PDA

View Full Version : Patchnotes Releasing the Day Before...Why?

HazelrahFirefly
04-16-2018, 05:14 AM
It's suspicious af.

I mean, the only reason to do so would be to hide stuff that players aren't going to like.

I secretly wonder if it has to do with characters changes, but I'm pretty sick of them refusing to communicate while ********ting that they have transparency.

SpaceJim12
04-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Come on, it's fine practice to post patchnotes the day before patch. Sometimes you could take only after patch.

Look at BF 2. We know we will see new gamemode (event) and near 50+ new skins, but that's all.

Tyrjo
04-16-2018, 10:49 AM
I don't see how it benefits them from hiding info in the patch notes that will be public soon enough anyways.

Knight_Raime
04-16-2018, 02:46 PM
It's pretty common practice for patch notes to be dropped the day before or the day of the patch in every single game i've played.
Also candle wrote down in his recap pretty much all the changes we can expect to see hero wise coming from the patch. Of course there is always a possibility something was missed.

HazelrahFirefly
04-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Well, they purposefully and obviously left out a lot, so no matter how hard he tries Candle doesn't have all the info.

I actually wonder if the Orochi, Valk, and PK reworks are coming this Thursday? They hinted at such.

Also, I can't claim to play a lot of online games, but most that I've played in general have the patchnotes out a week ahead of time.... Including this game. Since I started watching the WD in S3 the notes have always been out ahead of time. This is the exception, and it bothers me.

CandleInTheDark
04-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Eh I don't claim to have all the information, just most of what the devs put out there (and I say most because I don't follow them on twitter). I certainly have no more than anyone else on this forum is capable of getting.

I can think of a few reasons though off the top of my head.

They have a lot of notes, they said on stream about two patches worth and there is a live update.

Add to this they need to translate it into 15 languages, now one person isn't going to do all that (if they are I would love to meet him/her) but that is a lot of moving parts.

Add in that they have had panels and conventions the past month, so people have been busy.

And even if they worked around all that, sometimes things just happen, people get ill, people go on leave.

There are a whole bunch of reasons it could be but this kind of thread generally comes up whenever they are not a week in advance which, as others have said, doesn't happen with many companies.

Knight_Raime
04-16-2018, 03:08 PM
Well, they purposefully and obviously left out a lot, so no matter how hard he tries Candle doesn't have all the info.

I actually wonder if the Orochi, Valk, and PK reworks are coming this Thursday? They hinted at such.

Also, I can't claim to play a lot of online games, but most that I've played in general have the patchnotes out a week ahead of time.... Including this game. Since I started watching the WD in S3 the notes have always been out ahead of time. This is the exception, and it bothers me.

They did hint at that? I thought it was just hints at the reworks in general. Not that they would be dropping this soon. I would think they would want to hype those up like they did with the last ones.

CandleInTheDark
04-16-2018, 03:18 PM
I thought it was just hints at the reworks in general. Not that they would be dropping this soon. I would think they would want to hype those up like they did with the last ones.

That would be my guess as well, they specifically said they didn't mention certain characters in the patch notes and they might be working on those, so my guess would be season 6 unless they say otherwise anywhere else.

That could be a good thing mind you, if this is a year of lets get everyone on par with what we have learned works well and doesn't over year one then introduce characters again year three, I think that could work out pretty well.

Knight_Raime
04-16-2018, 03:25 PM
That would be my guess as well, they specifically said they didn't mention certain characters in the patch notes and they might be working on those, so my guess would be season 6 unless they say otherwise anywhere else.

That could be a good thing mind you, if this is a year of lets get everyone on par with what we have learned works well and doesn't over year one then introduce characters again year three, I think that could work out pretty well.

I'm pretty excited about the changes coming up tbh. I think the new back dash changes will buff centurion in a way. I can only imagine how it will effect others like warden. If they can continue to make smart changes to the core of the game they potentially don't need to do big changes to dlc heros.

Baggin_
04-16-2018, 03:49 PM
The thing I'm curious about is on Candles recap he mentioned some feats being rebalanced in this patch. I really want to see what those are about.

Crosstails20
04-16-2018, 03:52 PM
They probably do it so you have some time to analyse before you actually test it in game. It is for the people who like to analyse to put it simply.

SpaceJim12
04-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Btw, Candle (or someone who watched Dens more attentively than me), I didn't get recap thing about colors. In next patch we get more colors from neutrals to def and attack palletes?

CandleInTheDark
04-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Btw, Candle (or someone who watched Dens more attentively than me), I didn't get recap thing about colors. In next patch we get more colors from neutrals to def and attack palletes?

As far as I recall, they said some swatches made it into offence or defence that don't make sense so those are being removed, at the same time there are some in neutral that would fit in one or the other so they are getting put in. It's got its own rebalancing along with a bunch of other things pretty much.

SpaceJim12
04-16-2018, 05:39 PM
As far as I recall, they said some swatches made it into offence or defence that don't make sense so those are being removed, at the same time there are some in neutral that would fit in one or the other so they are getting put in. It's got its own rebalancing along with a bunch of other things pretty much.

Well, it's still something. Thank you.

Vakris_One
04-16-2018, 08:55 PM
I don't recall them implying that any major character reworks like Valk and Oro would drop with this coming patch. Just the big list of balance tweaks they read out. Major reworks like Valk and Oro look likely to be in Season 6 judging by Damien's comment that the next reworks will be in Season 6 but they will be "less reworks than Season 5".

As for the patch notes, most online games I have played release patch notes a day before or actually on the day a new update drops. Releasing patch notes a week before is the exception to the rule from my experience. Nice if/when it happens but not a big deal if patches notes are instead released as usual a day before/on the day itself.

FredEx919
04-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone, we usually try to get those patch notes up much earlier, but there was just a timing issue this time around. Nothing to do with the actual content of the notes. We'll definitely have these up much earlier for you all in the future. We'll aim to have all patch notes live on the same day we cover them on the Warriors Den. Sorry for the delay this time around.

HazelrahFirefly
04-17-2018, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone, we usually try to get those patch notes up much earlier, but there was just a timing issue this time around. Nothing to do with the actual content of the notes. We'll definitely have these up much earlier for you all in the future. We'll aim to have all patch notes live on the same day we cover them on the Warriors Den. Sorry for the delay this time around.

Apparently I'm the only one who remembers that you guys usually have them out early. My group always enjoy discussing the details ahead of time.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2018, 04:49 PM
Apparently I'm the only one who remembers that you guys usually have them out early.

That is a bit disingenuous there. No one said they aren't normally out earlier, we're just saying we're not surprised and going into conspiracy theories when they're not.

SpaceJim12
04-17-2018, 05:12 PM
That is a bit disingenuous there. No one said they aren't normally out earlier, we're just saying we're not surprised and going into conspiracy theories when they're not.

Btw, it's very strange conspiracy theory, cause I can't see any connection between date of patchnotes release and stuff devs want to hide. I mean, where the difference if we will know about this stuff now or last week? We don't like it anyway, if there is something bad. The only chance to hide something is to not add it to patchnotes list.

HazelrahFirefly
04-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Come on, it's fine practice to post patchnotes the day before patch. Sometimes you could take only after patch.

It's pretty common practice for patch notes to be dropped the day before or the day of the patch in every single game i've played.

There are a whole bunch of reasons it could be but this kind of thread generally comes up whenever they are not a week in advance which, as others have said, doesn't happen with many companies.

Just a few examples of people saying they didn't expect the patchnotes to be up in advance. If ya'll know they are usually out earlier, why did you post that it was weird for me to wonder where they are? :p

I'm just poking fun at you guys, so you know.

Siegfried-Z
04-17-2018, 05:41 PM
Scuse me all but i don't find the patchnotes, i have almost every informations but i would like to read it.. don't find it on Ubi patch note. U guys have a link maybe ? :D
Thxxxx