PDA

View Full Version : Idea so players donít have to put up with the ganking

Jedioutcast88
04-14-2018, 05:48 AM
Being that ganking has been an issue with the game for a long time and only getting worse. It really doesnít seems like there is anything in site to fix this problem that a lot of the players have with for honor. Why not just give players the option to vote to surrender a match? Really I would rather have something like that then either quit out the match take the quit penalty on top of loosing out on exp. and steel, then sit through all match on a land sliding lose just wating for the match to over.

Goat_of_Vermund
04-16-2018, 06:06 PM
That's a good idea. Each team should have a surrender button, and if at least three voted for it, it should end the match. It should have a 1 minute countdown if the team's other members vote down the surrender, and after the 3rd time, the team members voting for the surrender should have an option to quit without penalty.

John_Stoner
04-16-2018, 09:48 PM
That's a good idea. Each team should have a surrender button, and if at least three voted for it, it should end the match. It should have a 1 minute countdown if the team's other members vote down the surrender, and after the 3rd time, the team members voting for the surrender should have an option to quit without penalty.

so that you and your 2 buddies can all vote at the begin of match... and if it look like loosing you can leave without penalty? 😂😂😂
are you kidding me? I can only imagine abuse of mechanism like that.

nyrue
04-16-2018, 10:28 PM
I have a better idea how bout we fix the game so that its at least possible to take on multiple enemies,

Jedioutcast88
04-16-2018, 10:48 PM
I have a better idea how bout we fix the game so that its at least possible to take on multiple enemies,

I think the majority of us would love something like that to happen, but letís be realistic thatís going to take time and time is money. Developers donít work for free. Something like this could be in place maybe to help buy time till the developers can have a realfix for the ganking. You have to think putting small changes like this is one thing it doesnít require much and you wouldnít have to rework the game to do it either.

SpaceJim12
04-17-2018, 10:09 AM
I think the major problem with gunks is not cause you fight with multiple enemies, but cause it's simple to use some core machanics to leave no chance to someone stand enough until reinforcmence have arrive.
And now I mean feints, stuns, multiple GB and all this. While this mechanics ok in duel, where it lead to so favored "mind games", in gunk situation it's easy way to win. For example on Glad I could only spam Toe Stab, and it's destroy any deffence potential of the enemy. And while he have toe stabed, anyone can easily land heavy. But let's say it could be avoid by using revenge. But there happend the most stupid mechanics for gunks - feints.
While you try to keep pressure and don't forget def, the only feinted (you don't need to feint, actualy, just cancel move) UB from the side or behind it the right moment, and you react, but instead you performed heavy to someone you locked on, he parry you and everyone in gunk party can hit you with light or even heavy.
In season 1 stand against multiple targets were fun, cause you have a chance, huge sometimes. No 4v1 looks like casual business, not fight. And this is not cause of revenge nerf or something like that. It's cause of core game mechanics.

Jedioutcast88
04-17-2018, 10:45 AM
I think the major problem with gunks is not cause you fight with multiple enemies, but cause it's simple to use some core machanics to leave no chance to someone stand enough until reinforcmence have arrive.
And now I mean feints, stuns, multiple GB and all this. While this mechanics ok in duel, where it lead to so favored "mind games", in gunk situation it's easy way to win. For example on Glad I could only spam Toe Stab, and it's destroy any deffence potential of the enemy. And while he have toe stabed, anyone can easily land heavy. But let's say it could be avoid by using revenge. But there happend the most stupid mechanics for gunks - feints.
While you try to keep pressure and don't forget def, the only feinted (you don't need to feint, actualy, just cancel move) UB from the side or behind it the right moment, and you react, but instead you performed heavy to someone you locked on, he parry you and everyone in gunk party can hit you with light or even heavy.
In season 1 stand against multiple targets were fun, cause you have a chance, huge sometimes. No 4v1 looks like casual business, not fight. And this is not cause of revenge nerf or something like that. It's cause of core game mechanics.

Yeah I agree, i see where a lot of the problem comes in. This was just a quick fix so players dont have to put up with it in long dragged out matches. I had made a post about actually scaling back on what they give character to work with. That pretty much when the centurion was added it broke the mechanics of the game and that the additional characters just made it worse. I Main kensei is rework is nice but really I would have been happy to have his pommel strike. He was great at waiting people against the centurions because players would play home aggressive and kensei would just wreck them. Everything is almost not needed. Less sometimes is better specially in a game where a lot of the modes you have a lot going on and to worry about and can make a lot of the ganging up moments chaotic. That rework all 6 added characters to fit with in the original roster would be the best and ideal solution. Granted that seemed to not really catch anyoneís interest.
Being realistic something like that is going to take a lot of time and effort on the developers to do so why not put in place at least a mercy system. These way players yeah will have to deal with it but not as long. Some of those matches can last 10-15 minutes long. Something needs to be done about this. Even if everything else was fixed thatís wrong in the game this alone can still hurt the game in gaining players back and playing more consistently.

SpaceJim12
04-17-2018, 11:52 AM
Being realistic something like that is going to take a lot of time and effort on the developers to do so why not put in place at least a mercy system. These way players yeah will have to deal with it but not as long. Some of those matches can last 10-15 minutes long. Something needs to be done about this. Even if everything else was fixed that’s wrong in the game this alone can still hurt the game in gaining players back and playing more consistently.

I don't think this system will work well. For now 80% of matches that I have were me superior own opponent, or they did the same to me. It's cause of low playerbase, or bad matchmaking I don;t know, but if you add this system there will be 80% matches were my teammates vote to quit or my opponents vote to quit. And this mean instead of game we'll get vote simulator.

New players by the way probably vote to quit from 99% matches, cause of low skill ai the start.

Jedioutcast88
04-17-2018, 01:39 PM
I don't think this system will work well. For now 80% of matches that I have were me superior own opponent, or they did the same to me. It's cause of low playerbase, or bad matchmaking I don;t know, but if you add this system there will be 80% matches were my teammates vote to quit or my opponents vote to quit. And this mean instead of game we'll get vote simulator.

New players by the way probably vote to quit from 99% matches, cause of low skill ai the start.

Iím just putting the idea out there. Getting tired of waiting around for Ubisoft to fix for honor. This game has a low community on PC with far to many new players so there is no challenge and the Console version is poorly optimized and just fool of Ganking. I just want to enjoy this game again and itís current state itís just not fun on either platform.

SpaceJim12
04-17-2018, 02:55 PM
I’m just putting the idea out there. Getting tired of waiting around for Ubisoft to fix for honor. This game has a low community on PC with far to many new players so there is no challenge and the Console version is poorly optimized and just fool of Ganking. I just want to enjoy this game again and it’s current state it’s just not fun on either platform.

I just discovered Lawbringer, and he stole my minds. And by the way, just understand the simple truth, 60% of looses in 4v4 Dominion have nothing in common with your skill or anything like this. Lags, cheaters (I wat to believe for good, but...PC players), gunkers, bad matchmaking and everything like this make this game worst for challenge. I were very raged, upset and all this by almost a year. And than I quited, rested, and return in the middle of the season. And I just realised, that this game must be only for your fun, do whatever you want, do not let looses put you down (cause, you know, you always understand where you did your best).
I new on LB, have only 2 rep on him, poor gear, and I still can kills 20 rep LBs, stand gunks and even survived them. That's enough for me. And, you know, when I meet players, who just made simple moves and I can't block any single hit, I remembred that just a round ago I could parry high feinted Shaman and react properly. And I understand that moment that this just lags, nothing special.
We will see how situation will change after lag comp and ping shows.