PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Brawl / Brawl Tournament

SEISMIS21
04-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Based on conversations with many friends, clan members, random strangers, and discussions on the forums (here or reddit), I believe that many people would really enjoy a Ranked Brawl / Brawl Tournament (RB/BT) mode.

Team fighting modes are by far the most popular in the For Honor community. However, at the moment, ganking and direct damage feats GBd really put a sour taste in many people's mouths. Ranked game modes provide a means to increase competitiveness and motivation. Ranked duel isn't bad, but it is missing the team aspect. Ranked dominion falls to the same issues as normal 4v4 modes with ganking and feats.

I think RB/BT would fill a gap in game modes that currently exists in the game. The only argument against it that I see if that it might be difficult to match up a person's rank. The easy solution is that whoever is the party leader is the player that determines rank, if it is random teammates then whoever is determined the 'party leader' from a software perspective is the one that determines rank for the fight. alternstively, you match players together that are within a set rank of each other as far as RB/BT is concerned.

Either way, instigating a RB/BT mode would be exceedingly easy, provide a new and exciting motivator, increase competitiveness, and battle some major issues that exist in the team modes.

What are anyone else's thoughts?

Tyrjo
04-13-2018, 07:04 AM
Nobody is playing ranked the way it is now. The matchmaking will be terrible, like it is in the ones we already have. I don't see how this would be any different with another type ranked mode. Unless the steel and XP rewards are increased by 100%.