PDA

View Full Version : Who do you use and why?

JadeBosson.
04-15-2018, 02:07 AM
For me I started off with Orchi cause thats who i used in beta then Nobushis kept kicking my butt (also anyone who knew GB existed) so i was like hey i should use nobushi then i became a nobushi main then shaman came out and i was alittle bored of my nobushi so i used her then the PK kept kicking my butt as shaman so i used her till i got bored then I was like Glad seems neat so now im prob gonna use her for awhile (all other characters were to toxic (armusha) or boring or im utter trash with them lol - or i refuse to use them)

https://i.imgur.com/ktByixD.png I hope i used that image code right lol

Jrock42_
04-15-2018, 02:22 AM
"Too Toxic, has a rep 13 shaman."
Lol K

xXIronwhiteboy2
04-15-2018, 02:55 AM
Valk and shinobi, valk because I find her control scheme to be really easy to learn, and I love her high speed attacks. Shinobi is garbage but he has a fun play style, seriously with the valk I have a 70% win ratio with shinobi I have a 35%, dude is trash

mrmistark
04-15-2018, 03:21 AM
Shinobi isn’t trash, but you have to play him like a punk azz b%#^* to be effective.

My main is Kensei (rep 10), then secondaries are Highlander (rep 7) after he came out and before that Shugoki (rep 7). Personally I can’t play the same character too much though. It gets super boring to me so once they get maxed out they kind of go on the shelf for more of duels or a “oh you think you’re good?” Type situations when someone wants to be super toxic.

I have everyone at rep 1, working on glad now. Not a big fan though.

BadBOO17
04-15-2018, 03:28 AM
I use....
Warden - used him in the beta and you can make him look badass
Raider - he can carry people lol
Cent - his half health combo makes him enjoyable, plenty of rage mail from using him
Shugoki - i feel bad for him):
Nobu - recently started using her kinda fun sometimes

Cancer that i will never use -
Pk(also not considered toxic by you lol)and shaman(funny how your rep13 shaman isnt apart of the toxic part for you)

AkenoKobayashi
04-15-2018, 03:38 AM
I main Kensei (Rep 29), but I have used all four OG Samurai throughout the first year. Which is why I'm not max Rep with Kensei. Shugoki is Rep 19, Orochi is Rep 15, Nobushi is Rep 14, and Shinobi and Aramusha are both Rep 5.

I also use the Warlord, Warden, Conq, and Centurion for getting the respective orders completed. I don't have a Rep level for the Shamen yet. I can't stand her.

XJadeDragoonX
04-15-2018, 04:28 AM
I've been a berserker main since the alpha. He's everything I wanted in a character. He's fast. He uses axes which are my favorite. He dual weilds which is also my favorite. He's high risk high reward. Although the risk is less than it used to be. The gameplay speaks to me.

My secondary is raider because he is(in my opinion) probably the coolest looking character in the game and I enjoy his big axe and playstyle

I exclusively use Vikings for the most part. They're all rep 8 or higher except shaman. I don't really find shaman fun

mrmistark
04-15-2018, 06:12 AM
I've been a berserker main since the alpha. He's everything I wanted in a character. He's fast. He uses axes which are my favorite. He dual weilds which is also my favorite. He's high risk high reward. Although the risk is less than it used to be. The gameplay speaks to me.

My secondary is raider because he is(in my opinion) probably the coolest looking character in the game and I enjoy his big axe and playstyle

I exclusively use Vikings for the most part. They're all rep 8 or higher except shaman. I don't really find shaman fun

Call me crazy but I preferred berserker pre rework. They should have left his finisher the way it was and instead gave him an opener. Remember when everyone complained about aramusha and being stun locked as an assassin? Berserker is worse lol. Of course still 100% reactable just like Ara was but you have to deal with HA coupled with no lag comp yet. People get so salty it’s hilarious, not to mention if they’re being aggressive you can just spin chop them to death, go to continue chain and when they try to parry just keep doing so. He does feel cheapened with his fancy 400ms everywhere but he’s fun to use when someone’s being toxic and rematches you cause the salt it produces is beautiful.

Baturai
04-15-2018, 06:22 AM
PK : When i first Installed this Game she was my very First Character. she reminded me of my Old Character from Ragnarok online ( Assassin)
then after a while i realized how unPopular she became, cuz she was ******* Op ( still is) with all the tracking lights.
My love turned into hate :D she is my Op hero abuser killer now. I rarely loose with her.
Then i decided to move to another Hero..
Orochi : I fell in love with her at 1. Sight. and played since then Only Orochi. I can relate his Looks with my Ancestral Background To Turkomongols.
Then after a while witnessing all the stupid changes that Literally killed my Hero's potential and Op hero's Arrival.. i deleted the game very dissapointed.
then i came back after Deflect changes.. Orochi was still trash. so i decided to give a shot With...
Warden: Yeahh i really love him.. but nowdays he IS trash very bad dodge. **** backdodge recovery... but the only playable hero in dominion under my deck.
then i moved to Kensei for short Period of time... ( Befor rework) i realized that he was in need of major changes.. after the rework i really enjoy Kensei, he feels much more better now.
but overall out of 10 matches i play 6 Matches with Orochi.
Orochi: Main and Love.
Pk: "Op Hero Abuse" Punisher
Warden: My Dominion Hero
Kensei: My Hope that this game can be enjoyable .
https://s18.postimg.cc/bsrdma1jp/For_Honor2018-4-15-6-55-40.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/bsrdma1jp/)

Tirik22x
04-15-2018, 06:55 AM
Centurion.

I enjoy knocking ppl around. And I also enjoy hearing excuses from ppl when I make them rage.

Tyrjo
04-15-2018, 07:08 AM
All my Vikings are at least reputation 10. I also play Centurion and Shugoki.

TheTool85
04-15-2018, 08:24 AM

Yes, i choose raider for the very same reason as my main :)
Although his overall costumization options are one of the poorest in the game imo...

CandleInTheDark
04-15-2018, 11:38 AM
I started off with peacekeeper because dual wield sword and dagger has always been my schtick in games, whether D&D pen and paper games or console games. She is why I bought the game day one and I hadn't seen any kind of tier list.

I branched out to the other assassins after getting peacekeeper to 7. Around season 2 or 3 I realised that as a pug player in mostly 4v4 games, I was hitting a lot of all assassin teams, so I worked up warden, conqueror, valkyrie and nobushi to 7 so I have different options. Since then I also have gladiator at 7 and I am working up my centurion and lawbringer to finish my knights. After that I want to work on the other characters. I have between reps one and four the berserker, shaman, kensei, orochi and shinobi. Once those are there my aim is everyone first to rep 7 for top tier gear then rep 8 for easy access to event gear then maybe a few to 9 for refined though I am not so hot on that, I might just play whoever I feel like after everyone is rep 8 meaning some get left there.

Current rep list

Warden 8 | Raider 0 | Kensei 1
Conqueror 7 | Warlord 0 | Shugoki 0
Peacekeeper 9 | Berserker 4 | Orochi 1
Lawbringer 1 | Valkyrie 7 | Nobushi 7
Centurion 1 | Highlander 0| Shinobi 4
Gladiator 7 | Shaman 2 | Aramusha 0

Alustar.
04-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Shaman, peacekeeper, highlander in that order. I am in the same camp as Candle, in that tend to gravitate towards dual wielding assassins. Where we differ is I have a soft spot for massive two handed sword users because I found it tanking in MMOs was utterly exhilarating. I was surprised when I picked up shaman. my initial impression wasn't high,I figured I would enjoy Musha more since he was another dual wielder. After playing both to rep 1 I started seeing how fun it was with shaman and even left my peacekeeper behind.

CandleInTheDark
04-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Shaman, peacekeeper, highlander in that order. I am in the same camp as Candle, in that tend to gravitate towards dual wielding assassins. Where we differ is I have a soft spot for massive two handed sword users because I found it tanking in MMOs was utterly exhilarating. I was surprised when I picked up shaman. my initial impression wasn't high,I figured I would enjoy Musha more since he was another dual wielder. After playing both to rep 1 I started seeing how fun it was with shaman and even left my peacekeeper behind.

I think the only thing I have tanked in on console is the Division, I had a high skill build which meant my riot shield had over a million hitpoints which regenerated when not taking damage, so basically I was the one that stood there popping the occasional heal if a few got through while my teammates got into better positions. Pen and paper I had a d&d 3.5 knight which moving around cost double move, good ally for casters and sneaky types, I was usually one of the latter. Highlander will probably be the one I level with Kensei once I have all my knights and assassins at 7, but as a whole I don't particularly enjoy the heavies in this game. Highlander may be one I take to as he is mobile for a big fella.

Alustar.
04-15-2018, 02:37 PM
I think the only thing I have tanked in on console is the Division, I had a high skill build which meant my riot shield had over a million hitpoints which regenerated when not taking damage, so basically I was the one that stood there popping the occasional heal if a few got through while my teammates got into better positions. Pen and paper I had a d&d 3.5 knight which moving around cost double move, good ally for casters and sneaky types, I was usually one of the latter. Highlander will probably be the one I level with Kensei once I have all my knights and assassins at 7, but as a whole I don't particularly enjoy the heavies in this game. Highlander may be one I take to as he is mobile for a big fella.

Nice! I started tanking in Wow during the latter part of the Wrath of the Lich King, I was trying to level my Death Knight and our tank left cause he got pissed at my DPS, so my party was like, "you got this Alu, just do x,y,z and we will be fine." Luckily my healer was already geared for 25 man raids, so we four manned it. After that I never ran DPS again. Shortly after Cata dropped I left WoW for Rift and found out I could rogue tank and that changed my life. I did that in down times when PvP matches got too scarce, but I leveled my assassin in that game almost exclusively in PvP.

EvoX.
04-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Centurion - he's just a self-absorbed and arrogant bully. I love the guy.

Gladiator - the next best thing.

PK - I like hooded and dual-wielding characters

Overall I prefer heroes that fight for personal glory than those that supposedly fight for a cause or honor.

Hormly
04-15-2018, 10:24 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/r1imo9.jpg

Im always the tank, and always sporting a shield. It was a close call between the WL and the conq, but eventually my love of circular boss held shields won me over.

Archaelion
04-15-2018, 10:42 PM
main is orochi then I realized I wanted to win games and he has been in need of buffs for about 11 months now.

HazelrahFirefly
04-16-2018, 02:07 AM
In order of started playing:

PK Rep 18
Loved her in the Alpha, still loved her when I started playing in S2. Her quick movement was appealing in a cast that otherwise felt clunky and slow. Now she is boring compared to the Shaman.

Nobushi Rep 6
Played her to rep 4 in S2 and then stopped because she got boring. Now I am enjoying her again for at least two reps so far.

Highlander Rep 13
Third character I played and enjoyed despite the struggle. Using the biggest swords always feels good. Now he is mostly amazing.

Valkyrie Rep 13
The hero I actually love the most, but didn't try until S3 - feel like i was born to play her. She is shelved for now however because I can't stand the 200% effort required for every fight.

Shaman Rep 13
Only started her in the last couple week of S4, but had so much fun that she has many reps as the S3 characters

Orochi Rep 11
Started playing him because Youtubers made him look cool. I hated the Orochi when I originally tried, but now he's amazing.

Warden Rep 12
Always found the Warden to be god awful - slow, clunky, without options. A friend mained him since S2 (when we all started playing), and I finally realized just how interesting he is by watching him work.

Warden is probably my favorite currently, but I'm hopeful the Valk rework makes me take her to Rep 50. I want to take someone to 50!

D3dicatedSrv3rz
04-16-2018, 02:51 AM
PK 15
I like picking my fights and teasing impatient opponents into making mistakes
Warden 15
Started him when i felt like i understood enough of the game's mechanics from PK fights and campaign. I mostly play him for the aesthetic and dress up or when not having a UB opener on PK frustrates me
Orochi 4
I didnt play the beta so i wasnt attracted by how OP he was and i started him late. hes 'ok'
Kensei 4
I have always had respect for people who mained kensei, at least prepatch before the buffs. Maining PK i had to have 1 redeeming character
Nobushi 4
ELEGANCE
Shnobi 3
Was just curious about his mechnics
Highlander 1
Revert to shinobi's response

Helnekromancer
04-16-2018, 03:27 AM
Nobushi Rep 41: I really like the Naginata as a weapon but she lacks versatility (get blow up by assassins if I don't play at 120% and still only has a kick to her name as a means of opening someone up which still is easily dodged)

Valkyrie Rep 19: The closest thing to a two-handed spear user, has a decent amount of aggressive and defensive abilities and more mix-ups than Nobushi

Shinobi Rep 11: I had to learn atleast one assassin too bad this one has the lowest health and the only viable way to win confrontations is to play like a complete ***** which is not for me.

Overall I like using long range weapons but they will never be good in this game. But I still like playing them anyway. :)