PDA

View Full Version : Godly Decision Made! Deflect buff!

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 12:56 AM
Perhaps the single best decision ever from the devs imo.

In case you hadn't heard, deflects will now chain if another attack hits you after the deflect but before the attack lands. In other words, the deflect will chain just like the parries against multiple attacks.

Even better stated: deflects are now uninterruptible! Well, not now, but after the patch lands on the 19th.

This alone has made me happy enough not to b**** for a while lol.

Muitcha-melodia
04-13-2018, 01:16 AM
Great, now they should just delete the heavy classes. It is time to join the new meta!!

Sneakly20
04-13-2018, 02:06 AM
Perhaps the single best decision ever from the devs imo.

In case you hadn't heard, deflects will now chain if another attack hits you after the deflect but before the attack lands. In other words, the deflect will chain just like the parries against multiple attacks.

Even better stated: deflects are now uninterruptible! Well, not now, but after the patch lands on the 19th.

This alone has made me happy enough not to b**** for a while lol.

This must be dynamic between assassins because the option of attack after deflect or not depend on character. Although only one character in the game has an automatic deflect (shinobi) Iím curious on how this will work out.

Tirik22x
04-13-2018, 02:14 AM
Great, now they should just delete the heavy classes. It is time to join the new meta!!

The new meta?

Assassins been the meta.

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 02:33 AM

I don't think this effects Heavy heroes at all. Their attacks aren't quick enough to land between a deflect starting and striking.

The only two classes who have intereupted my deflects have been the Shaman and Aramusha, though I've read and certainly believw that the Shinobi can do it as well. Basically, this is an assassin vs assassin fix.

Vakris_One
04-13-2018, 02:45 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks. In the Den they mentioned a deflect now deflecting all the strikes in a Zerker's zone for example, I wonder how that will look :)

Alustar.
04-13-2018, 03:39 AM
Honestly this is how it should have been from the start, I'm surprised they have treated deflect differently than parry in this regard, because it makes it much harder for an assassin in an Xv1 scenario. Giving assassins the ability to use their kit in this way will improve their quality of life over all. I've been horribly upset with the way deflect had been treated in the past.

Kelson27
04-13-2018, 04:38 AM
Iím almost certain I did a multi deflect in a 1vX situation before... but itíll be great to get those deflects against ara and zerk going through. Great news.

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 07:26 AM
very interesting.

Charmzzz
04-13-2018, 08:57 AM
I am 100% sure that I chain-deflected a Zerker Zone before.

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 10:40 AM
I am 100% sure that I chain-deflected a Zerker Zone before.

Knowing the devs, they may have had this idea for a while and accidentally left it in for certain cases during the past between updates.

Crosstails20
04-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Well I can't say that I agree with you, because I haven't played it yet, and neither have you so save your complaining until after you test it out.

Devils-_-legacy
04-13-2018, 04:56 PM
(deflects will now chain if another attack hits you after the deflect but before the attack lands. ) we already have this it doesnt last long tho so are they extending the window? I'm confused as you can already do this but this ends after like the 3rd attack?

Kelson27
04-14-2018, 02:11 AM
(deflects will now chain if another attack hits you after the deflect but before the attack lands. ) we already have this it doesnt last long tho so are they extending the window? I'm confused as you can already do this but this ends after like the 3rd attack?

I think, for example being light spammed by ara, if you deflect now and go for a light, ara continues his chain and you will both trade. With the suggested change the trade wouldnít happen, you would essentially continue deflecting until ara either stops the chain or runs oos.

HazelrahFirefly
04-14-2018, 02:51 AM
I can guarantee that the Aramusha can light spam and interrupt deflects. No trade occurs.

Devils-_-legacy
04-14-2018, 03:20 AM
I normally play zerk orochi shaman as assassins and i can normally land the deflect against amusha anyway so I don't think I'll notice lol I'll have to wait for the patch notes

Kelson27
04-14-2018, 04:54 AM
I have definitely traded deflect as orochi to Ara. Many, many times.

BlowHard74728
04-14-2018, 05:55 AM
About time I say:

https://youtu.be/_Kz3HqxIEjc

For instance I probably would have won the third round had this been in effect. I cant tell you how many times I've died or been hit out of my deflect by Beserker

HazelrahFirefly
04-14-2018, 12:21 PM
I have definitely traded deflect as orochi to Ara. Many, many times.

With the heavy deflect you can obviously currently still get your stripe in as it has hyper armor. The light does not, and you will be knocked out of the animation if an attack hits you between the deflect and the proceeding hit. This is fact and is why they are adding this new system.

You and others are either remembering wrong, or it was lag that allowed both to happen. Sorry if I sound aggressive, I am typing quickly!

mrmistark
04-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Now they just need to do a similar thing for Highlands counter attack against Berserker zone.

BlowHard74728
04-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Now they just need to do a similar thing for Highlands counter attack against Berserker zone.

Speaking of Highlander is he not able to get a heavy in after parrying a light? I've been playing around with him and I realize anytime I parry a light his heavy is too slow to get a free hit in. Does it have to be an unblockable from his offensive mode?

mrmistark
04-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Speaking of Highlander is he not able to get a heavy in after parrying a light? I've been playing around with him and I realize anytime I parry a light his heavy is too slow to get a free hit in. Does it have to be an unblockable from his offensive mode?

Honestly man, Iím not sure. Iím pretty sure he gets the free heavy though. He should hypothetically. Everyone should. Maybe try Celtic curse or Ub heavy but a normal one should work I think.

BlowHard74728
04-14-2018, 08:22 PM
I'll mess around with it some more see if i was just doing something stupid

teddy0teddy
04-14-2018, 08:46 PM
You have to fast flow to offensive stance when you parry the light anf then immediately go for the ub heavy.

Alustar.
04-14-2018, 08:59 PM
Teddy is right from what I remember, I was under the impression (from being on the receiving end of it anyway) that his unblockables heavies from offensive stance are the guaranteed punish after a successful light parry. It will probably take a bit of practice as the hold time isn't very long, but if you delay it too much your hit could get parried in return.

mrmistark
04-14-2018, 09:10 PM
Yeah on console itís pretty rare to parry a light and now that I think about it when I do I always UB cause I instinctively continue to hold heavy button after I parry and when I let go to go for what would normally be a regular heavy once I press heavy again I end up doing Ub. I donít really know why I do that honestly. Itís like subconsciously I hold it like the character holds the enemies weapon and before he pushes back. Iím that guy that moves his head around during racing games when Iím rounding a corner too lol itís just a thing.

BlowHard74728
04-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Yeah on console itís pretty rare to parry a light and now that I think about it when I do I always UB cause I instinctively continue to hold heavy button after I parry and when I let go to go for what would normally be a regular heavy once I press heavy again I end up doing Ub. I donít really know why I do that honestly. Itís like subconsciously I hold it like the character holds the enemies weapon and before he pushes back. Iím that guy that moves his head around during racing games when Iím rounding a corner too lol itís just a thing.

Yeah I do the same thing for some reason. Thanks guys for the tips

Alustar.
04-15-2018, 01:51 PM

I do the same thing when I'm playing games and trying to peer around corners like in MGS, Zelda BTOW, or the witcher. It drives my friends nuts.

Dry.Fish
04-20-2018, 12:53 AM
Well.. Valkyrie just bounces off Berzerker's first attack of his zone. Nothing like assassin's where you can wait for the last attack to follow up on the riposte.

Kelson27
04-20-2018, 01:12 AM
With the heavy deflect you can obviously currently still get your stripe in as it has hyper armor. The light does not, and you will be knocked out of the animation if an attack hits you between the deflect and the proceeding hit. This is fact and is why they are adding this new system.

You and others are either remembering wrong, or it was lag that allowed both to happen. Sorry if I sound aggressive, I am typing quickly!

Haha no biggie on the aggressive for quick typing.

I know you get knocked out of it but I have 100% traded with an ara on light spam after going with a deflect light. Iíd probably also say that if it was just 1 person, maybe they remembered it wrong. But multiple people remembering the same thing wrong? That doesnít seem to add up 😋

Either way canít wait to see how they handled it tonight.