PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the gb already.

mrmistark
04-16-2018, 04:11 AM
PLEASE ADRESS THIS. Seriously, how can you be GB out of a GB? Itís like the start up of a GB acts like recovery frames until the GB actually goes through meaning that despite being the one to actually be GBing and the other player should hypothetically be CGB, all of a sudden Iím consistently getting GB out of my GB.

Iíve brought this up before, but itís been a long time and it just gets shrugged off by the devs. Simply put if you GB the same time, it should bounce off. If you GB even a slip second before, their GB should be a CGB. If I initiate the GB there should be no reason why I should be getting punished unless they read me and attack.

Arekonator
04-16-2018, 04:14 AM
I am pretty sure if you are grabed during your own grab start, you can still CGB.

Hormly
04-16-2018, 04:24 AM
When this happens just tap GB multiple times in quick succession. I give it a double tap and it saves me

mrmistark
04-16-2018, 04:50 AM
My response is for XBOX so it may differ, but I understand hypothetically you can CGB, the problem is in doing so it becomes much like the zone input argument. Just because I CAN delay pressing my light button after heavy to zone more consistently doesnít mean that zone isnít broken being the 2 button input that it is. This in my eyes is the same exact thing. You CAN CGB if you expect this to happen to you, but itís the fact that you can even be broken out of a GB that is the issue because itís not supposed to work like that. We need to stop being ok with half-arse covers of problems and actually get this stuff fixed. A GB has many counters, light attacks on reaction, some characters can heavy and not be Gb out of start up, an actually GB mechanic and all CC. I shouldnít be worried about CGBing a CGB to my GB.

We only have two thumbs. I canít have my thumb trying to change guard for follow up GB and on the GB button at the same time. If a dev comes down here and says ďhey sorry, but thatís intendedĒ then you know what? Alright. I hate that but itís how itís supposed to be. The fact is though Iím 99% sure this isnít supposed to happen.

Arekonator
04-16-2018, 05:30 AM
Its perfectly doable on reaction, even for a person with average reaction times like me. Knowing it can happen and knowing yo can still cgb when it happens.

Also, iirc the GB speed is equal across the board so if their GB lands before yours, it means they initiated it first. Or we can blame the lag.

Regardless, there was period during the beta which had stricter GB timings and then it was deliberately reverted back into this state. I dont see this getting changed this late since relase, especially when its a non-issue. Just learn to live with it, i guess?

mrmistark
04-16-2018, 06:38 PM
But it is an issue, because itís not working as intended.

Itís like saying unlock techs werenít an issue cause you could roll away or block instead of parrying what should have been basically a free parry.

Simply put again, yes you can hypothetically CGB but if itís not working as intended, then itís still broken. Just because it wonít get fixed until later down the road because itís not a high priority, doesnít mean that it shouldnít be fixed.

Arekonator
04-16-2018, 07:53 PM
What makes you think its not intended?

Knight_Raime
04-16-2018, 07:54 PM
I feel this. but sort of in the opposite way. I'll start my GB first but they GB me out of it. some how.
It also annoys me how even slight movement can make you whiff a GB within hugging distance.

Draco067
04-16-2018, 10:46 PM
I feel this. but sort of in the opposite way. I'll start my GB first but they GB me out of it. some how.
It also annoys me how even slight movement can make you whiff a GB within hugging distance.

This is what I experience the most. I'm not a fan of GB but I do understand why its there.

On another note: has anyone messed up CGB someone who's OOS? Because the GB symbol pops up when they GB, so out of habit I go to counter it, but because it's slow I miss the timing. This happens to me all the time, I'm getting better about it but was curious if anyone else does the same thing?

I wish they would increase the window to CGB. You shouldn't be trying to GB when OOS anyway.