PDA

View Full Version : WHY does Cent get a buff so fast? others been waiting longer than the cents existence

Playing_Mantis
04-13-2018, 05:48 AM
I don't really understand why its so easy for the devs to just buff the cent in a matter of just weeks when other heroes have been suffering forever!! like how hard would it have been to make Valks moves less punishable, or orchi faster side lights.. anything. but the cent just gets a new move change mixup in a matter of a week basically. its pretty obvious why, roman plays the cent. so of course he gets looked at weekly. its blatantly obvious by now that some characters the devs just don't play or really give a **** about. maybe next season after a year of complaining will they rework the orochi. but if the rockstar cent need a buff well just wait a week or 2. tired of it to be honest.

kanuzira
04-13-2018, 06:43 AM
I don't really understand why its so easy for the devs to just buff the cent in a matter of just weeks when other heroes have been suffering forever!! like how hard would it have been to make Valks moves less punishable, or orchi faster side lights.. anything. but the cent just gets a new move change mixup in a matter of a week basically. its pretty obvious why, roman plays the cent. so of course he gets looked at weekly. its blatantly obvious by now that some characters the devs just don't play or really give a **** about. maybe next season after a year of complaining will they rework the orochi. but if the rockstar cent need a buff well just wait a week or 2. tired of it to be honest.

Maby because it was fast and easy to do

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 07:21 AM
really? it's been months. he was only acceptable because of parrying strengths.
it's not like this buff does anything for him anyway.

Dane520123
04-13-2018, 11:15 AM
His buff didnít do sht for him and wym so fast ????? Took them for ever

Kamen42
04-13-2018, 11:48 AM
His buff didn’t do sht for him and wym so fast ????? Took them for ever

Well, until the start of season 5 he was considered a cancer character, so he didn't need a buff. He has been viewed as weak for... two months? And he gets the light-heavy combo that Valkyrie has needed since before Cent was even introduced in the game. And she was viewed as weak for much longer. So yeah, "Fast" actually is accurate.

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Well, until the start of season 5 he was considered a cancer character, so he didn't need a buff. He has been viewed as weak for... two months? And he gets the light-heavy combo that Valkyrie has needed since before Cent was even introduced in the game. And she was viewed as weak for much longer. So yeah, "Fast" actually is accurate.

He's been considered trash before season 5. And people still find him annoying during season 5.
Valk had the unfortunate luck of being nerfed both before the game launched and nerfed again a month or 2 in. Likely why the devs took forever to revisit her. they had already done so twice.

wolfman25br
04-13-2018, 01:52 PM

Yep. Agreed.

Every bottom tier hero could get some "easy" to arrange buffs, increasing speed or damage wouldt fix them, but at least some incentive to keep playng them.

it amazes me, how the character that most damaged the balance (and the fun) of the game receives so much attention and so quickly.

Veerdin-Wraith
04-13-2018, 04:53 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say that this buff is little more than a kind of bandaid to make the Centurion a bit less of a garbage tier hero until he gets reworked at the start of season 6...

At least, that's my hope, anyway. I've never made any bones about my issues with the Centurion; I don't play him, but I absolutely hate playing against him. Because almost all of his kit is so awful, the only way anybody ever plays him is as a stamina-ruining stunlock machine that yells obnoxious latin every 0.005 seconds.

He desperately needs to be redone from the ground up. His annoying stunlock combo and the way he utterly destroys stamina make him a pain in the backside to fight, and his terrible stats and lack of moveset means that the stunlock combo is the only way to actually play him with any real hope of succeeding. He's so badly designed right now it's honestly embarrassing.

Al3thia
04-13-2018, 06:16 PM
Centurion was and is Roman's baby boy.WHen he was launched he was so OP , lots of people left the season and he got fixed ages after cancerous play.Guess why he got a patch so fast now.

Sauronbaine
04-14-2018, 12:48 AM
Centurion had received many nerfs and has become one of the worst characters in the game.

Season 4 Stats:

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_duel_winloss_matrix_870x489v3_320341.jpg

Centurion was one of the WORST characters in the game in season 4 and has recieved ANOTHER nerf in Season 5.

He's even worse than Valk.

Vakris_One
04-14-2018, 01:32 AM
Centurion had received many nerfs and has become one of the worst characters in the game.

Season 4 Stats:

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_duel_winloss_matrix_870x489v3_320341.jpg

Centurion was one of the WORST characters in the game in season 4 and has recieved ANOTHER nerf in Season 5.

What nerf did he receive in Season 5?

Sauronbaine
04-14-2018, 01:34 AM

He no longer gets the charged heavy off of a light parry. Not the unblockable. The standard charge.

Sauronbaine
04-14-2018, 01:47 AM

He no longer gets the charged heavy off of a light parry. Not the unblockable. The standard charge.

Knight_Raime
04-14-2018, 12:47 PM

He wasn't nerfed directly. Season 5 removed Gb's from parries and fiex parry timings to 2 timings one for light and one for heavy.
Centurion could get a GB on any parry which meant tons of stamina damage, a wall splat for good damage and a combo, or an insta kill environment providing.
and on a light parry he got his cutscene combo.

He gets neither anymore. And punch/kick are dodged on reaction by most players. So he was stuck to lights for interrupts heavies for interrupts and a semi reliable soft feint mix up. Basically speaking he currently feels like a launch hero. the new change he gets gives him easier access to his soft feint combo. Which is going to make him a bigger threat for average players but it won't have a huge impact in high tier outside of forcing the fighter to constantly deal with the combo mix up.

Dane520123
04-14-2018, 12:56 PM

Season 4 Stats:

People like to base their views off a couple in game *** kickings, they donít bother with the stats. Thank you for showing them. Cent is nothing but a noob stomper other then that heís easy Asf to deal with

Dane520123
04-14-2018, 12:57 PM
He wasn't nerfed directly. Season 5 removed Gb's from parries and fiex parry timings to 2 timings one for light and one for heavy.
Centurion could get a GB on any parry which meant tons of stamina damage, a wall splat for good damage and a combo, or an insta kill environment providing.

He gets neither anymore. And punch/kick are dodged on reaction by most players. So he was stuck to lights for interrupts heavies for interrupts and a semi reliable soft feint mix up. Basically speaking he currently feels like a launch hero. the new change he gets gives him easier access to his soft feint combo. Which is going to make him a bigger threat for average players but it won't have a huge impact in high tier outside of forcing the fighter to constantly deal with the combo mix up.

This ^

Vakris_One
04-14-2018, 05:59 PM

I see your points. It comes down to how badly designed the Centurion is in the first place - a character built solely around a single punishing cutscene combo and pretty much nothing else in terms of kit. To be honest even the very flawed Aramusha has 2 things he is built around: infinite chain and blade blockade. Cent is just 1 thing: cutscene combo.

The parry changes with GB had to happen but that basically removed the Centurion's access to his 1 thing. Problem is that his cutscene combo from a GB is annoying and cancerous much for the same reasons that Shugo is not fun to fight against and very limited to use. Building a character purely around a combo of free damage was one of the worst decisions they could have made in my opinion, but we're here now and they can't just delete the character.

Me thinks Centurion will need a full rework at some point or perhaps a Highlander-esque re-wiring so as to enable new avenues for him to access and use more of his kit, a way for him to not always have to fall back on his cutscene combo or die trying.

Knight_Raime
04-14-2018, 06:09 PM
I see your points. It comes down to how badly designed the Centurion is in the first place - a character built solely around a single punishing cutscene combo and pretty much nothing else in terms of kit. To be honest even the very flawed Aramusha has 2 things he is built around: infinite chain and blade blockade. Cent is just 1 thing: cutscene combo.

The parry changes with GB had to happen but that basically removed the Centurion's access to his 1 thing. Problem is that his cutscene combo from a GB is annoying and cancerous much for the same reasons that Shugo is not fun to fight against and very limited to use. Building a character purely around a combo of free damage was one of the worst decisions they could have made in my opinion, but we're here now and they can't just delete the character.

Me thinks Centurion will need a full rework at some point or perhaps a Highlander-esque re-wiring so as to enable new avenues for him to access and use more of his kit, a way for him to not always have to fall back on his cutscene combo or die trying.

I don't think he can be saved from his bad design with just number tweaks like highlander. As long as he gets his combo and has that stamina drain potential structure nearly any buffs to his kick, jab, or quick throw will just make him a pain again. That being said in the skill bracket I play in I can still pull some wins with him if my game is on point. So i'm fine with where he's at. But I welcome the light into heavy buff. Now if only his kick was 100ms faster.

Playing_Mantis
04-15-2018, 05:55 AM
i really hate when people use this chart for arguments. this chart means ****!!! its taking a newer hero like the cent and comparing it to older ones. my example is Valk. more new players will gravitate to the op characters and newer characters. so the conc being newer and op has all the new noobs playing it. then u take the Valk.. only old stubborn players will mostly be playing the valk. so to get to my point, its comparing way more ****ty players who play the conc vs the lower amount of older and seasoned players playing the Valk and then giving u a close percent in the 2. so basically skilled players playing on a ****ty hero are getting about 50% wins vs newer players with less skill and still the valk is getting 50% wins. if the characters are balanced then the more skilled players will always come up ahead. but thats not happening in this black and white chart.

basically the chart is.. (Cent)strong heroes and ****ty players = (Valk)**** hero and skilled players. this is why the chart is flawed. newer players just won't go play an old ****ty hero as much as the new shiny op ones.

Sauronbaine
04-15-2018, 10:24 AM
i really hate when people use this chart for arguments. this chart means ****!!! its taking a newer hero like the cent and comparing it to older ones. my example is Valk. more new players will gravitate to the op characters and newer characters. so the conc being newer and op has all the new noobs playing it. then u take the Valk.. only old stubborn players will mostly be playing the valk. so to get to my point, its comparing way more ****ty players who play the conc vs the lower amount of older and seasoned players playing the Valk and then giving u a close percent in the 2. so basically skilled players playing on a ****ty hero are getting about 50% wins vs newer players with less skill and still the valk is getting 50% wins. if the characters are balanced then the more skilled players will always come up ahead. but thats not happening in this black and white chart.

basically the chart is.. (Cent)strong heroes and ****ty players = (Valk)**** hero and skilled players. this is why the chart is flawed. newer players just won't go play an old ****ty hero as much as the new shiny op ones.

Once again, you ignore the ****ing evidence in front of you.

THE CENTURION IS GARBAGE AGAINST GOOD OR HALF DECENT PLAYERS.

Thats all it shows. Its a terrible character.

The ONLY thing the Centurion has thats any good is his parrys and thats not going to work EVERY time. The feint to GB will NEVER work against anyone because its so telegrapghed and please... the unblockable attack will never hit because it gets parried immediatly. You have no idea what you are talking about. You suck against Centurion it seems and want to base your arguement on what YOU feel even though the evidence supports the fact that its really just you who has the problem.

Kahuf1
04-15-2018, 10:53 AM

One point mate... The Chart shows % win rate of top 2,5% of all players. Im not sure for whitch stat they use, but the chart IS GOOD argument. Didnot say "only one argument" but its pretty good to see which hero is better in hands of top 2,5% players.

Vakris_One
04-15-2018, 04:35 PM

The chart is based on the top 2% of the best players in For Honor fighting each other. In other words everybody is more or less at the same high skill level as their opponent. Therefore the disparity in character kit options is the factor that will determine who wins more matches more so than raw skill level. It's the most accurate representation and examination of how competitive a character's kit is that one could ask for.