PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion What do you think about sharing games before release to bloggers?

Vovanella95
04-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Hi guys! First of all I love Ubisoft games, I love AC game series, it's my favorite franchise. And we all know that Ubisoft share new games with some people before release. It's good PR for game, but from player side, it's not fair. I preordered game, payed for this, but some bloggers playing this game earlier. They have collectors editions earlier. But they did'nt love this game like me. And in this cases I feeling trated :( This bloggers even don't know names of characters, don't know story of previous games. I know it helps Ubisoft to PR game, but it's just not fair :| If I preordered game - I should play it first.

What guys are you feeling about it?

P. S. #ReturnJuno

MnemonicSyntax
04-15-2018, 02:37 AM
Become a blogger?

cawatrooper9
04-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Vovanella95,

A big part of the reason content creators get early access to games (and it's definitely not just Assassins Creed) is because it allows them plenty of time to become familiar with and possibly even finish the game to allow for a review to be released near the time the game comes out.

As someone who used to do game reviews without advance copies... oh man, it's hard to even get a quality review released even a week out from release.

I'd echo Mnemonic though, provided you might have a passion for content creation of some kind (blogginb, game reviews, Let's Plays, etc). I definitely wouldn't do it just for advance access to games, but content creation like this can be its own reward if you enjoy it enough!