PDA

View Full Version : Raider should get top heavy off top light parry

XJadeDragoonX
04-13-2018, 09:54 PM
Yep

Crosstails20
04-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Okay, that's a claim, but why should he? I play Raider and I think he is fine the way he is. If you want to convince me, go to school and learn how to use evidence. Also, why he shouldn't have the ability to do that is because it isn't necessary, he can already get a massive punishes. If you want an example he can get a Stunning Tap, Light, Raiders Fury if they can't parry themselves, GB sometimes and even a side heavy. Why do they need a top-heavy punish? For a simple parry that seems like overkill. Also, note that you can get a top-heavy off of a parry, your opponent just has to be very very stupid and I haven't tested all of these options so sorry if I am wrong on some of these attacks. I will follow this up later.

XJadeDragoonX
04-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Im not sure why you're being so aggressive. It's obvious why he should. Everyone else does. Even Highlander gets an offensive stance heavy. Lawbringer gets his unblockable top heavy off a parry from any direction. Does 45 damage. Stuns. Takes stamina. Warden gets top heavy.
Berserker gets top heavy.
Nobushi gets top heavy.
Shugoki gets top heavy.
Gladiator gets top heavy.
Shaman
Peacekeeper
Warlord
Orochi
Aramusha
Shinobi
Conqueror
Centurion
Valkyrie

Everyone except kensei. But kensei has a million more options than raider. And raider doesn't always get a guaranteed side heavy off of a top light parry. Why should raider get just a stunning tap or a light off of a top light parry when everyone else gets 40 damage guaranteed. Why should he have to waste HALF his stamina on raiders fury just to get 28 damage when everyone else uses barely any stamina for their 40 damage or more moves?

And I'm just talking about TOP LIGHT PARRY. not side light. Just top light only.

But mainly? Because it's common sense so I didn't think I needed to explain myself. Just assumed that people reading this weren't *******es.

There's my evidence -_-

bmason1000
04-13-2018, 11:16 PM
If you're missing the side heavy on light parry, it means you're inputting too slow. Seeing as it's 40 damage, which is what everyone else gets, this is perfectly in line with all other punishes. LB gets his unblockable because parry counters are supposed to be his thing. No one else gets more than 40, why should raider? Input your guard change and heavy attack during the parry animation and you'll get it every time. 40 damage just like, or more, than everyone else.

EvoX.
04-13-2018, 11:29 PM
If you were an experienced Raider, you'd know that this would be an unfair change.

XJadeDragoonX
04-13-2018, 11:51 PM
I am an experienced raider. I have a 70 percent wine rate with him in duels. I also play on console so parrying lights is more difficult anyway. It's just a 5 damage difference from his normal side heavies. Idk how that's so unfair. And especially since itwould just be for top light.

Wardens top crushing counter gets 30 damage and basically a guaranteed shield bash into side light combo which does the same damage if not more.

Vakris_One
04-14-2018, 01:08 AM
He gets a side heavy worth 40 damage which is pretty standard for most characters, I don't see a problem here.