smash Bros community hops on board.

Frankly, it concerns me that this close to release (3 weeks) we haven't seen more of the online mode. If Ubisoft's got a good hand to show, there's no reason to shy away from it at this point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for replying. I think you make some good points here, and I think you bring up something important in terms of the game itself, and less of the material. The fact that the game demos are being played with a Wiimote and so forth, and the online has yet to really be shown off. The internet aspect has me very curious, especially with peripherals like WiiSpeak.

I also agree that being able to pull the Smash Bros. crowd in will be a huge part in the overall success.

As for the characters, I agree that being able to play as Professor Honeycutt as Fugitoid will be awesome, and is a day I have been waiting for, but the Casey thing is a little less, and I think that has more to do with the design style. The fact that the character models are more like the 2007 movie has really left a lot of people in the air, and I understand Ubisoft's intent, as they said the body format is easier for animating the fighting movements . . . but the stylization, if it is set to that, will be less inviting to more gamers than the retro Casey, TMNT, and crew.

deathtojohnny
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by updie23:
As for the characters, I agree that being able to play as Professor Honeycutt as Fugitoid will be awesome, and is a day I have been waiting for, but the Casey thing is a little less, and I think that has more to do with the design style. The fact that the character models are more like the 2007 movie has really left a lot of people in the air, and I understand Ubisoft's intent, as they said the body format is easier for animating the fighting movements . . . but the stylization, if it is set to that, will be less inviting to more gamers than the retro Casey, TMNT, and crew. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am the first to agree with the 2007 stylization of the characters. I personally love the way they look. BUT what people aren't yet grasping is that this game is NOT being based on that movie and that's the point that they need to make clear.

updie23
09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
BUT what people aren't yet grasping is that this game is NOT being based on that movie and that's the point that they need to make clear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely. I like the design, and if that is it, I will continue to really like them. But, they aren't replicas from the movie, but most people gloss over it, and just think it is the 2007 movie. It is interesting, because I think you continue to make points of how certain videos or pictures have ended up leaving some people with the wrong impression or insinuation of what the game and characters are.

Peachrocks
09-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Indeed of the characters in the game but not the movie there is really only Shredder and Fugitoid. Shredder doesn't even really count because a TMNT dream match game that doesn't include the main villian of the series would be laughable. Don, Mikey, Raph, Leo, Splinter, April, Casey, Karai and Foot Ninja were all in the movie

Utrominator and Rabid don't count either because neither has been in any other TMNT thing before. Utroms have obviously, but never something like this and based on the interview, he's classed as an enemy, so it's definately a new character, meant to be viewed as some sort of updated Krang or something (a mistake IMO, should have just made it Mortu from 2k3 or just used Krang).

Timothy2035
09-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Are any of the major trade magazine running ads for this month's issue? If any ads were to appear, then this is the month to look for them.

If Ubisoft is going to advertise on television, the ads may most likely show up just before the game release and run shortly for a little while right after that.

The Ubisoft attendance at game shows like E3, Comic Con, Gamescom and PAX let them know what the reaction could possibly be like to the game and also helps to market the game. Though we should see a little more marketing in ads or tv spots.

LordTerminal
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timothy2035:
Are any of the major trade magazine running ads for this month's issue? If any ads were to appear, then this is the month to look for them.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe I saw a small banner ad in the latest Nintendo Power but it's nothing special.

crispy4004
09-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Well, since you guys are talking about advertising... (http://www.turtledojo.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=162)

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

deathtojohnny
09-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Why does it take place after the game's release date??

crispy4004
09-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Why does it take place after the game's release date?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that's actually a good thing. You can't just hype up a game pre-release then pull the ads once it is.

shinigamihedge
09-05-2009, 10:06 AM
This game needs less of the new, and more of the old.

Fanboyism aside, everything I see is based on 2K3 cartoon and onward. Making a huge emphasis on the movie. How is this NOT supposed to turn away people when most critics think the 2007 movie was awful?

I liked it, but I think it could've been better. I almost threw up when I saw the human designs (especially the cgi women). So I was severely disappointed when I saw April O'Neil and Karai, after 2k3 cartoon April and Karai were so badass-looking.

If this game is to top Konami's gems from the past, I expect it to at least please me in the fan-service department. A technodrome cameo is nice, but I hope that's not ALL they've got going for them to please the 80's toon fans.

Hype and hope goes down every single day, especially after hearing no songs from the past would be included in the game.. So now I can only rely on interesting characters showing up.

I haven't tried much of Ubisoft's TMNT games, because I was a huge Konami TMNT fan. And from what I played so far (TMNThttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifS) it's... just ok.

I've made some publicity on a gamer site from my country... but I haven't updated it like in a month or something... because there's nothing to update with. :S No new information worth mentioning.. NOTHING.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter games has its trailers in some movies, why can't Ubisoft do the same and promote the game in movies such as G.I.Joe or something?

Just a thought.

TheNinjinister
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Utrominator and Rabid don't count either because neither has been in any other TMNT thing before. Utroms have obviously, but never something like this and based on the interview, he's classed as an enemy, so it's definately a new character, meant to be viewed as some sort of updated Krang or something (a mistake IMO, should have just made it Mortu from 2k3 or just used Krang). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utrominators were in 2K3.

RedTurtle
09-07-2009, 02:07 PM
We are two weeks(and a day) away from this game being released. We are hurting for some sort of "spark" of interest. Hopefully, since this is Labor Day, we will see more information tomorrow or Wednesday. We usually get a News update every Wednesday. Maybe it will have useful information.

updie23
09-07-2009, 10:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedTurtle:
We are two weeks(and a day) away from this game being released. We are hurting for some sort of "spark" of interest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. I am actually surprised there wasn't anything from PAX on other sites, or fan videos. I'd like to get really excited in anticipation as I was for the Smash Bros. Brawl, which really had a buildup to the release . . . even if they teased a lot.

Time will tell. Still looking for more of a media blitz here, getting a little too close to release date without much buzz.

Kooichi-kun
09-08-2009, 06:21 PM
In terms of marketing, they seem to be doing a bad job since I rarely hear about the game on every video game site I do to. The buzz on the other hand seem to be fine. Us turtles fans are getting crazy hype for the game. You can already tell by how fast Turtle Freak's "Turtle Dojo" has become active in such a short time. And for nostalgia fan-service, they're defiantly doing it for me :3

Comic cutscenes, story by Peter Laird, 20 characters(or more) from TMNT history. Count me in 8D Added with the nostalgia, they got Game Arts and Team Ninja working on this game. I have no doubt it'll be the best TMNT game(Which isn't that hard imo, since I think the past games are either bad or overrated :B)

shinigamihedge
09-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Nah, the only past game to be considered "bad" was the first NES game (which I sill love). So yeah, it's definitely you against every reviewer on the planet (Except iRate gamer who's an ***).

The beat em ups were examples of how games were supposed to be made. With the most memorable music to ever grace a console, master works of Konami. (Fuse the 80's tmnt theme song tune, with Contra music, and you get lots of WIN).

And yeah, they're overrated because they're AWESOME. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

As for me, the game still has a lot of misses, though it has its share of hits. I'm talking on a universal scale of the TMNT franchise. There's just so much to exploit, yet they're focusing on so little.

For example ruling out Archie Comics was a tad unfair for those who are fans of it.

Making new music and ruling out the classic music from past games was down-right idiotic.. unless they can make a soundtrack that surpasses it.. in which case they'll have to hire Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Koji Kondo, or freaking JOHN WILLIAMS if they plan on doing a better job. But I bet the music will not be something memorable enough.

2007 models: I'm not even going to start with this. It was a lousy, lazy choice because the 3D models were already made before. End of story. At least the Turtles look awesome... Just the turtles.

Ok, enough with the bad, it ticks me off. Time for the "hits".

Level design: So far so good! The levels look awesome, the hazards are fun, and I love the train level.

Past game techniques: Oh yeah, watching Mike performing Rising Thunder definitely swayed me into the DO WANT! side. I hope to see more hints to the past like this. :P

Rabbids: (Just kidding, Rabbids suck)

The whole Smash Bros. engine thing: They couldn't have chosen a better fighting engine than that of my favorite game. This is what has glued my attention to this game from the beginning.

Kooichi-kun
09-09-2009, 08:26 AM
When I meant the past games I was mostly thinking about the recent Ubi ones, but I forgot about the very first xD; I think the Konami games are overrated because they're just beat-em-ups. All they did was take Golden Axe, replace the characters and enemies with those from the TMNT cartoon, and there ya go. It was so popular simply because it was the TMNT franchise. Just like the X-men beat-em-up, which is also considered the best X-men game. The recent remake for Turtles in Time helps proves this. It has gotten bad reviews from many sites. Not because it was remade incorrectly, they just didn't do enough with it. It's out-dated :B

Also want's wrong with new music for a new game? xD;

shinigamihedge
09-13-2009, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kooichi-kun:
All they did was take Golden Axe, replace the characters and enemies with those from the TMNT cartoon, and there ya go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find that kinda unlikely because both games were released on the exact same year. XD There's no way one copied the other if they were both in production at the same time. Plus, Golden Axe doesn't feel anything like TMNT, or maybe that's just me. =3 (Grew up with both games).

Nah, the problem with Turtles In Time reshelled (according to the many reviews I've read), is that they've changed it so much for the worst.

Changes that reviewers hated:

-Mechanics feel off. Turtles can double jump?
-Simple, generic, uncharming 3D. Most reviewers preferred the 2D sprites.
-Some levels were changed (but because it was the arcade version)
-"Achievements" felt tacked on.
-Music was changed, and it was nowhere near as good as the original's.

This coming from various reviewers, I haven't had my hand on it. I wouldn't mind it, since it's another game I could play with friends.

--

On topic matters. I was lurking about random forums yesterday, and Smash Up! is still not very well received... The last commercial was a good way to promote it.. but sheesh, they took long enough. The only people excited for the game I've encountered, are all here, or on the Turtle Dojo. The rest of the internet doesn't seem to care for this game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Leoangelo
09-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I have the arcade, snes, and genesis versions of the game and i played them all before i played reshelled and it was still alot of fun. It played almost exactly like the original with the obviouse difference cause its 3d, and either severly remixed or different music but it was still good.

shinigamihedge
09-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I don't mind the changes either. I'd really love to play it... Too bad I don't have an X-Box. X_x

I can't say anything on the music, because I haven't heard it. And people have different tastes, so I might like it.

I never got too far in the Arcade version.. (I think up to "Skulls and Crossbones" so I don't know how different the arcade version is.

Wish this game would've come out for Wiiware... Oh well, at least we get the better end of the deal by having Smash Up! on the Wii. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gpbellamy
09-13-2009, 01:06 PM
the new tv ad runs tonight on Cartoon Network during 7 PST / 7 EST during the Scooby Doo movie premiere.

It's also up on IGN.com

updie23
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Well . . .

A week away, and still kind of waiting for the marketing of this game to pick up. I know I posted that new commercial bit, which I really liked, but there doesn't seem to be much going on. Not as much as other big property games in terms of marketing and general buzz outside the devout TMNT such as in here. Still keeping my fingers crossed that this game takes off, but still feeling pretty lackluster and on the fence in terms of publicity and buzz prior to the release.

But I am still expecting an awesome game when I pick it up next Tuesday!

shinigamihedge
09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by updie23:
Well . . .

A week away, and still kind of waiting for the marketing of this game to pick up. I know I posted that new commercial bit, which I really liked, but there doesn't seem to be much going on. Not as much as other big property games in terms of marketing and general buzz outside the devout TMNT such as in here. Still keeping my fingers crossed that this game takes off, but still feeling pretty lackluster and on the fence in terms of publicity and buzz prior to the release.

But I am still expecting an awesome game when I pick it up next Tuesday! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the feeling that commercial was the last piece of marketting from them, and now we have to wait for the game release. :/

updie23
09-15-2009, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shinigamihedge:
I have the feeling that commercial was the last piece of marketting from them, and now we have to wait for the game release. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Well, it was interesting in here for a little bit. It's a shame this TMNT game didn't get the marketing it deserves. A week away and this game is barely on the radar on most sites . . . here's hoping it is awesome when I pick it up next week . . .

Peachrocks
09-16-2009, 01:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheNinjinister:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Utrominator and Rabid don't count either because neither has been in any other TMNT thing before. Utroms have obviously, but never something like this and based on the interview, he's classed as an enemy, so it's definately a new character, meant to be viewed as some sort of updated Krang or something (a mistake IMO, should have just made it Mortu from 2k3 or just used Krang). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utrominators were in 2K3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's the same one. In a review they classed the Utrominator as evil, Utroms were clearly good in 2k3. Though now I think about it I suspect this was an error, which would make you correct. I still wished they used Mortu. Dunno why but I liked him.