PDA

View Full Version : radio messages in editor levels???

reumatiib
04-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I was building a level when it dawned on me there don't seem to be any radio-message-options. I checked out the files for the standard game single missions and noted that there are no radio messages in them or radio data any where else. In SH2 you could add a great deal to the games by adding in a constant stream of radio messages that actually said something more than just: "Try harder..."

In real war U-boats were constantly calling back and forth to BdU making reports and even to one another. But in all the missions I've been in so far its like the sub predates the invention of the radio.

I also miss other subs. True, the other subs in SH2 acted dorky at times, but at least they were there and at least they hekped to sink ships.

Being the ONLY U-boat at sea is really starting to get to me!

reumatiib
04-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I was building a level when it dawned on me there don't seem to be any radio-message-options. I checked out the files for the standard game single missions and noted that there are no radio messages in them or radio data any where else. In SH2 you could add a great deal to the games by adding in a constant stream of radio messages that actually said something more than just: "Try harder..."

In real war U-boats were constantly calling back and forth to BdU making reports and even to one another. But in all the missions I've been in so far its like the sub predates the invention of the radio.

I also miss other subs. True, the other subs in SH2 acted dorky at times, but at least they were there and at least they hekped to sink ships.

Being the ONLY U-boat at sea is really starting to get to me!