PDA

View Full Version : This issue needs to be settled now.

AkenoKobayashi
04-14-2018, 10:54 PM
Okay, Ubisoft, we know you've heard this since Season 2. The Faction War is screwed up. The Knights claimed they should have won Season 2, with a few people posting videos on Youtube showing that the assets were fiddled with at the last second to give the Samurai the win. Once that happened, the Knights took Season 3 without any resistance. The pattern for this was given by several people; the faction that doesn't receive any Heroes or maps gets the win.

Season 1: Vikings won 3-2-0.

Season 2: Samurai got the Shinobi and Knights got the Centurion, plus one map each. Samurai won 2-2-1 with Tie Breaker rules given to us, and this is when Knights pointed out that moments prior to the announcement of the win, they had more assets overall compared to the Samurai, but the final board on the official site changed the number of assets towards the Samurai.

Season 3: Highlander for the Vikings, Gladiator for the Knights, plus maps Knights win 3 rounds in a row without any struggle.

Season 4: Samurai gets Aramusha, Vikings get Shaman, plus maps. Vikings win, with the announcement that no new content will be given out but character reworks will happen.

Season 5: Vikings win with a shut out victory.

At this point, could it be that because no content is being given out that we finally see the true skill of the factions? No. No we're not. Let's not forget that since launch, Ubisoft explained that there would be a population mechanic used in making sure the war was kept balanced. The faction with the least amount of players got more assets per player. As we know, over the year that this game has been out, the player count has been a roller coster. But the overall population count has not changed much.

Samurai has the highest total player count, followed by Knights, then Vikings. That means, of course, that the Vikings get a population bonus. Meaning, they get more assets per player to put on the board. Unfortunately, this population bonus does not count only active player counts within a set time period. Taking that into consideration shows that the Samurai have highest population in total, but have the lowest active player count. Vikings, have the lowest population count but highest number of active players.

More active players + population bonus = more assets in total.

The Vikings were predicted to win Season 5, and they did. All because of the population bonus that Ubisoft has in effect. Vikings will win every war so long as this bonus remains active and unchanged.

So, I suggest that either Ubisoft changes the population bonus to count only active players, or turns it off completely next season. Also, Ubisoft never addressed the theories that the war was rigged during Year 1, and have yet to talk about it. They did make jokes about it though.

I would appreciate it if Ubisoft would come forward and put this discussion to bed once and for all.

JadeBosson.
04-15-2018, 01:38 AM
how much of a bonus do they get anyways

Vakris_One
04-15-2018, 01:55 AM
Rest assured they will not. Once Bio finally shows up again in a Warriors Den she will crack jokes about the FW being rigged and how the Vikings are the bestest faction everest and the other two just need to git gudder. If you're expecting a proffessional, non-sarcastic and non-intelligence insulting commentry on the state of the Faction War then I'm afraid this is the wrong dev team for that.

Memes, jokes and sarcasm is pretty much all they ever do when addressing their players.

AkenoKobayashi
04-15-2018, 03:28 AM
I don't know how exactly the bonus is applied, or what the bonus amount is, but it's clearly enough to make the Samurai AND the Knights struggle to keep the Vikings back. And the Vikings know that they have the unintentionally unfair advantage, and they will relish in it until it's taken from them. If it ever is taken from them.

Of course...if people begin to change factions over to the Viking side to take the bonus away themselves...So the Knights or Samurai can get their chance at winning again. It would be the most honorable thing to do. Like a sacrifice for the greater good. Maybe I should reinstall the game on my PS4, and join the Vikings to give my +1 to their population, and 0.000001% of their bonus taken away.

AkenoKobayashi
04-22-2018, 12:31 AM
lol Samurai had 30+ territories in the last round, but lost them outright. It would be highly suspicious if the Samurai took the last round.

Hormly
04-22-2018, 06:26 AM
Is it so difficult to fathom that the vikings are just superior in all ways?

Devils-_-legacy
04-22-2018, 10:17 AM
The fact they seem to be able to do it with ease while having the smallest fraction shouldn't show you it has nothing to do with the vikings being "better" but the fraction war being handed to them by there balance system

Vakris_One
04-22-2018, 03:47 PM
Anybody can be superior when the game's balancing overwhelmingly favours them. I'd be keen to see the Vikings try to pull this off if bonus asset weighting was switched off.

Hormly
04-22-2018, 04:20 PM
The best part of this is that if everyone decides to faction hop they will still lose 😄

Vakris_One
04-22-2018, 04:49 PM
Famous last words right there ;)

Alustar.
04-22-2018, 04:52 PM
I feel part of the problem is that there are only asset gains and no asset losses. Even for losing a match you get assets. I doubt these maps would look the same if you could win/lose assets based on match performance.

Vakris_One
04-22-2018, 05:58 PM
I feel part of the problem is that there are only asset gains and no asset losses. Even for losing a match you get assets. I doubt these maps would look the same if you could win/lose assets based on match performance.
But the problem with that is that it makes far too much sense and is leaning too much towards a good and fair balance.

Alustar.
04-22-2018, 06:15 PM
But the problem with that is that it makes far too much sense and is leaning too much towards a good and fair balance.

Right? And with the amount of players that already complain about balance, that would be a cardinal sin. I got you. XD

AkenoKobayashi
04-22-2018, 10:23 PM

I don't consider someone to be superior when they have an unfair advantage.

We.the.North
04-22-2018, 10:36 PM
What boggle me is the fact my team has knights / samurai / viking in it. When we win, everyone gets war assets ... making the "struggle" a little ******ed when you fight alongside your enemies for the sake of matchmaking.

But hey, even the loser get war assets. In the end, this "everybody wins for participating" is part of the reason Ubisoft is a joke with Faction War.

ONYX_x5
04-23-2018, 04:22 AM
Every player should change to one faction. Then what happens? The map is won and everybody wins every time.
What would Ubisoft do then?
Collect data?

Hormly
04-23-2018, 05:44 AM
The devs could experiment with an event where teams are locked to factions/classes. So itd be a true vikings vs knights etc

Helnekromancer
04-23-2018, 07:26 AM
The devs could experiment with an event where teams are locked to factions/classes. So itd be a true vikings vs knights etc

Been asking for that since Day 1. Playing Dominion, why are there Knights and Vikings on my team? Why am I fighting fellow Samurai? Wish the game gave you bonus assets for playing Heroes of the Faction your in and faction events, like actual events where you are paired/grouped with players of your faction because I barely see any Samurai when I play. :(

DrinkinMehStella
04-23-2018, 10:52 AM
couldn't ubi just have assigned everyone a faction rather than let everyone pick. They could use their statistical readings to distribute everyone equally to make it fairer? too late now but that could have solved the mismatch.

Playing_Mantis
04-23-2018, 12:24 PM
ok your ******ed.. what does ubi gain from this rigging of faction wars? u think they all play viking and then really just want to win so they can get their crates or their assets? or do u think they could just get them free because they made the game?? now if its rigged wouldn't they try to balance the winners around to avoid cry babies posting **** like this? come on guy, overthinking this.. its not rigged!!! don't be a tard!

PDXGorechild
04-23-2018, 03:42 PM

This.

But in all seriousness, whether it's a conspiracy theory, a failure in the balancing system, or every bodies over active imaginations and lack of meaningful pastimes, why do you care? The faction war is pointless, unrewarding and poorly thought out. Ubisoft know this. Short of a complete overhaul of how it works, it's never going to be any good anyway.

Hormly
04-23-2018, 04:57 PM
This.

But in all seriousness, whether it's a conspiracy theory, a failure in the balancing system, or every bodies over active imaginations and lack of meaningful pastimes, why do you care? The faction war is pointless, unrewarding and poorly thought out. Ubisoft know this. Short of a complete overhaul of how it works, it's never going to be any good anyway.

Exactly. Ive been a viking since beta and i have not once used any of the rewards given to me. The entire ordeal is 100% nonsense

Vakris_One
04-23-2018, 05:29 PM
Every player should change to one faction. Then what happens? The map is won and everybody wins every time.
What would Ubisoft do then?
Collect data?
The way they balance the FW the faction left with just 2 players on it would be destroying the other two factions with thousands of players on them.

I'd want them to try this. A true faction vs faction mode.

why do you care?
Because the Faction War could have been cool if it was done properly or at least balanced better than this.

PDXGorechild
04-23-2018, 06:13 PM
They should've copied planetside's format. That buggy, half baked free to play game got closer than Ubisoft did.

What i'd like to i'd like to see is a map with territories that you fight in depending on your server region. Rewards would be granted to the players of the faction that dominated that particular region at the end of each round. Cash rewards + Unique gear. The overall winning faction of every region would receive additional rewards at the end of each season. Obviously Ubi would have to fine tune their system for equalising war assets before this, or any other idea would work.

Vakris_One
04-23-2018, 07:59 PM
They should've copied planetside's format. That buggy, half baked free to play game got closer than Ubisoft did.

What i'd like to i'd like to see is a map with territories that you fight in depending on your server region. Rewards would be granted to the players of the faction that dominated that particular region at the end of each round. Cash rewards + Unique gear. The overall winning faction of every region would receive additional rewards at the end of each season. Obviously Ubi would have to fine tune their system for equalising war assets before this, or any other idea would work.
One can only hope. So far Ubi have only doubled down on continuing to maintain the Faction War in the laziest and least creative way possible.