PDA

View Full Version : New Back Dodge

Playing_Mantis
04-13-2018, 05:56 AM
am i correct that all the heroes are getting the exact same back dodge distance and speeds now? I do agree that each type of class should have the same, like all assassins should be same and all heavies. BUT why would heavies be able to dodge back as far as assassins? they are more durable and there is a reason why assassins should be able to dodge back a bit further than heavies. pk was of course way too far but i don't think all classes should have the same dodge back. i feel like more and more the characters are getting equalized out to be the same in certain things.

Tirik22x
04-13-2018, 06:51 AM
Assassins should not be able to safely spam backdodge to leave a fight at will. Thatís the point. You can still dodge attacks just the same.

Tyrjo
04-13-2018, 07:06 AM
Did they say anything about the recovery times or OOS back dodge?

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 07:17 AM
Seems like a rather heavy handed and poor fix imho.

Playing_Mantis
04-13-2018, 09:40 AM
hmm, ok tirik. if u think they all should have the same back dodge thats fine. I'm not talking about getting out of battle but many being able to dodge away from some attacks. seems like assassins should have a little more distance to be honest. they have less hp and forcing them to be a constant in your face battle seems a bit unfair to assassins. but thats just my opinion of course. seems like heroes in big armor don't really need to dodge back to avoid damage like assassins, and with all that armor and hp why would they dodge back as far? if there going for realistic combat i mean. maybe there not tho. if assassins are forced to be right in the combat i think they should at least raise the HP to be on par with the non assassins.

Tirik22x
04-13-2018, 11:08 AM
hmm, ok tirik. if u think they all should have the same back dodge thats fine. I'm not talking about getting out of battle but many being able to dodge away from some attacks. seems like assassins should have a little more distance to be honest. they have less hp and forcing them to be a constant in your face battle seems a bit unfair to assassins. but thats just my opinion of course. seems like heroes in big armor don't really need to dodge back to avoid damage like assassins, and with all that armor and hp why would they dodge back as far? if there going for realistic combat i mean. maybe there not tho. if assassins are forced to be right in the combat i think they should at least raise the HP to be on par with the non assassins.

Bro, Iím a Centurion main... I just now am gonna have 120hp after my new buff, and I donít have your assassins dodge. So I donít exactly feel bad.

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Seems like a rather heavy handed and poor fix imho.

Agreed. Instead of balancing they are just making everyone the same character more and more with each update.

BadBOO17
04-13-2018, 11:15 AM
I mean the heavies (except conq) need all the help they can get when fighting assassins.

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Agreed. Instead of balancing they are just making everyone the same character more and more with each update.

I mean i wanted everyone to have the same back dash recoveries side dash recoveries and forward dodge recoveries (think you missed my thread that had it inside.)
I'm just not fond of this one because it seems a bit over board.

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 12:19 PM
I mean i wanted everyone to have the same back dash recoveries side dash recoveries and forward dodge recoveries (think you missed my thread that had it inside.)
I'm just not fond of this one because it seems a bit over board.

Recoveries? Sure. I just don't want everybody to move at the same speed and distance. Some characters should be able to get away better, imo.

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Recoveries? Sure. I just don't want everybody to move at the same speed and distance. Some characters should be able to get away better, imo.

yeah assassins imo should have the farthest dodge distance. Doesn't mean current pk distance though lmao.

Animaeus
04-13-2018, 01:15 PM
Assassins retain superior mobility with side and forward dodges, dodge attacks, and sprint speed.

No one should have "better" back dodges because back dodging away consecutively should not be a viable option/strategy for ANY character at ANY time for ANY reason. It's a toxic miracle cure-all solution that rewards cowardice.

I'm saying this as someone that has Shaman, PK, and Shinobi all rep 15 (my three highest rep characters). I've never been a sad little backpedalling ***** and I'm ecstatic that they're finally going extinct.

Tyrjo
04-13-2018, 02:36 PM
It's a good change and it will help with the dodge turtling.

Hormly
04-13-2018, 02:49 PM
This change pleases me greatly 😊 any nerf to assassins is good for the games health.

Tirik22x
04-13-2018, 10:26 PM
Assassins retain superior mobility with side and forward dodges, dodge attacks, and sprint speed.

No one should have "better" back dodges because back dodging away consecutively should not be a viable option/strategy for ANY character at ANY time for ANY reason. It's a toxic miracle cure-all solution that rewards cowardice.

I'm saying this as someone that has Shaman, PK, and Shinobi all rep 15 (my three highest rep characters). I've never been a sad little backpedalling ***** and I'm ecstatic that they're finally going extinct.

This.

SerSine
04-14-2018, 04:22 PM
am i correct that all the heroes are getting the exact same back dodge distance and speeds now? I do agree that each type of class should have the same, like all assassins should be same and all heavies. BUT why would heavies be able to dodge back as far as assassins? they are more durable and there is a reason why assassins should be able to dodge back a bit further than heavies. pk was of course way too far but i don't think all classes should have the same dodge back. i feel like more and more the characters are getting equalized out to be the same in certain things.

Tbh I think they should've just buff for Ward dashing on character OOS or something, I do agree assassin's should have the farthest back dodge or just over all dodge capabilities, kinda annoying that some people spammed back dodging in the first place, cowards lol.

HazelrahFirefly
04-14-2018, 05:16 PM
You know what would be truly the best imo? Keep the assassins with the furthest back dodge, and all dodges, but make it so consecutive dodges have a cooldown in terms of distance.

Rough number example: First backdodge is 2 meters; second is one and a half, then the third and onward is one meter (or whatever the distance is for non assaasins). That way it's a great dodging tool, but limits extended escape forcing a combat oriented reaction in short time.

Knight_Raime
04-14-2018, 06:05 PM

Sprint speed means nothing in duels.
6 heros that are non assassins are on par with most assassin side dodge recoveries.
7 heros that are non assassins are on par with most assassin forward dodges.

So saying assassins have superior mobility isn't true. I'm not asking for assassins to have pk back dash distance. I'm saying assassins should have the better dash distance in general. If you don't want that on back dashes that's fine. I wasn't exclusively talking about it exclusively.

For frame of reference not counting back dashes:
Pk has 500ms recoveries across the board.
Berzerker has 600ms recoveries across the board.
Orochi has 600ms on his front and side dashes.
Shinobi has 600ms across the board.
Gladiator has 600ms across the board.
Shaman has 500ms across the board.

And every hero pretty much meets that. sans a few like valk, raider, kensei etc.
Warden has the best forward at 300ms with LB having 400ms on forward.

Personally I wanted back dash to be 800ms across the board. 600ms side dodges across the board. and 500ms forward recoveries across the board.
Then all non assassins would have one dash distance. and assassins would have one dash distance. But it would be farther than the non assassins.

RoosterIlluzion
04-14-2018, 09:38 PM
Assassins should not be able to safely spam backdodge to leave a fight at will. Thatís the point. You can still dodge attacks just the same.

You haven't notice by now that the game's combat isn't realistic?

Playing_Mantis
04-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Tirik, relax. your Cent is still op and doing fine.

Auztinito
04-15-2018, 11:43 AM
Honestly, it's better than allowing back dodge to be a get out of jail card for Assassin's. If you want to get out a 1vX situation or fall back you should be forced to roll out of it or try running. If you're retreating, you deserve to lose some stamina. For 1vX situations, if they just added "actual" FF then you would see a decrease of it happening severely. Especially, if you got negative points and kicked after 3 Team-kills.

PepsiBeastin
04-16-2018, 02:46 AM
Honestly, it's better than allowing back dodge to be a get out of jail card for Assassin's. If you want to get out a 1vX situation or fall back you should be forced to roll out of it or try running. If you're retreating, you deserve to lose some stamina. For 1vX situations, if they just added "actual" FF then you would see a decrease of it happening severely. Especially, if you got negative points and kicked after 3 Team-kills.

Ah yes, sprint away from a group of enemies when half the cast has heat-seeking jump attacks. Let me know how that works out for you.

Hormly
04-16-2018, 03:19 AM
Ah yes, sprint away from a group of enemies when half the cast has heat-seeking jump attacks. Let me know how that works out for you.

Then die like the rest of us lol i know it hurts to lose such an advantage that youve grown accustomed too but you won't get sympathy from people who main non assassin's who are used to watchin you effortlessly slip away whenever youre losing 😊