PDA

View Full Version : NERF the KENSEI

FeintThat
04-13-2018, 01:32 PM
The title says all. But on this forum, we are pretty much talking to ourselfs.

Roseguard_Cpt
04-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Well, you could start with what it is that you think is overtuned, purpose a change, and if it's a big change, say what you'll give the Kensei to make up for the nerf.
Kensei has a great kit with tons of mixups and variety, but if we don't actually say what we think the issue is, nothing can really be done to possibly fix it.
For me personally the only small change I would make is just remove the hyper armor on 1st and second feinted lights, but keep it on the third as it's a chain finisher.

Arekonator
04-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Zone forward tracking could use some toning down for sure. I think he is fine as he is otherwise.

wolfman25br
04-13-2018, 01:59 PM

Nonsense. Take a pill cent guy.
No kensei nerf should be registered and considerated in a period of less than 10 months. Kensei mains struggles since launch with a bare bone kit.
Man up, and take the beating like a man.

FeintThat
04-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Ok, if it is so fair, give all other Vanguards the hyperarmor on light attacks and side heavy attacks.

Devils-_-legacy
04-13-2018, 02:03 PM
Or you could wait till they get reworked kensie always had ha on side finishers they have only added it on light finishers.
(No kensei nerf should be registered and considerated in a period of less than 10 months. ) your a fool if something is needed to change there not going to wait 10 months

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 02:07 PM
For me personally the only small change I would make is just remove the hyper armor on 1st and second feinted lights, but keep it on the third as it's a chain finisher.

That would be amazing actually. I might find him combatable again.

wolfman25br
04-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Or you could wait till they get reworked kensie always had ha on side finishers they have only added it on light finishers.
(No kensei nerf should be registered and considerated in a period of less than 10 months. ) your a fool if something is needed to change there not going to wait 10 months

Life is not fair.
Kensei mains struggles for a whole year. (im not one of them)
So yeah I hope the nerf take quite some time.
Go Team Kensei. Release all you opness!

wolfman25br
04-13-2018, 02:28 PM

Life is not fair.
Kensei mains struggles for a whole year. (im not one of them)
So yeah I hope the nerf take quite some time.
Go Team Kensei. Release all you opness!

Devils-_-legacy
04-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Ive played kensie since realease if they find a problem they will fix it they won't wait ten months

wolfman25br
04-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Every time I get a beating from a kensei...

https://media.giphy.com/media/vgUFOWBwBkziE/giphy.gif.

Good for you sir...Good for you.

ADixon81
04-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Well, you could start with what it is that you think is overtuned, purpose a change, and if it's a big change, say what you'll give the Kensei to make up for the nerf.
Kensei has a great kit with tons of mixups and variety, but if we don't actually say what we think the issue is, nothing can really be done to possibly fix it.

My only issue is as a nobushi main I have side slash that is faster than the kensei dodge yet my blade goes right through him and I get hit. It is frustrating and I hope it can be fixed.

Siegfried-Z
04-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Ok, if it is so fair, give all other Vanguards the hyperarmor on light attacks and side heavy attacks.

Your Argue has no sense man.. Warden and raider has others weapons ... if not the 18 char would be the same :nonchalance:

Like i've said in many others topics like yours just learn to fight him he is far from being invincible ...

Crosstails20
04-13-2018, 03:00 PM
If you are going to make a claim like this, you have to have evidence to back it up. You could put frame data, community opinion, anything. If people see this post and don't think the Kensei needs to be nerfed, well this is just a waste of your time and effort.

Vakris_One
04-13-2018, 03:24 PM
All the title says is that you got beaten by a Kensei and came to the forum to rage about it. Provide details about what you want changed and why if you actually want to be productive. If you just want to vent then proceed on but don't expect to be taken seriously until you offer a calm and rational argument.

That would be amazing actually. I might find him combatable again.
But he already doesn't have hyper armour on his 1st or 2nd feinted lights. His only hyper armour is on his light finishers and his side heavy finishers.

He only has HA on his light finishers and side heavy finishers. So I take it you are having a problem with his HA finishers? His side heavies are slow so you can learn to parry them even when he soft feints into them. His lights are blockable on reaction even when soft feinted, try practicing against a bot or with a friend. The upcoming arena training mode will be expressly designed for practicing against specific moves, it comes out next Thursday on the 19th.

Cliff_001
04-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Every time I get a beating from a kensei...

https://media.giphy.com/media/vgUFOWBwBkziE/giphy.gif.

Good for you sir...Good for you.
Sounds like you have a weird fetish for getting wooped by kensei's.

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 04:06 PM
All the title says is that you got beaten by a Kensei and came to the forum to rage about it. Provide details about what you want changed and why if you actually want to be productive. If you just want to vent then proceed on but don't expect to be taken seriously until you offer a calm and rational argument.

But he already doesn't have hyper armour on his 1st or 2nd feinted lights. His only hyper armour is on his light finishers and his side heavy finishers.

He only has HA on his light finishers and side heavy finishers. So I take it you are having a problem with his HA finishers? His side heavies are slow so you can learn to parry them even when he soft feints into them. His lights are blockable on reaction even when soft feinted, try practicing against a bot or with a friend. The upcoming arena training mode will be expressly designed for practicing against specific moves, it comes out next Thursday on the 19th.

Are you certain? If you are then it means the game is buggier than I thought. Ive has the Kensei eat as many attacks as the Berzerker since the rework.

Vakris_One
04-13-2018, 04:12 PM
Are you certain? If you are then it means the game is buggier than I thought. Ive has the Kensei eat as many attacks as the Berzerker since the rework.
100% certain. But you don't have to just take my word on it. Take him into a training match against the level 0 PK bot and you will discover exactly where he has Hyper Armour and where he does not.

guor6800
04-13-2018, 04:17 PM

Kensei has hy just on chain finishers either light or heavy (except top heavy finisher which is unblockable). No more no less.
He used to have hy on zone before the rework but not anymore.

So the majority of guys in this post either haven't met a Kensei before season 5 or haven't got used to him yet I suppose.

Personally i would change two things. First of all No more dash attack to light finishers. Just heavy ones and proceed with mind games. Getting almost free lights while dancing around the battlefield is a bit too much. Hy stays on light finishers because I have to work my way there. Or remove hy on them but can chain them after dodge attacking. Either one seems pretty balanced to me.

And secondly he should not be able to delay his dodge attack. Thats all

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Hmmm, perhaps I'll just wait to fully judge Kensei until aftet some lag compensation is in play. It could honestly explain why it seems like he has more hyper armor.

Devils-_-legacy
04-13-2018, 06:44 PM
I honestly would. playing and trying to learn a counter to a hero with lag working against you your not going to get the timings down properly and that will just breed more frustrating towards the game.

FeintThat
04-14-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry if i meet some Kensei in a duel, just know, that i will leave the first 10 seconds :)
no hard feelings. Until the fix him.

HazelrahFirefly
04-14-2018, 03:59 PM
I'm sorry if i meet some Kensei in a duel, just know, that i will leave the first 10 seconds :)

Nah, don't leave Duels like that. It takes two minutes to get your *** kicked and then find another opponent. You might even learn something (I haven't yet, but you might lol).

Now the other day I did quit a Dominion right at the start because it was an obvious gank squad of FOUR Kensei I was up against. HELLLLLLLLLL NO. Haha.

guor6800
04-14-2018, 04:08 PM

Sure go ahead. Still you haven't mentioned what bothers you on him though?

You could always take your time on arena with him or even put some time playing him.
But nah leaving is easier,thats true

Vakris_One
04-14-2018, 05:30 PM
I'm sorry that you feel that your own lack of skill means a character is broken but that's how 80% of this community behave so I really shouldn't be surprised. Thankfully the devs don't rely on this level of "feedback" for which to balance the characters around.

The "fix" is in you actually putting in the effort to get better at fighting this particular character as there is nothing fundamentally broken about him. They will make tweaks to him such as remove the delay on his dodge strike and adjust the distance forward that his zone propels him but they will never wilingly make any character an easy win for below average players.

Knight_Raime
04-14-2018, 05:52 PM

So you'd rather take a 10 minute penalty for a match that could end in less than 5?
cool. You do know that what you're doing breaks the game rules and you can be reported for it right?

FeintThat
04-14-2018, 07:42 PM
No u don't receive a penalty if u leave in the first 10 seconds..

FeintThat
04-14-2018, 07:45 PM
Sure go ahead. Still you haven't mentioned what bothers you on him though?

You could always take your time on arena with him or even put some time playing him.
But nah leaving is easier,thats true

It bothers me that every attack of his is now uninterruptible and it has hyper armor, same they did on the reworked ZERK. I mean WTF then give all heroes hyper armor and uninterruptibles and lets just mash buttons on each other and see who falls first...

bmason1000
04-14-2018, 08:23 PM
It bothers me that every attack of his is now uninterruptible and it has hyper armor, same they did on the reworked ZERK. I mean WTF then give all heroes hyper armor and uninterruptibles and lets just mash buttons on each other and see who falls first... kensei only has hyper armor on finishers and the only armor they added to zerk is maintaning it after a feint. All other instances of zerk hyper armor have been there since season 1.

FeintThat
04-14-2018, 11:25 PM
kensei only has hyper armor on finishers and the only armor they added to zerk is maintaning it after a feint. All other instances of zerk hyper armor have been there since season 1.

U can fool the New users.. Zerk had to do 4 hits to get in his hyper armor stance if u did not know. Now he can faint and continue to have hyper armor??? And a unblockable with hyper armor.. Wtf.. And about your kensei finisher.. Je can Just go light on empty space and the next attack is already a finisher. So yea, an uninterruptable god.

Vakris_One
04-15-2018, 01:39 AM
U can fool the New users.. Zerk had to do 4 hits to get in his hyper armor stance if u did not know. Now he can faint and continue to have hyper armor??? And a unblockable with hyper armor.. Wtf.. And about your kensei finisher.. Je can Just go light on empty space and the next attack is already a finisher. So yea, an uninterruptable god.
Maybe try taking Kensei into a practice match against the level 0 bot and find out first hand that he only gets hyper armour only on the 3rd and final light or side heavy that he throws. If you're letting a Kensei get to his HA chain finishers and worse still choosing to attack him at that point instead of blocking or parrying him then that's entirely on you.

Card1acArrest
04-15-2018, 06:31 AM
Vakris_one,
i agree the Kensei need a nerf.

THe overall package is too good.
He got range, speed, damage. mixup.
it is too much.

Nerf his max damage to 30.
I would find that suitable. He is too versatile. He lacks no option. So why should he do so much damage?

Compare him to orochi or valkyrie, and you get my point.

guor6800
04-15-2018, 07:02 AM
Vakris_one,

it is too much.

I would find that suitable. He is too versatile. He lacks no option. So why should he do so much damage?

Because he is slow af! Top heavies are equivalent to two cent heavies speedwise.If you cannot parry some 1000+ ms moves problem is not with the champion mate. People still have problemss with his dash attack coming from a different side of his dodge.

Still from the time kensei got reworked i have been saying to nerf two things: a)Remove his ability to chain light finishers after dash attacks and keep hyper armor on those. Or still can chain but remove the armor.
And B) Cannot delay the timing of the dash attack anymore.

Everything else is a must have if we want a kensei that can compete with the rest of the cast.

Vakris_One
04-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Vakris_one,

it is too much.

Why would I compare him to two characters that have yet to receive their own reworks? That's basically saying cripple all characters so that no one is better than the gimped non-reworked heroes languishing in C-tier. When Orochi and Valk receive their reworks then we can talk about comparing them.

The entire point of the Kensei was always for him to be adaptable and good at mixups. He's not going to get a nerf because there is nothing OP or unreasonable about his rework. Except for his top light and zone he is quite slow and most of his moves are quite telegraphed.

The only tweaks he needs are:
- Remove the ability to delay the dodge strike
- Decrease the distance forward his zone propels him

And personally I would also remove the hyper armour from his light finishers because he doesn't need HA on them as they are perfectly fine without it.

Alustar.
04-15-2018, 03:30 PM
Just wait till the new reworks come out, Kensei will be but a distant memory and sub par players will have a new set of heroes to complain about. It's a trend, new heroes are always OP because Ubisoft wants money, reworked heroes are OP because they are performing better and forcing players to relearn combat kits. I swear, some of you won't be happy until every hero but the few you play are nerfed to the point that they are useless.
And does anyone saying "this is so OP!" Even actually understand what that term means? It's simple, if a hero is able to perform at any skill level and defeat any match up regardless of opponents skill then yes, take a look at it. If any hero is able to successfully attack without ever fearing that they will be blocked/parried/dodged and there is no means of defending against them due to speed then, yeah OP. But every hero in this game can be blocked and dodged, every hero in the game is capable of being killed by any player who has taken the time to learn proper counters. Some heroes do better against others due to internal mechanics of that hero in question, that's how you get balance. You don't achieve balance by making every hero the same carbon copy as the next, that's not balance, that's stasis.

HighWithEagle
04-16-2018, 05:08 AM
Remove his dash ability, he's a vanguard not an assassin, why dies he get a dash attack with conqueror strong defence properties? Why don't the other two vanguard's get a dash attack?

Arekonator
04-16-2018, 05:37 AM
Why is his dodge attack suddenly a problem? Its been exactly the same, together with following unblockable mixup for at least last six months. Only thing the rework did was to up its stamina cost and treat it as a heavy for parry purposes.

HighWithEagle
04-16-2018, 06:03 AM
Why is his dodge attack suddenly a problem? Its been exactly the same, together with following unblockable mixup for at least last six months. Only thing the rework did was to up its stamina cost and treat it as a heavy for parry purposes.

It's always been a problem, he's a vanguard why dies he get to dash around like an assassin? Other then recovery time it's a better dash then assassin dodge. I just recently made an account so now I can give my two cents.

Siegfried-Z
04-16-2018, 10:06 AM

It is so funny how a lot of people here are crying and saying things kensei has from season 1 are OP :D

Happy to see some ppl like Valkris are good enough to think a bit before talking and screaming he is sooo OP .....

You just don't use to see Kensei before and to get crush by one... I am Kensei Main since end of season 2 and was already crushing most of ppl i've fought.

Nothing too OP at all now, they just help him to make his movest usefull.

Just the speed of the zone should be fixed but that's all. And still this is not worst than PK or Orochi zone .

So just improve your own skills before saying he is OP.

My Kensei is Rep 15 and again this last weekend, i've broken many others Kensei because now that he is "so OP" a lot of noobs use it like stupids "Dash dash dash" .. just fight smartly and they are free kill.

Arekonator
04-16-2018, 10:37 AM
It's always been a problem, he's a vanguard why dies he get to dash around like an assassin? Other then recovery time it's a better dash then assassin dodge. I just recently made an account so now I can give my two cents.

On the contrary, no one complained about it prior to the rework. And both warden and raider DO have attack that is initiated from a dodge - shoulderbash for warden and stunning tap for raider. Its slowest dodge attack in the game, and the easiest parry you can get,

Alustar.
04-16-2018, 11:48 AM
This thread is proof that players throw out the OP card at anything that disrupts their success rate with their own heroes. Every gaming community I've been in the story is the same. As I've said before, the majority of the time players use OP so frequently now, they don't even know what it actually means anymore.

Vakris_One
04-16-2018, 08:36 PM
Remove his dash ability, he's a vanguard not an assassin, why dies he get a dash attack with conqueror strong defence properties? Why don't the other two vanguard's get a dash attack?
They do though. Warden gets shoulder bash from a dodge and Raider gets a GB. All 3 Vanguards have dash attack options. The Kensei's one happens to be a strike which he has had from the very begining of the game and nobody complained about it then. Not anyone that was actually good at the game that is. No idea what you're on about with "Conqueror strong defence properties".

bmason1000
04-16-2018, 09:09 PM
It bothers me that every attack of his is now uninterruptible and it has hyper armor, same they did on the reworked ZERK. I mean WTF then give all heroes hyper armor and uninterruptibles and lets just mash buttons on each other and see who falls first...

kensei only has hyper armor on finishers and the only armor they added to zerk is maintaning it after a feint. All other instances of zerk hyper armor have been there since season 1.

U can fool the New users.. Zerk had to do 4 hits to get in his hyper armor stance if u did not know. Now he can faint and continue to have hyper armor??? And a unblockable with hyper armor.. Wtf.. And about your kensei finisher.. Je can Just go light on empty space and the next attack is already a finisher. So yea, an uninterruptable god. I've mained berserker since the beta, i fully understand how release zerks armor worked, which they changed in season 1. So let me add the word "rework" to my original statement.

Kensei only has hyper armor on finishers and the only armor the rework added to zerk is maintaning it after a feint. All other instances of zerk hyper armor have been there since season 1.

FeintThat
04-17-2018, 12:04 AM
I've mained berserker since the beta, i fully understand how release zerks armor worked, which they changed in season 1. So let me add the word "rework" to my original statement.

Kensei only has hyper armor on finishers and the only armor the rework added to zerk is maintaning it after a feint. All other instances of zerk hyper armor have been there since season 1.

So you are saying Zerker has unblockable attack with hyper armor since season 1?????? Hahahaha
Dude berserker had to do 4 hits in season 1 to get his hyper armor. If interupted, he had to start all over again. Now he can faint and maintain hyper armor.. where is the logic in that? And no, Zerker did not even have unblockable attack till season 5. So dont sell "Zerker main since beta"...

bmason1000
04-17-2018, 01:31 AM

So you are saying Zerker has unblockable attack with hyper armor since season 1?????? Hahahaha
Dude berserker had to do 4 hits in season 1 to get his hyper armor. If interupted, he had to start all over again. Now he can faint and maintain hyper armor.. where is the logic in that? And no, Zerker did not even have unblockable attack till season 5. So dont sell "Zerker main since beta"...

Did i say anything about unblockables? No, no I did not.

The change in zerks armor activation, from activating on 4th attack to activating on 2nd attack, was introduced in patch v1.05 on April 5th in season 1.

With berserkers rework, the only addition to their hyper armor was activating/maintaining after a feint.

JustNerf_em
04-17-2018, 02:15 AM
Listen just get rid of his doge side heavy thatís literally all people spam keep everything else but get rid of that please

Rikuto01.tv
04-17-2018, 03:09 AM
Dont hate the kensei because he has tools.

Hate yourself for picking a character without any.

guor6800
04-17-2018, 06:18 AM
Listen just get rid of his doge side heavy thatís literally all people spam keep everything else but get rid of that please

Listen just parry him a couple of times and he will stop dashing around. If he spams he means he is too predictable.

Vakris_One
04-17-2018, 03:43 PM
Why not learn to counter it instead? It's not that hard at all, especially compared to the stuff people throw at you at mid to high level play. Learn to feint heavies and bait the dodge strike for an easy parry every time. Develope this skill and you'll find you suddenly rise above the ranks of below average players who spam that move.

bmason1000
04-17-2018, 03:57 PM
Listen just parry him a couple of times and he will stop dashing around. If he spams he means he is too predictable.

Why not learn to counter it instead? It's not that hard at all, especially compared to the stuff people throw at you at mid to high level play. Learn to feint heavies and bait the dodge strike for an easy parry every time. Develope this skill and you'll find you suddenly rise above the ranks of below average players who spam that move. These guys get it. Kensei can be rough to deal with but the dash attack is the least of their problems. Also that attacks been in since release, it's not new, why is it suddenly an issue?

Vakris_One
04-17-2018, 04:32 PM
These guys get it. Kensei can be rough to deal with but the dash attack is the least of their problems. Also that attacks been in since release, it's not new, why is it suddenly an issue?
I can understand new players who recently bought the game might have trouble with his dash attack, it takes time to get used to it hitting you from the opposite side of his dash direction when you're just starting out. It being the only side dash attack that does this. The players that aren't new however really should be capable of handling it by now or at least admitting to themselves that they need to practice more.

I just miss the old times when most people would come to the forum to ask for help and advice first rather than open with screaming "OP!" and demanding something be nerfed until it is no longer a threat to their ego on account of refusing to acknowledge that they might just need to up their skill level slightly.

bmason1000
04-17-2018, 05:24 PM
I can understand new players who recently bought the game might have trouble with his dash attack, it takes time to get used to it hitting you from the opposite side of his dash direction when you're just starting out. It being the only side dash attack that does this. The players that aren't new however really should be capable of handling it by now or at least admitting to themselves that they need to practice more.

I just miss the old times when most people would come to the forum to ask for help and advice first rather than open with screaming "OP!" and demanding something be nerfed until it is no longer a threat to their ego on account of refusing to acknowledge that they might just need to up their skill level slightly. Aaaah right, right, new players. That's a good point. You're absolutely right It really did take a while to get used to that, i remember.

As for the forums, i only recently came back to them and you are correct. It's a lot of junk goin on here which if why i dipped out in the first place. Are you on ps4 by any chance? The gfaqs board is realllly low on activity but a much better community.

Vakris_One
04-18-2018, 02:12 AM
Aaaah right, right, new players. That's a good point. You're absolutely right It really did take a while to get used to that, i remember.

As for the forums, i only recently came back to them and you are correct. It's a lot of junk goin on here which if why i dipped out in the first place. Are you on ps4 by any chance? The gfaqs board is realllly low on activity but a much better community.
I'm on PC. I think once the training arena mode gets put in it will help new players to get up to speed on all the heroes and their moves in a much more accessable manner. I remember For Honor had a particularly steep learning curve to overcome initially as a new player. But once you get enough experience a lot of stuff that first seemed crazy hard like parrying and counter GB becomes second nature to you.

destroyer2.1.2.
04-21-2018, 12:35 AM
Really kensei always had more variety than warden for example and we wanted him to be reworked after defeating Apollyon

Playing_Mantis
04-21-2018, 02:16 AM
honestly its nice to have some old characters that are on the top. I'm sick of all the same op heroes. lets hope we can get some threads soon about nerving the orochi and Valk!!! these poor guys been in the dumpster for so long.

Alustar.
04-21-2018, 07:05 PM
honestly its nice to have some old characters that are on the top. I'm sick of all the same op heroes. lets hope we can get some threads soon about nerving the orochi and Valk!!! these poor guys been in the dumpster for so long.

Yeah, there was a thread not too long ago about possible returns to valk/Kochi/PK, but it ended up devolving into a smear fest nerf thread about peacekeeper.
I agree with Vakris in his sentiment that forum talk has devolved into just OP/nerf and hate threads from players who can't seem to be bothered learning a game. It's even more upsetting knowing that a lot of times those same players won't be around well after the changes would take place.

Maxime_Qc-
04-21-2018, 09:08 PM
Kensei got too much time to cancel is top heavy unblockable...

I tested it in arena

I waited till the very last ms possible to parry and at this exact same time im in the parrying animation he cancel and hit with a light ...

GoldenShahbaz
07-13-2018, 12:16 PM
he has the speed of an assassin , hits like a heavy , has a hyper armor , faints like an aramusha (you get what I'm trying to say) , has a range of a spear holder yet attack speed of mele specialist , has unblockables and side dashes , runs pretty fast (unlike highlander, despite wearing a 40k samurai armor ), has a great kit in 4v4 ..... you have pretty much given him everything in the game . take a look at charts there is a reason why he is tier 1 in pretty much every game mode . he is ridiculously buffed !

HazelrahFirefly
07-13-2018, 05:29 PM
Another necromancer appeared!